Sweetheart pearl crush white mini

Yk2366

Feb 24, 2016
I’ve been looking for seasonal white caviar flap bag and came across the sweetheart. I bought it immediately thinking it’s hard to come by- but what do youguys think of the bag compared to pearl crush? I’d rather have the regular Chanel strap but I couldn’t find any.. which brings me to the next question:

Has there ever been a white “caviar” pearl crush bag? I’m not sure if I bought it too fast without thinking and maybe shoudlve waited for the pertfect one, which is white caviar and adjustable with Chanel straps. But I thought I read somewhere that pearl crush bags are all lambskin

CB4972E4-9B3C-4F41-8477-F502C9B9B9C7.jpeg

I personally love the adjustable chain of the sweatheart mini! I have been trying to get this in black, have had no luck.

I would also love to hear if pearl crush comes in caviar, as I am looking for a chanel black caviar mini flap bag with adjustable straps. I saw there is a black mini with lambskin in the 23s collection, can't decide whether to go for lambskin or wait out for caviar.

Your mini is so cute! I definitely prefer the white caviar sweetheart over the pearl crush. I have the white in small size and I love the look and feel of it. I had a pearl crush mini in white lambskin and it was beautiful, but constantly worrying about the delicate leather is not for me. I also prefer the sweetheart strap because I was always worried if the white leather pearl crush strap would get color transfer or stained after each use. Chanel has never released a caviar pearl crush to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonialbj
has there been a price increase on this bag too? anyone know the current retail price?
The mini is $5400 now! Not sure what the original price is.

Edit: to answer the original question I love this sweetheart bag too! I also like the chain+leather look of the strap for pearl crush but ultimately love the way the sweetheart chain wraps around completely :biggrin:

Last edited:
The mini is $5400 now! Not sure what the original price is.

Edit: to answer the original question I love this sweetheart bag too! I also like the chain+leather look of the strap for pearl crush but ultimately love the way the sweetheart chain wraps around completely :biggrin:
The sweetheart’s chain feature that wraps around is another plus for me too!

Reactions: tonialbj
Your mini is so cute! I definitely prefer the white caviar sweetheart over the pearl crush. I have the white in small size and I love the look and feel of it. I had a pearl crush mini in white lambskin and it was beautiful, but constantly worrying about the delicate leather is not for me. I also prefer the sweetheart strap because I was always worried if the white leather pearl crush strap would get color transfer or stained after each use. Chanel has never released a caviar pearl crush to my knowledge.
This is helpful, I never though about color transfer on the strap itself! Yes glad that I don't have to worry about that with sweetheart.

And also glad to know you also think there hasn't been any pearl crush in caviar either. I can't imagine having white chanel in lambskin.. knowing my personality I won't be able to wear it!

Chanel comes out with mini caviar in various styles, but I prefer ones that look closest to the classics. So glad I waited and didn't get any of the other bags (melody, coco first, etc). The sweetheart mini and perfect mini are the closest ones.
so glad you think sweetheart is also the closest to classics, it was my exact thought when I saw it, and that's why I wanted it, but the gold chains threw me off bc it's not like classics at all! But I guess no choice if I want caviar white, and I'm happy that the replies here seem to think it's cute, not tacky which was my fear.

Small size went from $5100 to $5600; not quite sure about the mini and the other larger size.

I bought mine for $7700 SGD which was RIGHT after the price increase, was so annoyed because the few days prior when it was 6900 SGD, they said it wasn't available. it happened to come in RIGHT when the price increased and I still took it. Leaves bad taste in my mouth and after collecting couple more items I need, I don't think I'll be shopping at Chanel much anymore

Reactions: Jellybean111
so glad you think sweetheart is also the closest to classics, it was my exact thought when I saw it, and that's why I wanted it, but the gold chains threw me off bc it's not like classics at all! But I guess no choice if I want caviar white, and I'm happy that the replies here seem to think it's cute, not tacky which was my fear.
There may not be another like this. Every once in awhile (years) they’ll release a mini caviar that’ll look similar to the classic.
Next season they’re releasing a mini rectangle lambskin with with the chain strap like the sweetheart bag. The gold chain might be here for awhile.

I’ve been looking for seasonal white caviar flap bag and came across the sweetheart. I bought it immediately thinking it’s hard to come by- but what do youguys think of the bag compared to pearl crush? I’d rather have the regular Chanel strap but I couldn’t find any.. which brings me to the next question:

Has there ever been a white “caviar” pearl crush bag? I’m not sure if I bought it too fast without thinking and maybe shoudlve waited for the pertfect one, which is white caviar and adjustable with Chanel straps. But I thought I read somewhere that pearl crush bags are all lambskin

View attachment 5732884
I bought this same bag about 3 weeks ago. White has always scared the hell out of me as I'm pretty meticulous with my things. I also wear primarily black, navy, gray and camel, so I worry about color transfer. Lately, I've been interested in something smallish and white for summer. I wear sundresses and tanks with jeans a lot during those months. For me, this bag was perfect. I didn't want to invest in a classic flap in a color that could be a problem, the chain is adjustable and it still looks like a "classic" type of bag.