What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

Amen! I am one who has NO social media (except this purseforum). Too funny!.Samantha on SATC was my "influencer" 20 years ago on wanting a Birkin.
RIGHT! At the time I couldn’t envision paying 4K for a bag so I kinda left it alone lol. Now I’m like “oh yea! I remember wanting that bag!”

Tpf has done way more damage than any influencer could ever lol

The first time I saw one IRL was at the boutique, when another customer was looking at one in a bright blue. I asked my SA about it and she was very dismissive...she clearly doesn't like the style: it is too architectural so hangs oddly on the body and the zipper is awkward.
I also don't understand the appeal of the Constance at all...a friend, in describing it recently, asked 'what's that bag with the giant H on it?' Exactly!
I love the Constance but you are not wrong! It was the only bag I even wanted from Hermes. But I'm a cross body girl. The "H" is loud and in your face. Kind of like me. Lol.

I wonder if SAs have a secret template called
‘Every influencer’s wishlist ever’ stored so they can pull it up during meetings.

It would go a little something like this:-
1. Clic clac bangle in neutrals or pink
2. Oran sandals in tan
3. Constance wallet in neutrals or pink
4. Oh better do homeware…. Um mosaique small plate?
5. Avalon blanket…. I actually want one of those.
6. Mini Evelyne in neutrals or pink
8. Umm some make up and perfume?
9. Can I have a quota bag in neutrals or pink now?
10. Hmph. I see. Alright…. Avalon cushion?

‘Every influencer’s wishlist ever’ stored so they can pull it up during meetings.

2. Oran sandals in tan
Why isnt crai or nata bags on here?

2. Oran sandals in tan
Oh I forgot
7 is a H belt for my boyfriend Hunter/Tanner/Archer
Why isnt crai or nata bags on here?
Aw Nata is nice- but it is very much the colour right now.

Im one that like the constance but NOT because of the big H which I can actually do without. I honestly don’t even think about the H when I carry it and surprisingly is less known than the b or k, at least where I am. I like it for the reasons that I don’t like the lindy lol - it lays flat against my body (I don’t need ANY help with protruding things in the hip area lol) and I prefer flap style bags (Chanel cf, 19 and ysl envelope rule my collection lol). I personally am ok with people wondering what it is. But the beauty in H is there’s lots of design for all and I can see why people don’t like the constance style(belts included), for sure.
Preach sister! Love a bag that lays flat against the body. I don't need anything else jutting out from my hips! Lol.

I can’t keep up with the ever changing policies and practices of my home store. I love my SA but the expectation is I won’t leave empty handed. The constant policy flip flopping on the ability to make product reservations, pre-buying and worldwide searches makes it hard to shop in store because there’s no guarantee I will find something in store I want.

I can’t keep up with the ever changing policies and practices of my home store. I love my SA but the expectation is I won’t leave empty handed. The constant policy flip flopping on the ability to make product reservations, pre-buying and worldwide searches makes it hard to shop in store because there’s no guarantee I will find something in store I want.
I hear you:heart:. My unpopular opinion is I don't feel any happier buying my H products in my store, as opposed to a reseller.
The truth is I haven't had much luck finding what I want in my home store, so recently I have had to go the reseller route. In my first year of shopping with H, when world wide searches were available, most of the stuff I purchased was transferred from other stores.
I am simply happy when I am able to buy what I want, even if I have to overpay for it. And I have become quite the expert at overpaying for H products:lol:.

I hear you:heart:. My unpopular opinion is I don't feel any happier buying my H products in my store, as opposed to a reseller.
The truth is I haven't had much luck finding what I want in my home store, so recently I have had to go the reseller route. In my first year of shopping with H, when world wide searches were available, most of the stuff I purchased was transferred from other stores.
I am simply happy when I am able to buy what I want, even if I have to overpay for it. And I have become quite the expert at overpaying for H products:lol:.
This!
I stopped going to my (not so) local boutique (2-3 hours away). Visiting the boutique in person has always been so useless for me. It's a small boutique and they never have anything available. I buy from the website or from resellers.

I am in agreement with you 150%...as a H collector I find it extremely frustrating and disheartening with all the protocols set up to purchase a Birkin...Kelly...etc. at my home store least alone at another H store while traveling home or abroad. When I want a new H bag & find it via a reputable seller I now purchase it, it surely beats the "Quota" spending waiting & disappointment at any H store! Geez I could be 90 or spend lots of $$$$$$$$ waiting for my Holy Grail H bag at their store!

This!
I stopped going to my (not so) local boutique (2-3 hours away). Visiting the boutique in person has always been so useless for me. It's a small boutique and they never have anything available. I buy from the website or from resellers.
I am in agreement with you 150%...as a H collector I find it extremely frustrating and disheartening with all the protocols set up to purchase a Birkin...Kelly...etc. at my home store least alone at another H store while traveling home or abroad. When I want a new H bag & find it via a reputable seller I now purchase it, it surely beats the "Quota" spending waiting & disappointment at any H store! Geez I could be 90 or spend lots of $$$$$$$$ waiting for my Holy Grail H bag at their store!
Well ladies glad to hear I'm not alone:heart:. I guess my unpopular opinion is popular :lol: :hugs:

I like the Bride-a-Brac as a little handbag!

... but I'm also someone who always uses makeup bags as clutches and loves The Row Ascot bag and this little suede Miu Miu bag that I have from 2005 that's a similar shape to the Bride-a-Brac (photo for reference since I got as a Christmas gift from my parents via Bluefly, it was my "gateway" into luxury goods and I don't even remember what the model name was). :love:

Reactions: sibsib