Sac à Dépêches

I love black so much and to be honest I almost purchased the black one but then I told myself I should try a different color since most of my bags are black lol I was surprised when I got the bag that their is a pocket in the back! I do wish it was a tad bigger to fit my phone. It does sorta fit without a case on but I’m nervous about stretching the bag out too much. I always like having an outside pocket for easy phone access.

I love black so much and to be honest I almost purchased the black one but then I told myself I should try a different color since most of my bags are black lol I was surprised when I got the bag that their is a pocket in the back! I do wish it was a tad bigger to fit my phone. It does sorta fit without a case on but I’m nervous about stretching the bag out too much. I always like having an outside pocket for easy phone access.
Yours is very beautiful. I would love to have it in Faubourg Barenia as well but I could only have one and it had to be black because it suits everything. I can’t wait for spring to come so I can wear my Barenia watch strap. My next challenge is finding a matching black Togo lacquered clasp sac a depeches 37 or 38 for briefcase use!

Reactions: Emilio5
Thank you very much! We need to chat about this because it’s what I’m now obsessed with acquiring. Togo or Epsom? Discuss. Size: which sac a depeches will fit comfortably, preferably in its orange box, inside a Rimowa Original Cabin Twist suitcase? A 37, 38? 41?

I went with the epsom because I didn't want to worry about damaging it easily when I travel or for daily use.
I like to the simplistic nature of the 37 because I can carry it from the bottom like a portfolio or clutch sometimes.
I dont know if it would fit in a my Rimowa carry on (I have a Classic Cabin) because I always carry it in hand as my "carry on bag".

Reactions: hermesafficionado
Hi everyone! This is my first Hermes bag, a sac a depeches 21 in Barenia Faubourg in Fauve. I can’t stop staring at it. I absolutely love it. Just to take into consideration if you’re planning on purchasing - I haven’t used the bag much yet but have noticed the clasp already damaging the leather when opened. It’s no big deal as when doing research I noticed many had this. Hopefully it doesn’t damage it too much and just gives it some character.

View attachment 5726757

View attachment 5726758

View attachment 5726759
Beautiful! Congrats! Any mod shots?

Sharing some mod shots of my Sac a depeches 21 (SAD21) in Barenia Faubourg (BF).

I find the size of the SAD21 perfect - it fits my iphone 13, card holder, car keys and some tissue packs. It is also a uni-sex bag imo. Moreover, the hands free option is convenient for running day-to-day errands/shopping. It is under-the-radar and so very ideal for travels too. To top it off, I love it that this bag is in BF - it truly is a workhorse leather, smells heavenly, patinas nicely, and most importantly, goes under the rain (with no stains/marks whatsoever after - water just dries off it due to its high oil content. First hand experience).

Overall, the fuss free design and superb leather just makes this bag so easy to use and practical (you know, the grab and go everyday-use kind). Only downside is the opening, which operates by a kind of clasp, so it may potentially be inconvenient to open and close the bag to retrieve items used frequently (e.g. credit card). However, the presence of a back pocket potentially negates this since i would usually place my credit card etc. there.

1677468908984.png1677468927880.png

Sharing some mod shots of my Sac a depeches 21 (SAD21) in Barenia Faubourg (BF).

I find the size of the SAD21 perfect - it fits my iphone 13, card holder, car keys and some tissue packs. It is also a uni-sex bag imo. Moreover, the hands free option is convenient for running day-to-day errands/shopping. It is under-the-radar and so very ideal for travels too. To top it off, I love it that this bag is in BF - it truly is a workhorse leather, smells heavenly, patinas nicely, and most importantly, goes under the rain (with no stains/marks whatsoever after - water just dries off it due to its high oil content. First hand experience).

Overall, the fuss free design and superb leather just makes this bag so easy to use and practical (you know, the grab and go everyday-use kind). Only downside is the opening, which operates by a kind of clasp, so it may potentially be inconvenient to open and close the bag to retrieve items used frequently (e.g. credit card). However, the presence of a back pocket potentially negates this since i would usually place my credit card etc. there.

View attachment 5727346View attachment 5727347
Beautiful!!

Big decision to make: should I buy a new sac a depeches light 1-37 or a Kelly depeches 36 briefcase? Interested not only on the beauty of the design and practicality of the purchase but also as an investment. Thoughts please! View attachment 5728921View attachment 5728922
My understanding is that with these bags, you won't be able to recover your original purchase price at resale. But they're really handsome bags though!