Authenticate This PROENZA SCHOULER

Hi everyone, im so new to all this designer stuffs especially, Proenza Schouler. So i’ve been eyeing this beautiful bag from a a consigment and I really need you guys to help authenticate this for me thank you so much

View attachment 5724506

View attachment 5724507

View attachment 5724508

View attachment 5724509

View attachment 5724510

View attachment 5724511

View attachment 5724512
Hi and welcome to the Purse Forum! :smile: I believe this PS1 Medium is authentic, but I can't remember off the top of my head when it was made, so wait for @Elliespurse to comment - she has been acquainted with Proenza Schouler for much longer than I have.

Hi everyone, im so new to all this designer stuffs especially, Proenza Schouler. So i’ve been eyeing this beautiful bag from a a consigment and I really need you guys to help authenticate this for me thank you so much

View attachment 5724506

View attachment 5724507

View attachment 5724508

View attachment 5724509

View attachment 5724510

View attachment 5724511

View attachment 5724512
Hi, I agree it's authentic.
It's the Fall/Winter 2013 PS1 Tweed, see the ref.thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...and-slg-reference-thread.673222/post-24925417

Reactions: IntheOcean
Thank you both so much! Thanks to you I managed to snag my first PS bag at a steal :heart:

Would you happen to know the year it was released and colour?
Sorry, no. The color Smoke was one of the permanent colors. I think this bag was made somewhere between 2014-2018, like Ellie said. It's a beautiful neutral color, a bit of a chameleon, and the gold hardware looks lovely against it. The new PS1 in a similar color, Light Taupe, comes with silver hardware, which doesn't look quite as nice and the old gold hardware, IMO.

Hi! Would it be possible to authenticate this bag with these limited photos? I am interested in it and it would be my first PS, but I know TRR has its issues. Thank you!

Hi! Would it be possible to authenticate this bag with these limited photos? I am interested in it and it would be my first PS, but I know TRR has its issues. Thank you!

Hi :smile: Without all the proper photos, the best I can offer is, it's probably OK :smile: However, bear in mind that this bag is at least 10 years old, TRR stated its condition as 'Good' (which doesn't amount to much in their speak) and, frankly, I bit overpriced. IMO. For instance, they have this Limited Edition Pouch with wood details for half the price: https://www.therealreal.com/product...s/proenza-schouler-leather-shoulder-bag-g4kbb

Reactions: CPSE
Hi :smile: Without all the proper photos, the best I can offer is, it's probably OK :smile: However, bear in mind that this bag is at least 10 years old, TRR stated its condition as 'Good' (which doesn't amount to much in their speak) and, frankly, I bit overpriced. IMO. For instance, they have this Limited Edition Pouch with wood details for half the price: https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/handbags/shoulder-bags/proenza-schouler-leather-shoulder-bag-g4kb
Hi :smile: Without all the proper photos, the best I can offer is, it's probably OK :smile: However, bear in mind that this bag is at least 10 years old, TRR stated its condition as 'Good' (which doesn't amount to much in their speak) and, frankly, I bit overpriced. IMO. For instance, they have this Limited Edition Pouch with wood details for half the price: https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/handbags/shoulder-bags/proenza-schouler-leather-shoulder-bag-g4kb
Thank you so much for your thoughts and advice! I was going to keep an eye on it to see if it lowers in price, but I also love that wood detail one! What year is this limited edition pouch from? Is the original one I asked about from 2011ish?

Thank you so much for your thoughts and advice! I was going to keep an eye on it to see if it lowers in price, but I also love that wood detail one! What year is this limited edition pouch from? Is the original one I asked about from 2011ish?
I think the first Pouch you posted here is from 2011, yes. Bags from 2012 had slightly different strap hardware, and in 2013 there was a redesign. It seems to be in good condition, though.

But I can't remember when the wood one came out, sorry. But no later than Spring Summer 2013. Wait for @Elliespurse to comment, she'll know the season.

^The Double-Sided leather PS1 came out for spring 2013 and fall 2013 but released to stores 2012 https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...and-slg-reference-thread.673222/post-23318193
I think the first Pouch you posted here is from 2011, yes. Bags from 2012 had slightly different strap hardware, and in 2013 there was a redesign. It seems to be in good condition, though.

But I can't remember when the wood one came out, sorry. But no later than Spring Summer 2013. Wait for @Elliespurse to comment, she'll know the season.
Thank you to you both for this info! Now to make some decisions here :smile:

Reactions: IntheOcean