Sac à Dépêches

I loooooove it. Congrats ❤️ sorry to ask a beginner question but what is this line/bag style? As in can i simply ask my SA to find me one? Are they particularly rare (i know it is H so basically every bag is sought after…. But just asking because i hadn‘t heard about the bag befor) TIA for taking the time to reply

Reactions: hermesafficionado
I loooooove it. Congrats ❤️ sorry to ask a beginner question but what is this line/bag style? As in can i simply ask my SA to find me one? Are they particularly rare (i know it is H so basically every bag is sought after…. But just asking because i hadn‘t heard about the bag befor) TIA for taking the time to reply
Thank you! The sac à dépêches 21 is the smallest, newest (Fall 2022) version of the original 1928 sac à dépêches men’s briefcase, redesigned as a crossbody bag for men without a handle. It is in fact currently not easy to find, especially with a contrasting lacquered palladium clasp. The next size is the sac à dépêches 29, also as an crossbody bag, and as far as I know the next higher size iterations (37, 38 up to 41cm) are top handle only briefcases as the original. This is my first Hermès leather purchase, and I was very lucky to find an amazing SA who searched high and low for what I asked for. IMG_1290.jpegIMG_1291.jpegIMG_1293.jpegIMG_1292.jpeg

Thank you! The sac à dépêches 21 is the smallest, newest (Fall 2022) version of the original 1928 sac à dépêches men’s briefcase, redesigned as a crossbody bag for men without a handle. It is in fact currently not easy to find, especially with a contrasting lacquered palladium clasp. The next size is the sac à dépêches 29, also as an crossbody bag, and as far as I know the next higher size iterations (37, 38 up to 41cm) are top handle only briefcases as the original. This is my first Hermès leather purchase, and I was very lucky to find an amazing SA who searched high and low for what I asked for. View attachment 5725201View attachment 5725204View attachment 5725205View attachment 5725206

The celebrated Kelly bag’s original name was sac à dépêches until it adopted its current name from Grace Kelly who so famously wore it.

Thank you! The sac à dépêches 21 is the smallest, newest (Fall 2022) version of the original 1928 sac à dépêches men’s briefcase, redesigned as a crossbody bag for men without a handle. It is in fact currently not easy to find, especially with a contrasting lacquered palladium clasp. The next size is the sac à dépêches 29, also as an crossbody bag, and as far as I know the next higher size iterations (37, 38 up to 41cm) are top handle only briefcases as the original. This is my first Hermès leather purchase, and I was very lucky to find an amazing SA who searched high and low for what I asked for. View attachment 5725201View attachment 5725204View attachment 5725205View attachment 5725206
May I possibly know the price? :smile:

Reactions: Hermes Zen
Here is a new Hermès-themed thread I’d like to dedicate to the sac à dépêches category of bags. Let me begin by showing my first Hermès leather purchase, the sac a depeches 21 in Noir Togo leather with lacquered palladium hardware. I am hoping to obtain a briefcase in the sac a depeches category next! View attachment 5724770View attachment 5724772

Gorgeous! I love this line of bags. :heart: Thanks for starting this thread!

Reactions: hermesafficionado
Hi everyone! This is my first Hermes bag, a sac a depeches 21 in Barenia Faubourg in Fauve. I can’t stop staring at it. I absolutely love it. Just to take into consideration if you’re planning on purchasing - I haven’t used the bag much yet but have noticed the clasp already damaging the leather when opened. It’s no big deal as when doing research I noticed many had this. Hopefully it doesn’t damage it too much and just gives it some character.

81667AED-E95E-420D-A990-222B28CDE532.jpeg

39D100EC-B007-42CE-8F02-3F1A14FD7422.jpeg

DCB7B06C-C9C3-49C8-9293-468EA6ABB39D.jpeg

Hi everyone! This is my first Hermes bag, a sac a depeches 21 in Barenia Faubourg in Fauve. I can’t stop staring at it. I absolutely love it. Just to take into consideration if you’re planning on purchasing - I haven’t used the bag much yet but have noticed the clasp already damaging the leather when opened. It’s no big deal as when doing research I noticed many had this. Hopefully it doesn’t damage it too much and just gives it some character.

View attachment 5726757

View attachment 5726758

View attachment 5726759
Which part of the leather is it damaging?
Your bag looks beautiful!

View attachment 5726757

View attachment 5726758

View attachment 5726759
Congratulation. it’s beautiful! Mine is also my first Hermès leather purchase, in black Togo with a black lacquered clasp. Can you tell where exactly the clasp damages the leather? This has not happened to me but then Togo leather is probably more sturdy than Barenia (my watch strap is in Faubourg Barenia).

Reactions: Emilio5
Thank you! Your bag is absolutely gorgeous too! I love the black lacquered detail. And yes I’ve heard that barenia is one of the more delicate leathers. I do find it scratches fairly easily but rubbing my finger lightly on the scratch tends to hide it right away. I don’t think you’ll be able to notice much on the picture since the damage is still very light but I tried circling where the clasp when opened hits the leather.

ECA96DA6-2DA8-422F-AA65-458D9BB0C07C.jpeg

Thank you! Your bag is absolutely gorgeous too! I love the black lacquered detail. And yes I’ve heard that barenia is one of the more delicate leathers. I do find it scratches fairly easily but rubbing my finger lightly on the scratch tends to hide it right away. I don’t think you’ll be able to notice much on the picture since the damage is still very light but I tried circling where the clasp when opened hits the leather.

View attachment 5726772
Thank you! I see where the spot is and will look for it in mine. I love yours so much, especially with the contrasting bag charm! I am so glad this smallest of the sac a depeches bags are being appreciated. I am very curious to see how they will grow in value.

Reactions: Emilio5