Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two beautiful looks, but I love the colors of LB. :love:

This is stunning Croisette! Just fabulous! :love:
Thank you so much, Cookie!
So swoon-worthy in the GM format too! And the CdC bracelet is also on theme (and fabulous!). Amazing outfit @Croisette7
Thank you Snausages!
Today Jardin Sintra!
Ducks or geese - my mother had a pet duck named Petey, he used to ride in her bicycle basket.
View attachment 5700599
Turtle - my youngest has a turtle… named Turtle - he even has his own Insta :lol: @turttle.burger
View attachment 5700600
Rat/Rodent (but not a RoUS) - my nephew has a rat, it’s a very smart animal… and the closest thing I could find to a hamster or Guinea pig.
View attachment 5700601
Birds - in memory of my parakeets ❤️
View attachment 5700602
SOTD
View attachment 5700603
Oh and gratuitous Coco photo - sleeping in ‘her’ chair ❤️
View attachment 5700606
Twins ... I have never recognized these little details ... love relaxed Coco.

Colliers de Chien is such a wonderful design! I love it in this subdued CW! And, those Mardi Gras pups and their festive collars are just precious… Safe travels!

OMG Rushie is a doll! And, very clever sleuthing on the scarf

Love this CW of TT, but love your fur baby even more… and he found the perfect nest in that H box!

Ohmyheavens! Precious Coco looking so stylish!

It is such a magnificent, versatile design and this is a gorgeous Cw! Happy to be twins

Exquisite silks and what a cute pic of dear Table!

Awwww… So happy to see him all perky and recovering well

Beautiful examples… LOVE your Shackelton!

Both are such special silks and so beautifully styled

Magnificent!

Well, you have almost all the possible pet species covered IRL! This is such an unusual CW of Dame du Coeur… I love it!

Yes, the Bassets was very hard to find I think most everywhere! Yours are gorgeous! Great examples, and your Kluska is perfection posing just like the original Kluska!

Such a pretty CW! And, I rever tire of seeing Covo

Ohmigosh this is the cutest picture! And what a great pop of color from that scarf!

Your Ispahan is so precious! And, great scarf sleuthing!
Thank you twin!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Joining in on the Kluska parade with my Cosmographia and Animapolis… You can see the darling pup in both of these knots
3625569F-371E-4F70-8748-D9BFFBE1823F.jpeg
A50A5C62-8D21-41A7-89BD-C3DBF2A2E2B7.jpeg

One of the whimsical cards on Dame du Coeur a Vous l’Honneur pictures a dog and to the card’s left, we see a bunny
9CD1BCFB-97D2-4059-BF68-D22FDCDEADD9.jpeg
6ACF1C0A-7256-4D7E-A489-27B4A6390F8E.jpeg

Plato and his dog strolling through the gardens on Le Promenade du Platon
712D3E15-AA0C-4353-AC5C-7979409E5B43.jpeg
14F3CE99-CAD3-409C-9DDC-77F1F3271DEC.jpeg

That cute little doggie on Prieres au Vent
B520F3F4-C160-4307-A312-17810A818D28.jpeg
78EC8312-7E7D-47FE-A1D3-3ABB23ACC51E.jpeg

Another KO beautiful dog on Les Cheyennes
A2FE693C-68F4-40C6-AC64-9D71E735F8D5.jpeg
364F4008-E4DE-43BC-A389-EEDA01AA9114.jpeg

A leaping dog on L’Epopee d’Hermès
055D71DD-9472-4F9B-9704-481E21079C3D.jpeg
448EDCA4-DD5B-406A-9F2F-6D1B67C4F0CB.jpeg

Today - January 25 - Scotland celebrates Burns Day in honor of Scotland's beloved national poet, Robert Burns, author of Auld Lang Syne and ... a few fairly ribald poems (Nine Inch Please a Lady comes to mind). Burns Day culminates in the Burns Supper in which a haggis is brought in on a platter to the sounds of bagpipes then ceremonially sliced open. There's a special tune just for the event. Neeps and tatties on deck, lots of Scotch, and then recitations of Burns' poems to the wee hours. We're hosting one of these Burns Suppers tonight. My SOTD is new to me Fleurs D'Ecosse (found in great condition and for a steal!) in glorious, happy colors. It has 2 furry friends in the form of unicorns - the official national animal of Scotland.

