Scarves Just say 'no' to Brides de Gala - what reissues do we really want?

Brides de Gala is a signature scarf print for Hermes. It’s the most reissued design in scarves. It was designed in 1957.
Brides de Gala is a signature scarf print for Hermes. It’s the most reissued design in scarves. It was designed in 1957.
Hehe. I know that:smile: but that shouldn't be a reason for "massaging" it every seaseon:smile: nuff is nuff:smile:)))

Reactions: elaineiwhite
Lol, we should all get together and make a petition to Hermes to get reissues for: Samourais, Siestes, Animapolis, some Shirleys and Faivres, and yes, some vintage favourites too… scarfies unite!
I have four colorways of siestes au Paradis CSGM. I would love mouselline. . .
I recently bought my first twillane in an ex libris navy, black, beige, white. It’s the closest to a pocket square in navy black nd white that I would have loved as a CSGM. . .

ETA: having said that, I do like BdG in etoupe white Jersey

Last edited:
I just read this and wanted to say thanks for posting:smile:. I had no idea lol. My DH bought one for me a couple of years ago while away on a golf trip, from the San Francisco airport. I actually really love it, and love it even more knowing it's a signature design. Not that I would buy another one:lol:. But happy to have 1:heart:

I once saw a gentleman buy a Brides de Gala twill at Madison Avenue years ago. It was definitely as a gift. The salesperson was really pushing it, too. I would bet that is one reason it is reissued often, as it is purchases as gifts, both personal and corporate for folks who do not know or want to decide on current season designs.

I once saw a gentleman buy a Brides de Gala twill at Madison Avenue years ago. It was definitely as a gift. The salesperson was really pushing it, too. I would bet that is one reason it is reissued often, as it is purchases as gifts, both personal and corporate for folks who do not know or want to decide on current season designs.
That's too funny. My DH doesn't know anything about H, so when he walked into the boutique asking to buy a gift for me, that is the one the SA recommended and he bought it no questions asked:smile:

• Haha
Reactions: carlinha
There you go, there are at least two spouses we know of who bought it as gifts!
I can see that. The salesperson can say "this scarf has been produced since 1957 and is a classic of the house" and it's a safe gift purchase.

Back on topic, I'm excited by the Alternateur re-issue, though not a huge fan of the colorways.

I'd love to see Echecs updated, something new by Kwumi Sefedin, maybe another Musique, another Pégase, something angular in sails like Tuiga/Vent Portant, and a restart of the Chinese Zodiac 45s. But I am aware that my tastes are not enough to sustain a commercial operation. :P