Does anyone actually use their iridescent bags? Afraid to use my gorgeous pink...

Quick feedback: Chanel iridescent bags...

• YAY - gorgeous, ages gracefully, worth it to have one of these unicorns!

Votes: 55 73.3%
  • NAY - too delicate given the cost, short lifespan, there are better options

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters
I just got the same one. It is gorgeous. I have trouble because it looks so fancy
and I don't know if I want to wear so I need an outfit for this bag.
When I saw this bag I had just bought a pair of lavender wool gabardine pants, which I planned to pair with a crisp white shirt, navy leather jacket, and an Hermes scarf that tied it all together. The lilac-colored bag was the icing on top. I haven’t had a chance to wear the outfit yet as the pants were being hemmed. But soon! I think the bag would also look nice with charcoal grey. I have to play around some more.

When I saw this bag I had just bought a pair of lavender wool gabardine pants, which I planned to pair with a crisp white shirt, navy leather jacket, and an Hermes scarf that tied it all together. The lilac-colored bag was the icing on top. I haven’t had a chance to wear the outfit yet as the pants were being hemmed. But soon! I think the bag would also look nice with charcoal grey. I have to play around some more.
Sounds amazing! Thank you ket me know how it works out. I ordered a grey shirt and will attempt to find pairings. So do you think black, white, grey or Navy? Lavender may be hard to match and does the scarf pull in the lavender with a pattern?

My rule of thumb is don’t buy anything I wouldn’t carry.

I personally don’t understand the fear thing (although I know it’s real and see this a lot around here) when comes to carrying a bag, that’s what it’s for! If it gets dirty, clean it. If it gets worn repair or keep using it until you can’t use it anymore! I guess my love of the bag and using it far outweighs the fear!

*hunts down 21s iri pink in medium* :lol:

@MomMomx3 @CoolCustomer sorry to piggy back on this thread, but please share outfit pics when you get a chance! I also have the 23P iridescent purple CF and would love to see how others style it!
Hello @hmn002 ! I am thrilled to have the 23P iridescent purple CF and wore it for the first time last week while shopping at Nordstrom. I received 5 or 6 complements—no exaggeration. Once I responded that I thought it was a good day to take the bag out for a spin and a sales associated responded, “well, it’s doing 90 in a 45!” So, here’s a pic of how I styled it. I love it with navy and crisp white. I also think it would look nice with grey or brown. I haven’t gone through my summer clothes to see how I would use it, but I have a turquoise jacket and white pants that I think it would pop with. Do share when you decide how to style it! I am looking for inspiration.

C8AE3157-D8E9-4A88-93CC-DEDBB2BBDD26.jpeg

Hello @hmn002 ! I am thrilled to have the 23P iridescent purple CF and wore it for the first time last week while shopping at Nordstrom. I received 5 or 6 complements—no exaggeration. Once I responded that I thought it was a good day to take the bag out for a spin and a sales associated responded, “well, it’s doing 90 in a 45!” So, here’s a pic of how I styled it. I love it with navy and crisp white. I also think it would look nice with grey or brown. I haven’t gone through my summer clothes to see how I would use it, but I have a turquoise jacket and white pants that I think it would pop with. Do share when you decide how to style it! I am looking for inspiration.

View attachment 5739589
Gorgeous!! Thank you for the pic! I am super casual so most likely will style the bag with jeans/shorts and a white tank top. :smile:

Reactions: MomMomx3
Gorgeous!! Thank you for the pic! I am super casual so most likely will style the bag with jeans/shorts and a white tank top. :smile:
Jeans and a white top would be perfect. I just found a pair of purple sandals that I am still debating about keeping. Jeans, white top, and the bag could make a great look with the sandals.

@MomMomx3 @CoolCustomer sorry to piggy back on this thread, but please share outfit pics when you get a chance! I also have the 23P iridescent purple CF and would love to see how others style it!
I have only worn it once with black pants, blazer and a lavender silk blouse that matched the color of the bag. I did get one compliment about gorgeous color. It has been raining so haven't worn it as I don't want to get it wet so looking forward to warmer weather when I can wear it with a white dress.

Last edited:
That looks like perfection the scarf ties in the colors nicely without having too much purple. I keep wanting to buy a matching purple dress and I realize nope too much purple!

I have two gold iridescent bags that I use all the time! One is lambskin and the other is caviar and I have had zero issues! Enjoy yours! It’s beautiful!
Do you prefer the iridescent caviar or lambskin?

I have an iridescent pink 19, iridescent pink CCH and iridescent blue CCH and yes, I use them all. Bags are meant to be worn and hey...if it gets scratched, scuffed up etc...that just gives it character. :coolio:
Are yours iridescent caviar or lambskin? Wondering if one wears over time better than the other? Also I’m wondering if I purchase an iridescent if I’ll actually wear it or just admire it. 🤣

The spring weather is here finally and I took my iridescent bag out for the first time. I am happy I got her. The color changes depends on which angles I took pictures

View attachment 5739206
Is this lambskin?? It’s gorgeous

Do you prefer the iridescent caviar or lambskin?

Are yours iridescent caviar or lambskin? Wondering if one wears over time better than the other? Also I’m wondering if I purchase an iridescent if I’ll actually wear it or just admire it. 🤣

Is this lambskin?? It’s gorgeous
Hi, it is calfskin.
I am still amazed that this bag has no color transfer even when I wear it with colorful clothes.

Am direly looking for a 21S pink to add my first iridescent lambskin and here is a post where a bag is owned but kept unused, its hard to pass as the bag is such a beauty. You can take it to occassions or special dinners. The more you get her out you’ll overcome it

I just bought the purple beauty from 23P. I also have a black iridescent that I bought in July 2022, which I’ve used. I am a bit more careful than with a caviar bag and enjoy it none the less. I did just order some cleaning wipes recommended in another post. And I invested in a heavy weight bag hook from Carrie Atelier. It folds flat and comes with its own case. They are expensive—$105–but given the current price of Chanel bags I think it is well worth it to keep my bag off of the ground.

View attachment 5703289

View attachment 5703293
This is so gorgeous. Is it 18c?