FleursD'Ecosse.JPG

FleursD'Ecosse-Flat.JPG

I adore Toucans so when Hermes released Toucans de Paradis a few years ago, it was a no-brainer for me:

IMG_3717.JPG IMG_3728.JPGIMG_3730.JPG

These beautiful exotic birds should not be kept as pets. I am however low-key obsessed with this instagram of a guy who rescues toucans who have been bred in captivity/kept in poor conditions and cannot survive in the wild, and gives them a loving home: https://www.instagram.com/2can.tv/

Last edited:
Squeeeeee! He looks like a happy drunk and who can resist a good frosty face. I'm assuming his hoodie is in lieu of the dreaded Cone of Shame but even if so he's quite stylish. And do I spy a pillow on his bed in addition to his stuffy?! All pooches should be so pampered!
YES! Doesn’t he just!

Yes, the hoodie is in lieu of a cone of shame ;) His incision (on the neck) is in a difficult place for a cone, inflatable, or similar. He looks a little like Frankenstein! Added to which, he has a 32 inch neck, so all the usual options are out. One of his dad’s hoodies was the best option, and I still had to enlarge the openings to get it to accommodate his big head :lol:

And yes, good eye, he has a pillow (and duvet) on each of his beds. :girlsigh: . For all he is a giant, he is a total comfort-puppy who huffs and gives me eye rolls if his bed is not made when he wants to get in it. When he was a little younger and had to make do with one bed (quelle horreur) he would take his duvet with him if he fancied a nap in another room. He sleeps a lot in his old age, so we have a bed for him in the areas where we spend the most time, so he can choose to be near, if he pleases.

Yes, he’s completely spoiled, though I would argue we’re the lucky ones.

Last edited:
Awwwwww! He’s so sweeeeeeet! :love:

I hope your boy is doing better! :heart:)

Awwww… So happy to see him all perky and recovering well
Thank you so much. He’s eating a little, and had a brief play with one of his stuffies, so hopefully he’s on the mend…

Lellabelle,

Ike enjoys all of life! Our first two dogs were Airedale Terriers, and the Welsh is much like a "small" Airedale, i.e., about 23 lbs rather than 65-75 lbs. His breed is rare here in Texas, where Labs and Golden Retrievers are most common. We first fell in love with the "Welshie" breed when we saw one during a vacay in Carmel, Calif.
”Ike enjoys all of life!“: I love it! I grew up there, and I think I've only ever seen one Welsh terrier outside of Wales. Glad to see him representing in Texas!

And "my" Kluska wearing Animapolis (he is my parents' dog, but both he and I think he is actually my dog :lol::heart: )
1674663336088.png
haha, that’s perfect! Very stylish.:yw: (The site has this coded as “you’re welcome” but it works as a hat tip, too!

B00BA15C-DCAE-4483-9039-D647E77E3A93.jpeg
Gratuitously (and graciously) accepted!

My Ispahan is doing pretty well too with Voyage en étoffes.
IMG_20221218_144225.jpg
What a beautiful name, for a beautiful feline! Was it inspired by the place, the rose, the pastry, the perfume, or something else? All have evocative connotations ;)

You are brave, or Ispahan is patient! If I had tried this with any of the Siamese or Bengal cats I have owned over the years, I would be left with nothing but silk confetti and a knowing smile… :whistle:

I love/hate that we have similar tastes in scarves because your mod shots are quite the enablement @LKBNOLA
Haha, I think there‘s quite a few of us sharing that boat ;)

Thank you!! It is actually the 90 that I tied on my dog. Though, I do believe that they made maxi twillys for Animapolis. :love: I would love one of those!
I think so. There were regular sized twillies too. There’s a pink MT that shows up from time-to-time on fashionphile.

You always look so beautiful in burgundy Cookie.
You are such sweetheart! :hugs:
View attachment 5700731
I really enjoy meeting your cats and dogs modeling your scarves. My Ispahan is doing pretty well too with Voyage en étoffes. View attachment 5700735
This week makes me look on details and I made some nice discoveries. Thanks !
Cerbère is quite nice when depicted this wayView attachment 5700733
❤️❤️❤️
I believe Ispahan looks quite smug … he knows who’s the boss!
Coco is always welcome! Love the Jardin - I'm always amazed at the details that are so often hidden in the symphony of the design. Fantastic colors too!
That’s why we need these themes, we get to know our scarves so well!
Thank you so much, Cookie!

Thank you Snausages!

Twins ... I have never recognized these little details ... love relaxed Coco.
❤️❤️❤️
Joining in on the Kluska parade with my Cosmographia and Animapolis… You can see the darling pup in both of these knots
View attachment 5700780
View attachment 5700784

One of the whimsical cards on Dame du Coeur a Vous l’Honneur pictures a dog and to the card’s left, we see a bunny
View attachment 5700778
View attachment 5700777

View attachment 5700781
View attachment 5700779

View attachment 5700782
View attachment 5700783

View attachment 5700786
View attachment 5700785

View attachment 5700788
View attachment 5700787
Beautiful! And thank you for the heads up on Le Promenade du Platon - I need to wear it!
Today - January 25 - Scotland celebrates Burns Day in honor of Scotland's beloved national poet, Robert Burns, author of Auld Lang Syne and ... a few fairly ribald poems (Nine Inch Please a Lady comes to mind). Burns Day culminates in the Burns Supper in which a haggis is brought in on a platter to the sounds of bagpipes then ceremonially sliced open. There's a special tune just for the event. Neeps and tatties on deck, lots of Scotch, and then recitations of Burns' poems to the wee hours. We're hosting one of these Burns Suppers tonight. My SOTD is new to me Fleurs D'Ecosse (found in great condition and for a steal!) in glorious, happy colors. It has 2 furry friends in the form of unicorns - the official national animal of Scotland.

View attachment 5700803

View attachment 5700804
This is so lovely! Happy Burns Day - please share you dinner plans with us - are you having haggis?
I adore Toucans so when Hermes released Toucans de Paradis a few years ago, it was a no-brainer for me:

View attachment 5700860 View attachment 5700858View attachment 5700881

These beautiful exotic birds should not be kept as pets. I am however low-key obsessed with this instagram of a guy who rescues toucans who have been bred in captivity/kept in poor conditions and cannot survive in the wild, and gives them a loving home: https://www.instagram.com/2can.tv/
It’s a beautiful scarf, it’s so wonderful when we have scarves that speak to us. ❤️
Thank you for the link too - I’m going to check him out!

This past week's been crazy and I haven't had any time at all to look for bunnies...so kitties will have to do.

Many cute pictures with Pickles and Snickers from this past week that make them look like angels...but in reality Pickles pulled some yarn off one of my looms last night and chewed on it. Now he is under observation (again) for intestinal blockages. Meanwhile, Snickers made yet another backyard escape and probably spent a good 2 hours out there running wild in the back yard while I was working on beads and didn't know. Then when I caught her and put her in, she ran back out the back door whereupon I engaged in pursuit, jumped for her before she could get out the patio door again, tripped and fell through the door myself, injuring my shoulder, toe and hip. It sucks to be old.... :cursing: So please keep this story in the back of your mind while you oooh- and -ahhh about them being little :angel: :lol: Because today it was certainly more like kitties trying to :death: me

Jaguar Quetzal

Jaguarpick1.jpg

Stamped Jungle Love

JLPick.jpg

JLSnick.jpg

Tyger Tyger too...

Tiger.jpg

Today Jardin Sintra!
Ducks or geese - my mother had a pet duck named Petey, he used to ride in her bicycle basket.
View attachment 5700599
Turtle - my youngest has a turtle… named Turtle - he even has his own Insta :lol: @turttle.burger
View attachment 5700600
Rat/Rodent (but not a RoUS) - my nephew has a rat, it’s a very smart animal… and the closest thing I could find to a hamster or Guinea pig.
View attachment 5700601
View attachment 5700602
SOTD
View attachment 5700603
View attachment 5700606
Those colors on your Sintra are exquisite! And Coco.... :love:

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend
A day late with the dog theme but wanted to share some of the dogs I have.

Les Bassets. This one was notorously difficult to get a hold off where I live. Probably would have bought more cws if I had found them. I hope they reissue "Monarch" and/or I find one in the pre-loved market. That one is a holy grail I'm still hunting for!
View attachment 5700571
View attachment 5700568

Exposition Universelle (again!). Had to feature Kluska in the corner.
View attachment 5700574

One of many Kluskas on Animapolis. If you want to find them all, please look at @Lellabelle s wonderful posts about the Kluskas in Animapolis (thank you @Lellabelle for the posts! I hope your boy is doing better! :heart:):

View attachment 5700570

And "my" Kluska wearing Animapolis (he is my parents' dog, but both he and I think he is actually my dog :lol::heart: )
View attachment 5700565
Omigoodness! I adore the pic of your sweet puppet wearing Animapolis!

Phew! Think I am all caught up, though it took me three posts! I am on the road today so apologies for posting two mod shots from last summer. Les Bassets (twins and sisters with many of you!) and Rendez-vous Chez Hermes, also by Carine Brancowitz of En Liberte! fame and featuring her Dalmatian (love his long-suffering look)! Twins with our Guest Scarfmistress, too.
View attachment 5700435
View attachment 5700436
View attachment 5700437

My new better-condition Folies du Ciel that just garnered a compliment from a young cashier. Bonus avian hairdresser ;)

View attachment 5700722
This scarf looks just delicious on you! And such fantastic shade of yellow - stunning on black!

Was able to wear this in Amsterdma!

View attachment 5699697
I always love a scarf on site, thanks for showing us. Great pink pop on your outfit.
I have fond memories of growing up with Scottish Terriers.
I've positioned a recently completed Scottie & Westie cross stitch fridge magnet alongside the cute dog on Les Boxes

View attachment 5699692

Huskies feature on Shackleton
View attachment 5699695

View attachment 5699696

also on LVdGN
View attachment 5699706

Les Cheyennes
View attachment 5699708
Oh my. Those Scottie’s are absolutely adorable :love: . And it is always a pleasure to see a Shackleton. These are all grails
A dog chasing a rabbit in Les Danses des Indiens
View attachment 5699861

Dogs, rabbits squirrels and other critters in Central Park
View attachment 5699863
View attachment 5699862

Another beautiful Kermit Oliver rabbit, and other wildlife,
in Faune et Flore du Texas
View attachment 5699868
View attachment 5699869

My favorite dog-themed scarf: En Liberté
View attachment 5699865
View attachment 5699864

The little pup in Promenades de Paris
View attachment 5699866
View attachment 5699867

All manner of delightful critters in Early America, including adorable dogs and kitty cats
View attachment 5699872
View attachment 5699870
View attachment 5699871
What a unique america color in the green. Wow. And I think america translates so well in csgm.
I was tempted to wear En Liberte today (twins with a lot of you)! Ended up wearing Sous L'Egide de Mars, I forgot it was based on Hercules' Twelve Labours and found Cerberus the three headed dog!

View attachment 5700049
View attachment 5700050

And this is my family's dog...Rushie! She lives with my mom because I can't bring her over to my flat. She's not quite as terrifying as Cerberus.

View attachment 5700059
I love those vignettes in this design. And a cutie
Ooooo my jaw always drops with this cw. Awesome on you. And another cutie :smile:
I am joining a happy En Liberte club. I’ve got the aubergine cw.View attachment 5700280View attachment 5700281View attachment 5700282
Beautiful! It is such a chameleon. Beautiful w both colors
It rained every day before and during the Lunar New Year. So today, I'm bundled up for warmth in Bajtlik's Les As du Volant. Kluska is somewhere in this demolition derby melee.
View attachment 5700215
My fave doggy scarf: Poiret's Pekinois. IRL I have never had a small dog. DH was partial to huskies.
View attachment 5700209
And the tale of Table. She appeared a few years ago, meowing every evening for food at the Opposite Neighbour's gate. One night, ON was out and she meowed at me when I happened to step out for my evening walk. I gave her a handful of kibble. After that, she would come to our gate for a 2nd round of dinner every night. I never let her through the gate because Neighbour's Cat was in residence and very territorial. They hissed at each other through the fence.

After my evening walk, I would deliberately pause outside the gate to cool down. We would pretend not to notice each other. I'd drop some kibble near my foot and she would suspiciously creep over. After some weeks, she would rub herself against my calf in greeting, but hiss if I tried to touch her. I would look down at her and she would be this rectangular block of fur on 4 stubby legs. Hence the name Table :biggrin: After Neighbour's Cat went over the rainbow bridge, Table moved in and is now best friends with DS1. Here she is, doing the glamcat pose.
View attachment 5700226
Amazing doggie scarf. They are so artistically gorg. And hello to another pet cutie
Welcome to Day 4 of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we're focusing on other furbabies (and scalebabies and featherbabies)*! There are more furbabies than just bunnies and cats and dogs. People have been known to keep other pets in the rodent family (mice, hamsters, gerbils, capybaras), scaley pets (lizards, snakes, fish) and of course fine feathered friends (parrots, anyone?).

Before being old enough to have a dog in the house, my sister and I practiced pet parenting with fish and gerbils. And, I had a friend with a boa constrictor - to this day I love snakes!

Did you know that penguins are covered with just about the most feathers of any bird? They look so rubbery but have 100 feathers per square inch! They’re very soft - yes, I’ve pet a penguin!

Penguins are in many scarves, including Shackleton, Into the Canadian Wild, and once again Sur Mon Nuage can play along!

View attachment 5700428View attachment 5700429View attachment 5700431View attachment 5700432View attachment 5700430

And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your other fur-/scale-/feather-babies! Bonus points for showing your real life animal friends!
(*Have no fear – any SOTD is on-theme!)
Yet another Awesome post :goodpost: . Never ever give up your pink Shackleton. And I wore my Canadian Today!
Phew! Think I am all caught up, though it took me three posts! I am on the road today so apologies for posting two mod shots from last summer. Les Bassets (twins and sisters with many of you!) and Rendez-vous Chez Hermes, also by Carine Brancowitz of En Liberte! fame and featuring her Dalmatian (love his long-suffering look)! Twins with our Guest Scarfmistress, too.
View attachment 5700435
View attachment 5700436
View attachment 5700437
The look on her Dalmatian is just what we love about art. The artist captured so much emotion in that face. Superb. And this blushy pink look might be one of my top favs for an easy going beautiful casual look. This cw is gorgeous.
My SOTD Early America CSGM

View attachment 5700526
Stunning in orange!
Among the critters our family has had over the years was a pet garter snake, represented here by the Ace of Diamonds on Dame de Coeur. Reptiles are diamonds on this scarf.

View attachment 5700555

We have also have kept tropical fish, here represented by the King of Spades, spades being various sea creatures on this scarf.

View attachment 5700553

Of course, there was also our dear pet parakeet, here represented by the Jack of Clubs, clubs being various birds.

View attachment 5700554
View attachment 5700561

Finally, we had small mammals, such as gerbils and mice. Hearts are the mammals and I found this rabbit hiding between the heart cards.

View attachment 5700551

My scarf of the day is Dame de Coeur a Vous L'Honneur. The small white flakes are more snow this morning.

View attachment 5700583
The detail in these cards, wow. Love how it looks on the green. And your pearls mimic the curve lines going down the front of the scarf. Love it.
I somehow am en Liberte-less despite my love of canines! These are such amazing scarves - the design and the colors make them all so versatile!
I am also somehow en liberte-less ;) . I absolutely love seeing that aubergine on everyone. I would have placed a large sum bet that it would be perfect on me. But when I tried on in the boutique it wasnt love ‘on’ me. Have you tried any cw on?
A day late with the dog theme but wanted to share some of the dogs I have.

Les Bassets. This one was notorously difficult to get a hold off where I live. Probably would have bought more cws if I had found them. I hope they reissue "Monarch" and/or I find one in the pre-loved market. That one is a holy grail I'm still hunting for!
View attachment 5700571
View attachment 5700568

Exposition Universelle (again!). Had to feature Kluska in the corner.
View attachment 5700574

One of many Kluskas on Animapolis. If you want to find them all, please look at @Lellabelle s wonderful posts about the Kluskas in Animapolis (thank you @Lellabelle for the posts! I hope your boy is doing better! :heart:):

View attachment 5700570

View attachment 5700565
Oh gosh! That head tilt and scarf hahah. Love it! And each of these is a spectacular design and color.
Today Jardin Sintra!
View attachment 5700599
View attachment 5700600
View attachment 5700601
View attachment 5700602
SOTD
View attachment 5700603
View attachment 5700606
Cookie I don’t remember if you have always had this sintra or if it is new, but I just love it on you! This unique color combo totally works on you. And more pet parade fun :smile:
My new better-condition Folies du Ciel that just garnered a compliment from a young cashier. Bonus avian hairdresser ;)

View attachment 5700722
Boy Bobby really gets all up in there by your neck and hair, hairdresser indeed hahaa. , love it.
View attachment 5700780
View attachment 5700784

View attachment 5700778
View attachment 5700777

View attachment 5700781
View attachment 5700779

View attachment 5700782
View attachment 5700783

View attachment 5700786
View attachment 5700785

View attachment 5700788
View attachment 5700787
I really love that gold/mustard/camel color on you fifi. It is a perfect backdrop for the blue and yellow cosmo. Similar color in epopee.

View attachment 5700803

View attachment 5700804
Twin!! Exciting! I got my scarfies confused when I wore my last week and called out lella but it was you with the Scottish history. Thanks so much for sharing this info on here. So special to have this scarf arrive for the day..and a steal no less :love: . Please tell me one of your guests gave you a compliment about it

View attachment 5700860 View attachment 5700858View attachment 5700881

I don’t see this colorway as much as some others. It is H magic with this combo. Stunning and perfect with black

and @Lellabelle thanks so much for the hidden answer key to Kluska. That was super creative and gave no idea how you accomplished it haha. and @Karenska we look forward to your contributions whenever life gives you a break. Sorry it’s so harried

And I am sure I missed recognizing a bunch of modeling posts. It’s hard to keep up on this fast moving thread ha. Gotta hop in somewhere when have the time to actually comment :love:

I have fond memories of growing up with Scottish Terriers.
I've positioned a recently completed Scottie & Westie cross stitch fridge magnet alongside the cute dog on Les Boxes

View attachment 5699692

Huskies feature on Shackleton
View attachment 5699695

View attachment 5699696

also on LVdGN
View attachment 5699706

Les Cheyennes
View attachment 5699708

I have been eyeing that charming red Les Boxes myself @orchard. My neighbor growing up had a matched pair of Scotties (just like the ads for Black and White) and my mother used to do counted cross-stitch so quite a sentimental post for me to read! Beautiful scarves and details...
We have (ta-dah!) a theme next month about handicraft!
Just the right time to show off your knitting/crot/pass-stitch/papier mache/etc or other handmade treasure (artisan jewellery!)
Sew Beautiful. Scarves which show handicraft. (With or without needles!)

Hi Everyone , after a very relaxing break in Bali, I am trying to catch up!! Today in Australia we are celebrating Australia Day . I am happy to join many of you who have Sur Mon Nuage. I particularly like this scarf, (after trying to resist it for so long).
I was on a mini break with DH and visited the store and this c/w just clicked with me. This scarf resonates with me and I'm sure, many others, due to the beautiful illustrations.
20230126_083823.jpg20230126_083748.jpg20230126_083720.jpg20230126_083716.jpg20230126_083543.jpg20230126_083527.jpg
I once had a pet sheep, husband is bald now, I love penguins and kayaking. My kids had rabbits when they were younger. Mum born in year of rabbit, neighbour was a cello teacher, had ballet lessons until age 18, still love playground swings and my angel doggies frolicking around. I'm also a dreamer with my head in the clouds! Have a great day everyone

20230126_083852.jpg

20230126_083702.jpg

20230126_083617.jpg

20230126_083552.jpg

20230126_083524.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.