Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Here’s my cute Rosalie Coin Purse with new gold stud closure. I purchased this original with pink leather stud in 2021. I asked LV to repair it last December and they said it will take at least 8 months!! But luckily it took only 2 months and it’s free!
I am so happy with this result :smile:

Attachments

• 13F43ECC-92E6-4AD5-BAB0-1A838F86155E.jpeg
    13F43ECC-92E6-4AD5-BAB0-1A838F86155E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
Here’s my cute Rosalie Coin Purse with new gold stud closure. I purchased this original with pink leather stud in 2021. I asked LV to repair it last December and they said it will take at least 8 months!! But luckily it took only 2 months and it’s free!
I am so happy with this result :smile:
It looks great, congrats! I have the same Rosalie coin purse with the pink leather button-- is it a known issue that they will replace it with the gold button for free? Mine has only been used once so there is no damage yet to the leather button but I heard it's only a matter of time. Last time I asked a CA, she said there was a small fee to replace it.

Reactions: grandpiano
It looks great, congrats! I have the same Rosalie coin purse with the pink leather button-- is it a known issue that they will replace it with the gold button for free? Mine has only been used once so there is no damage yet to the leather button but I heard it's only a matter of time. Last time I asked a CA, she said there was a small fee to replace it.

Mine has started to peel a little bit though I used it very carefully.
That’s why I went to LV to fix it.
SA asked me “which button do you want, a leather or a gold?” so I picked the gold one.
In my experience, the leather stud will peel soon or later. Hope you can replace it by no cost.

D8C6F95C-9598-4D60-A55B-35C162D37E5B.jpeg

Reactions: Sassy
Mine has started to peel a little bit though I used it very carefully.
That’s why I went to LV to fix it.
SA asked me “which button do you want, a leather or a gold?” so I picked the gold one.
In my experience, the leather stud will peel soon or later. Hope you can replace it by no cost.

View attachment 5726862
Thanks for your response! I do like the look of the leather button better but I heard about the eventual peeling also so gold button is much more practical.

Reactions: grandpiano
Hi everybody. I'm writing from Italy and this is my first message even if I've been lurking for 14 years.

I have just ruined the handle of my Pochette Metis with one of the baby wipes (Huggies) that many youtubers advise for maintaining the vacchetta clean. Mine is now dark and stained

Anybody has any idea how much LV charges for a replacement?

Thank you for your help.

I have just ruined the handle of my Pochette Metis with one of the baby wipes (Huggies) that many youtubers advise for maintaining the vacchetta clean. Mine is now dark and stained
That doesn't sound good :sad: do you have a pic?
I've never had any issues with baby wipes yet. They even could remove water stains from VVN for me. I only use the 99% everything free versions. But I guess those Huggies were the same :sad:

That doesn't sound good :sad: do you have a pic?
I've never had any issues with baby wipes yet. They even could remove water stains from VVN for me. I only use the 99% everything free versions. But I guess those Huggies were the same :sad:
I used the 99% pure Huggies that everyone is happy about
My handle was like new, with a very light even patina. I've had it for a while but I used it only 5 times gently. In the picture it doesn't look as bad as it actually is. I like my bags to be in pristine condition and now I don't really like the way it turned out. It's so much darker that the other vacchetta parts and not even at all.
I called LV customer service but they told me I should bring the bag to the nearest boutique. Unfortunately I won't be able to go before next week.
I don't know if I'm crazy to have it replaced. I wonder how much they charge for the handle.

417D5F48-554A-4A73-A9B8-402186CFF152.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: BagAddiction712
My handle was like new, with a very light even patina. I've had it for a while but I used it only 5 times gently. In the picture it doesn't look as bad as it actually is. I like my bags to be in pristine condition and now I don't really like the way it turned out. It's so much darker that the other vacchetta parts and not even at all.
I called LV customer service but they told me I should bring the bag to the nearest boutique. Unfortunately I won't be able to go before next week.
I don't know if I'm crazy to have it replaced. I wonder how much they charge for the handle.

View attachment 5750878
WOW.
The funny thing is that mine looks exactly the same right after wiping down. I have a Noé with a VVN bottom, that is a LOT of vachetta, and I wipe it thoroughly. It always looks like this at first, but then 10-15 min later it is back to normal and perfectly clean.
Wondering why yours behave differently. I am so sorry about this :sad:
Was this the first time you tried?

WOW.
The funny thing is that mine looks exactly the same right after wiping down. I have a Noé with a VVN bottom, that is a LOT of vachetta, and I wipe it thoroughly. It always looks like this at first, but then 10-15 min later it is back to normal and perfectly clean.
Wondering why yours behave differently. I am so sorry about this :sad:
Was this the first time you tried?
Yes, the first time ever.
People say not to freak out as it looks like this until it's dry but I did it yesterday and it's not going to improve. In real life it's even worse than in the picture. The dark stripe on the edge of the handle is really evident. What breaks my heart is that the bag was almost new and perfect.

Yes, the first time ever.
People say not to freak out as it looks like this until it's dry but I did it yesterday and it's not going to improve. In real life it's even worse than in the picture. The dark stripe on the edge of the handle is really evident. What breaks my heart is that the bag was almost new and perfect.
Yes, it should be back to normal in less than an hour. This is surreal. And I doubt that the Huggies could have been that damp. Even if you'd live in a tropical area with 100% constant humidity. Even then it would be so weird not to dry at all :sad:
Not to mention that getting that handle off is quite tricky, the whole flap needs to be disassembled for that, not as easy as putting a new one on a Speedy or a Neverfull.

Yes, it should be back to normal in less than an hour. This is surreal. And I doubt that the Huggies could have been that damp. Even if you'd live in a tropical area with 100% constant humidity. Even then it would be so weird not to dry at all :sad:
Not to mention that getting that handle off is quite tricky, the whole flap needs to be disassembled for that, not as easy as putting a new one on a Speedy or a Neverfull.
Actually the Huggies were quite damp I must say, but before use I padded the wipe on a paper towel.
I didn't think about the difficulties linked to the construction of the bag. You are right. It may not be repairable then. I feel like crying

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BULL

View attachment 5750878
I'd recommend getting some collonil leather conditioner. This is my favorite brand and I have used it for years. Mulberry sold it in Europe when I lived there. I think if you use a microfiber cloth and condition the leather it will look a lot better. It looks dry to me but maybe I'm missing something from the photos.

I'd recommend getting some collonil leather conditioner. This is my favorite brand and I have used it for years. Mulberry sold it in Europe when I lived there. I think if you use a microfiber cloth and condition the leather it will look a lot better. It looks dry to me but maybe I'm missing something from the photos.
Thank you for your advise. It’s actually not particularly dry but it’s dark and uneven.
My only concern using a conditioner is to make it even darker
I have all these Collonil products, do you think one of these can help without darkening the handle?

8F6C1719-DC98-4374-B792-92265181980C.jpeg

I agree, I also think it looks dry, but also permanently stained.
I am not sure the conditioner will do much for the staining. Maybe a leather cleaner, but even then I think it will still have the dark color.

If OP really wants to restore the essence & look of the original vachetta, I'd recommend having it replaced...or buying new.