Favorite Chanel YouTubers?

The best YouTubers are the ones who aren’t desperate to be an influencer. The ones who are decked out in luxury brands but pimping cheap jewelry and poorly cut silk shirts are also ridiculous. I like the collectors who aren’t posting on a two videos a week, or even daily!, schedule. There’s no joy in watching someone in over their heads financially trying so hard to unbox more and more to keep up. Same goes for the ones desperate for content ideas, like “oh! I’ll review cheap brands when everyone knows I prefer my Birkin.” The catwalk person embodies this desperation. I watched a few of her Chanel vids in the beginning and was immediately disgusted in how she man-handled a bag for a video and then returned that same bag to Chanel. You don’t need to touch all over a bag and stretch out the flaps to “review” the interior if you’re going to return it. Don’t put it on your channel if you’re going to return. Just return it and buy something else without showing us the bag’s guts for Pete’s sake. All bags today have quality control issues. Big deal. Just pick another classic black flap, they’re not scarce.

I do like the ones who provide fun commentary on luxury like Haya Glamazon. I also like smaller YouTubers like Asian fashionista when they have a piece I’m after, because I trust their reviews. Black and gold style too. Definitely trust her reviews, though her style is different from mine. Cassie Thorpe is simply adorable and would be an influencer whether she tried or not. She’s not my style, but her vibe is good….for now anyway. They all change when they hit a certain number.

The best YouTubers are the ones who aren’t desperate to be an influencer. The ones who are decked out in luxury brands but pimping cheap jewelry and poorly cut silk shirts are also ridiculous. I like the collectors who aren’t posting on a two videos a week, or even daily!, schedule. There’s no joy in watching someone in over their heads financially trying so hard to unbox more and more to keep up. Same goes for the ones desperate for content ideas, like “oh! I’ll review cheap brands when everyone knows I prefer my Birkin.” The catwalk person embodies this desperation. I watched a few of her Chanel vids in the beginning and was immediately disgusted in how she man-handled a bag for a video and then returned that same bag to Chanel. You don’t need to touch all over a bag and stretch out the flaps to “review” the interior if you’re going to return it. Don’t put it on your channel if you’re going to return. Just return it and buy something else without showing us the bag’s guts for Pete’s sake. All bags today have quality control issues. Big deal. Just pick another classic black flap, they’re not scarce.

I do like the ones who provide fun commentary on luxury like Haya Glamazon. I also like smaller YouTubers like Asian fashionista when they have a piece I’m after, because I trust their reviews. Black and gold style too. Definitely trust her reviews, though her style is different from mine. Cassie Thorpe is simply adorable and would be an influencer whether she tried or not. She’s not my style, but her vibe is good….for now anyway. They all change when they hit a certain number.
True, when they hit a certain number. Then their greed kicks in.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLO1 and ctimec
They also badmouth the luxury brand and promote the cheaper alternative brand which they have a deal with. Get their commission, then buy the luxury brand for themselves.
Haha, good point!

Only new viewers fall into their traps. Before long, you’d see a common pattern.

Years ago, vloggers had a higher credibility rating than celebrities in promoting brands because they were found to be more “authentic”, and cheaper, too. It’s still cheaper nowadays to tap them but i really hope they would disappear.

Reactions: ctimec and bender
Why is Hermes treated like the GOAT of all luxury?
Old money equestrian aesthetic. Hermes truly repairs its bags, and nowadays that’s a luxury. You have to like that aesthetic, though, and most of the YouTubers are into the status over the aesthetic. Nobody’s on a Chanel journey. But the luxe tubers are almost all on an H journey. It’s like a video game, gotta buy H blankets and gimcracks to get to the next level of being offered a Picotin. :lol:

I agree! Sick of these YouTubers who are just posting a ridiculous amount of unboxings.

I recently ran across a small YouTube account from ElleJade - i absolutely love her videos! Her videos are ASMR worthy! Her voice is so calm and soothing and she shows the bags she curates but you can tell how much she loves them! It’s not about her but the bags. She shows details of the bags (sizing/measurements) and the history/knowledge behind the product - her explanation of the history behind the love bracelet was pretty cool.

Sometimes you just want to enjoy a good unboxing video and hers is simple and enjoyable. She doesn’t post much but when she does it’s a treat!

Old money equestrian aesthetic. Hermes truly repairs its bags, and nowadays that’s a luxury. You have to like that aesthetic, though, and most of the YouTubers are into the status over the aesthetic. Nobody’s on a Chanel journey. But the luxe tubers are almost all on an H journey. It’s like a video game, gotta buy H blankets and gimcracks to get to the next level of being offered a Picotin. :lol:

I think we should start calling the Hermes "journey" Hermes "side quests" instead.

Lol I see. I prefer Chanel to Hermes so I’m so surprised when it’s lauded as the greatest of all luxury.

Why is Hermes treated like the GOAT of all luxury?
I disagree that it simply comes down to aesthetic because there are plenty of other luxury brands with the same aesthetic without all the hype. I think that first and foremost it comes down to the quality. Maybe it can be argued but I think it's factual to say that Hermes has better and more consistent quality of materials than say, LV or Chanel. For example, their bags' gold hardware is plated with real gold. That's not something that LV does, and Chanel no longer does it. If you've purchased leather bags from both C and H, there's a significant difference in the way the leather looks, feels, and even smells.

Other factors that I think play a major part are:
1.) Age of the brand -- generally, the most popular luxury brands have been around for quite some time
2.) Public figures the brand has been associated with, especially it its early days, as well as the stories behind their classic pieces
3.) Marketing -- whether we like their marketing strategy or not, Hermes knows how to get people in the door and spend money. But their quality makes it hard to complain lol