Question re: Rebecca Minkoff nameplate

pietonne

Oct 19, 2005
Hi RM experts! I am in the market for a used MAM and have a question about the interior tag/nameplate. I’m used to seeing metal ones, but on some used bags I see leather tags (pic attached). When were these used? I am not nearly as knowledgeable about all things RM as many of you are!

Separately, I am so glad that I found this subforum. Many years ago I coveted a MAM but could not justify buying one while I was in school. I’m getting a lot of feelings about finally acquiring one - and the used prices are great! I’m so excited

A2AFB48C-097F-42C9-9410-82D356CF65BD.png

Hi RM experts! I am in the market for a used MAM and have a question about the interior tag/nameplate. I’m used to seeing metal ones, but on some used bags I see leather tags (pic attached). When were these used? I am not nearly as knowledgeable about all things RM as many of you are!

Separately, I am so glad that I found this subforum. Many years ago I coveted a MAM but could not justify buying one while I was in school. I’m getting a lot of feelings about finally acquiring one - and the used prices are great! I’m so excited

View attachment 5734467
there are lot of more knowledgeable people than me here but I'd say this is a newer bag. Most people here prefer the old school MAB or MAMs.

Hopefully @Shelby33 will chime in-I feel like she's the go-to for all things RM! So, IMO, the bags with the metal plaque have the nicer leathers. So around the time of the blue/white polka dot lining and later, that's when I think she went from metal to leather. Prior to that, it was the cheetah lining and X lining (both brown) and also the dash lining (black with white dashes). I think there is a thread on here about the linings if you do a search. And yes, prices are so much better now for older RM's.

View attachment 5734467
I think this lining was 2011/2012. I had a pouch with this lining and the leather was really very nice. I feel like in the later years after 2010 the leathers were hit and miss. Some very nice ones and some not that great. Like almost all brands the quality of leather seems to have gone down as production prices went up.
I can't wait to see your bag! It's so functional and easy to use, please post pictures when you get it!

Hopefully @Shelby33 will chime in-I feel like she's the go-to for all things RM! So, IMO, the bags with the metal plaque have the nicer leathers. So around the time of the blue/white polka dot lining and later, that's when I think she went from metal to leather. Prior to that, it was the cheetah lining and X lining (both brown) and also the dash lining (black with white dashes). I think there is a thread on here about the linings if you do a search. And yes, prices are so much better now for older RM's.
Yes the polka dot lining, I think that's when it changed.
Also Antonia :heart: :heart: :flowers:

• Love
Reactions: Antonia
Thank you all, this is very helpful! I have been scouring Poshmark and Mercari looking for a black MAM in excellent condition. Ideally I’d like one with the old chunky zipper pulls. I will definitely post pictures when I get one! I’m also considering a blue or brown one, if I see any good candidates…
You might also consider The Real Real. Usually some good buys there, depending on what you are looking for.

You might also consider The Real Real. Usually some good buys there, depending on what you are looking for.
Thanks for the recommendation! I’ve been eyeing one there, but it’s hard to tell exactly what condition it’s in. This says “good” condition but the pictures look better than that…

Reactions: Shelby33
Thanks for the recommendation! I’ve been eyeing one there, but it’s hard to tell exactly what condition it’s in. This says “good” condition but the pictures look better than that…

Yes this looks to be in very good condition for it's age and the price is right. I don't think you can go wrong with it....and it's the style you are looking for. :tup:

Reactions: Shelby33