Does anyone use Poshmark?

just as well to block her...if she actually did purchase something she might want to return it

maybe she's ignorant and doesn't understand what she's doing when she makes the offers
Yes, that is what I was afraid of. No, she knows exactly what she is doing. She is a reseller on PM and has been for many years. Will she know she is blocked? I wonder if she can still watch my items for sale.

Yes, that is what I was afraid of. No, she knows exactly what she is doing. She is a reseller on PM and has been for many years. Will she know she is blocked? I wonder if she can still watch my items for sale.
wow, she does know what she's doing....maybe someone here knows the answers to your questions. I'd steer clear of her

Maybe she's a head case
I had one strange experience. seller was answering my questions quite timely. I made an offer (close to asking price) and she pulled the listing. I dodged a bullet there because the bag had damage and I got a much better one on TRR. hers is still sitting there as "not for sale"

when I'm interested in an item I look at seller's history...has she sold a lot, has she sold for reasonable prices....of course not every seller has a lot of history but I find it interesting. also like to see if the other items they're selling or have sold are nice and whether they look like they're selling their own stuff (not that selling items that weren't your own originally is a deal breaker)

I figure that if they cancel the offer, they would probably try to cancel after you accept anyway. I had that happen once. I figured there was no reason to force it since I hadn't shipped. They would probably try to make trouble if I didn't agree to cancel. It could be guilt about spending money or they found another thing they wanted more.

I did accept.

Yes, I have a repeat buyer on PM submit 4 to 5 offers on some of my items and then 2 seconds later cancel them. I've finally blocked her!! Tired of this BS
or they send lowball offers anyway for whatever they like and if some sellers accept immediately, they cancel for other sellers bec they are out of budget. so it's like "who accepts offers faster" games. time count is seconds - 2 minutes:smile:

or they send lowball offers anyway for whatever they like and if some sellers accept immediately, they cancel for other sellers bec they are out of budget. so it's like "who accepts offers faster" games. time count is seconds - 2 minutes:smile:
Amazing! I can't imagine doing that! When I was first getting started on ebay, I placed a bid on an item, then found one at a buy it now price, which I bought, thinking I wouldn't win the auction. I didn't know I could cancel my bid so I won the auction too. I got both, which I didn't need.

wow, she does know what she's doing....maybe someone here knows the answers to your questions. I'd steer clear of her

Maybe she's a head case
I had one strange experience. seller was answering my questions quite timely. I made an offer (close to asking price) and she pulled the listing. I dodged a bullet there because the bag had damage and I got a much better one on TRR. hers is still sitting there as "not for sale"

when I'm interested in an item I look at seller's history...has she sold a lot, has she sold for reasonable prices....of course not every seller has a lot of history but I find it interesting. also like to see if the other items they're selling or have sold are nice and whether they look like they're selling their own stuff (not that selling items that weren't your own originally is a deal breaker)
People (not like a pro and hobby sellers) but regular people list their own stuff that they/their family members keep wearing. By the time they receive an offer they check the item and it turns out it's nowhere close to the listed pics. Or their family member is using it.
I had such experience as a buyer. I was on a hunt for a particular bag, and I only buy in new/like new condition, I located one. I sent an offer close to the original price, she accepted in minutes but never shipped. I asked her when she can ship after a week and she said something came up. I asked to cancel and re-list when she's ready to ship. She never relisted. Her daughter had the bag apparently and was not going to part with it. And the condition was nowhere close to the listed pics.
I read similar stories, like some sellers claim they are in a hospital, can't ship bec of family's tragedy etc etc. All the same sellers.
I don't understand that behavior either. If they don't get paid until the item is delivered and accepted what's the point to list items and especially accept offers (it requires deliberate action on their side and kinda confirmation they have the item). Maybe # of sales counts towards their stats as a Posh ambassador? but once cancelled it's removed from the stats. I don't get it.

Maybe she's a head case

Yes, I'm going to steer clear of her. It sounds like you dodged a bullet from the PM seller! I also look at the seller's history and the buyer's history. So far I have been really lucky, but I have had 3 buyers that wanted to return because the item did not look good on them. Thankfully PM did not let them return. I also had one that bought a brand new jacket. I always ship the next day and let my buyers know I have shipped the item. She had the audacity to ask if she can return the jacket because she just saw I had the same jacket in a smaller size too. She had not even received the jacket yet!!! I messaged her back and told her I'm sorry I'm not a store and cannot accept returns. I blocked her. I get very nervous when a buyer has just joined PM that same day and buys my items.

Yes, I'm going to steer clear of her. It sounds like you dodged a bullet from the PM seller! I also look at the seller's history and the buyer's history. So far I have been really lucky, but I have had 3 buyers that wanted to return because the item did not look good on them. Thankfully PM did not let them return. I also had one that bought a brand new jacket. I always ship the next day and let my buyers know I have shipped the item. She had the audacity to ask if she can return the jacket because she just saw I had the same jacket in a smaller size too. She had not even received the jacket yet!!! I messaged her back and told her I'm sorry I'm not a store and cannot accept returns. I blocked her. I get very nervous when a buyer has just joined PM that same day and buys my items.
I've been very lucky in that I've only had one buyer want to return. I always worry more when it is clothing.

Reactions: GemsBerry
some people - apparently they thought you were Costco or Amazon

It can be another "new" account to her after she had problems with previous account. PM could have deactivated it or she got many neg comments from sellers and opened a new one.
some people - apparently they thought you were Costco or Amazon
True!

Reactions: Gennas
Hi. I did a search here using “delete” and couldn’t find anything on this. Has anyone ever deleted their PM account and then later create a new account with a new user name? if so, does PM treat you like a brand new member? Do they retain any info on you like your taxpayer info, your email, etc so that you are not really “new” to them? On their website, PM said they might keep certain info as required by law (don’t know what that means). Thanks

Does anyone have any thoughts on the PM auctions? I've seen a lot of chatter blaming them for increased low ball offers, and I have to say I agree to some extent. Low ballers have always existed, but these auctions definitely seem to be encouraging a race to the bottom with regard to prices.