Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady

Like a lot of people, Brady's job was his whole identity (well, and being married to the world's most famous supermodel). Without the job, some people feel they lose their whole identity and that they don't matter anymore.

Unlike mere mortals, you'd think Brady is so rich and has abundant opportunities that "retiring" from playing wouldn't be that big a deal. He's old for the game, one massive tackle and he'd be in terrible shape regardless of his good health. But his identity is wrapped up in football. Supposedly it cost him his marriage (though it could have been for other reasons, who knows). He can still make a fortune in broadcasting and other endeavors. It is time for him to hang it up. Again...

As I recall he has a contract lined up with Fox Sports that’s worth many millions, much more than most other commentators. He’ll still be involved in football and still be pulling in the big bucks. The guy was born with a golden horseshoe up his butt.
Maybe he will prove me wrong, he’s obviously a very hard worker, but I just don’t think he is suited for that job, you need someone fun and energetic, he is way too careful with his words.

Maybe he will prove me wrong, he’s obviously a very hard worker, but I just don’t think he is suited for that job, you need someone fun and energetic, he is way too careful with his words.
Networks always sign on retired popular players for a few years. He might be awkward until he figures out what he’s doing. I’m not a fan but he is knowledgeable and can speak with authority from a player’s perspective better than many others.

Reactions: Luvbolide