Hermes AW23 RTW & Accessories: Show and Discussion

I get the impression that a lot of models just simply do not know how to walk (gracefully) in heels. Across many shows I've witnessed stomping or just simply got the impression that this the 3rd time they are ever in heels and are about to fall over. That said, after potentially walking NY, London and Milan...they may just be over it and exhaustion is setting in. Or it could very well be the shoe. I suppose we'll find out.
The heel is not terribly high and/or thin. I agree and would prefer a more pointed or even more evergreen almond shaped toe. The squared off is definitely a trend that comes/goes and the more I see it, the less I like it. My concern about them...I find that over the knee sock boots are a hard look to pull off. This totally depends on the design of the boot though, but if it is too tight up top could be deeply unflattering and if one is petite in height could go up too high. I may try them on but think I'll be relegated to the ankle version (I believe I've seen one), which may simply be more versatile.

This is PFW from Victoria Magrath. It's a long video with advertorial et al but for a brief look at Hermes skip right to 38:45. It's only two minutes or so and you won't see anything new but it offers some more video close-ups of fabrics, bags, etc.:

I'd be equally concerned about whether I'd feel stable in them:giggle:. There's a really great video on why models are seen hobbling so much on runways and the culprit is when a shoe is designed to look nice on a shelf forever, making it stiff and not conforming to your feet (along with many other minor details such as heel and arch placement).

If / when someone tries these boots on, please let us know how they feel!

Reactions: LolaWhisp
Now that I have (finally!) finished my review, I wanted to jump in on this thread to see if some of the things I wrote “agree” what the experts here say.
:hugs:

So far, so good! I loved pretty much everything. I find taking any one thing too seriously somewhat challenging, but for me to not make fun of anything (in my head!) is rare.

I’m making guesses on some of the colors. Lots of heritage leathers (Barenia, Vache Naturel, Volynka) this time; hopefully they’re not “runway only”.

I know I'm daft, but the opera gloves, the gold Medor body-chain and the clogs are even more stand-out than the bags, and the bags are just gorgeous. Return of black Box?

If I had not been actively following colors/leathers this season I probably would not have noticed, but I have seen quite a lot more Boxcalf bags being offered/purchased THIS season. Of course, “a lot“ is relative when previously there had been zero, but I am starting to think that it’s not push offer only right now. Considering how much time/money they’ve spent on infrastructure and training new craftspeople for the last few years, perhaps this is one of the benefits of such efforts finally bearing fruit.

Ok, on additional thing I spotted during my obsessive photo zoom-ins of the runway:

2DEB9BA9-6DF5-414A-B2FD-02D9E74153FD.png

I haven't seen this bag in any of the re-see photos, but that is clearly guilloche hardware(!) :hbeat:

Now that I have (finally!) finished my review, I wanted to jump in on this thread to see if some of the things I wrote “agree” what the experts here say.

So far, so good! I loved pretty much everything. I find taking any one thing too seriously somewhat challenging, but for me to not make fun of anything (in my head!) is rare.

I’m making guesses on some of the colors. Lots of heritage leathers (Barenia, Vache Naturel, Volynka) this time; hopefully they’re not “runway only”.

If I had not been actively following colors/leathers this season I probably would not have noticed, but I have seen quite a lot more Boxcalf bags being offered/purchased THIS season. Of course, “a lot“ is relative when previously there had been zero, but I am starting to think that it’s not push offer only right now. Considering how much time/money they’ve spent on infrastructure and training new craftspeople for the last few years, perhaps this is one of the benefits of such efforts finally bearing fruit.

Ok, on additional thing I spotted during my obsessive photo zoom-ins of the runway:

View attachment 5738466

I haven't seen this bag in any of the re-see photos, but that is clearly guilloche hardware(!) :hbeat:
Oh! Thank you for picking up this detail and now I hope the guilloche hardware will make a comeback - I have a barenia C in guilloche hardware, love it! Was told last time that this hardware was out of production as it is difficult to do (QC issues). Guilloche with boxcalf is definitely a winner!

I thought the show was stunningly beautiful and cohesive-although the colour palette was very Maxmara, and the silhouette wasn’t suited to me at 4’11”.
Also the caramels make me look ill, although I could easily find a a place for the grey ribbed knits, the black leathers and a black shearling coat..and of course a new black H bag..
My favourite H collection for a long time.

Does anyone have any intel on this bag? Style name / price range?
I saw it for the first time in the SS23 runway and again in this AW23. I'm in love with the shape and wonder if anyone has seen it in person.

Please delete if it's not appropriate for this thread.

View attachment 5739868

there’s a thread for it here:

One commenter shared some price info too!

Reactions: Jenna989

View attachment 5738466

I just lost my mind! Guilloche!!!! Running off to dream of barenia with guilloche :love: