I bought a handbag from an Instagram ad…Mecha Mendez!

MissBagLadyT

May 27, 2018
I have been seeing Mecha Mendez bags in my instagram feed starting in 2022. In particular, a bag called the IRUPE XL. The bags are by Argentinian designers and they ship worldwide. At first I was skeptical. I've never purchased a bag outside of the US so I tried to research Youtube, Google, Purseforum and I only found 1 article on Purseforum but it somehow has disappeared. The Purseforum article was just someone asking if anyone had purchased a bag from them and the few replies were no. After stalking their page and seeing some of the review reels of supposed customers from the US, I decided to take a chance.. I purchased it on 01/02/23. It shipped from Argentina on 01/13/23 and arrived at my home on 02/23/23. The shipping delay was more Fedex problem due to weather when it arrived in Brazil. Needless to say, I was not disappointed when I finally received it. The bag is simple but unique and the leather seems to be good quality. Its thick but supple and will likely get better with age). So, here are some pictures in case anyone else is searching for more information about this brand. Something tells me, they are going to blow up. I figured I would snag one before their prices increase. For some reason this bag reminds me of Loewe's style, even though it doesn't look anything like Loewe. But Loewe is made in Spain and Argentina has a large Spaniard population so maybe that's why. My bag is the first one. I got the IRUPE XL Black. The following pictures are other variations. I'm definitely purchasing the smaller IRUPE PLUS but probably with the braided straps instead of the black leather straps. (The straps can be switched). I purchased the braided keychain that attached to my bag and got a free multicolor one also. The price point is reasonable. IMG_0552.jpegImage 1-8-23 at 1.27 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2023-01-03 at 8.03.32 PM.pngblack-xl-bat-1_1800x1800.jpg.jpgScreen Shot 2023-01-08 at 1.37.09 PM.png

Reactions: Sunfall77
DIMENSIONS ON WEBSITE: 16.50 WIDE X 12.50 HIGH X 9.00 DEEP. The dimensions are accurate except the 16.5 wide is really more towards middle height of the bag. The bottom of the bag is not as wide as the midway point. It is a huge bag. It comes in a PLUS size which is 10 WIDE X 9 HIGH X 5 DEEP which is more of an everyday bag size. I plan to us the XL size as a work bag. There is a small MINI size which is 8.5 WIDE X 7 HIGH X 5 DEEP. I'll attach some photos of people I've seen on Instagram with the Mini.

Contents

* Danger Dover Small Hunter Toiletry pouch (7.5” L x 4” W x 4.5” H)

* Beige pouch from Amazon (6"L x 4.5"W x 2"H) used as a pencil pouch and to hold charge cords/block, and AirPods)

* Ray Ban hard case hold Jackie Oh sunglasses

* Mini Composition notebook (leopard cover)

* Pen+Gear notebook

* Status Anxiety wallet

* small kitty canvas pouch from Amazon (Size: 3 7/8 x 4 3/4 inches.) which holds lip balms and applicators)

I don’t wear makeup so no makeup pouches8EE7E27B-9C55-4EBE-8F64-A63D37980B8C.jpeg

I have been seeing Mecha Mendez bags in my instagram feed starting in 2022. In particular, a bag called the IRUPE XL. The bags are by Argentinian designers and they ship worldwide. At first I was skeptical. I've never purchased a bag outside of the US so I tried to research Youtube, Google, Purseforum and I only found 1 article on Purseforum but it somehow has disappeared. The Purseforum article was just someone asking if anyone had purchased a bag from them and the few replies were no. After stalking their page and seeing some of the review reels of supposed customers from the US, I decided to take a chance.. I purchased it on 01/02/23. It shipped from Argentina on 01/13/23 and arrived at my home on 02/23/23. The shipping delay was more Fedex problem due to weather when it arrived in Brazil. Needless to say, I was not disappointed when I finally received it. The bag is simple but unique and the leather seems to be good quality. Its thick but supple and will likely get better with age). So, here are some pictures in case anyone else is searching for more information about this brand. Something tells me, they are going to blow up. I figured I would snag one before their prices increase. For some reason this bag reminds me of Loewe's style, even though it doesn't look anything like Loewe. But Loewe is made in Spain and Argentina has a large Spaniard population so maybe that's why. My bag is the first one. I got the IRUPE XL Black. The following pictures are other variations. I'm definitely purchasing the smaller IRUPE PLUS but probably with the braided straps instead of the black leather straps. (The straps can be switched). I purchased the braided keychain that attached to my bag and got a free multicolor one also. The price point is reasonable. View attachment 5700807View attachment 5700810View attachment 5700811View attachment 5700812View attachment 5700816
Thank you for posting your new bag and the detailed review. I am always looking for off the radar items of good quality and this brand looks like it achieves that. Now off to their website!

Reactions: MissBagLadyT