Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among the critters our family has had over the years was a pet garter snake, represented here by the Ace of Diamonds on Dame de Coeur. Reptiles are diamonds on this scarf.

20230125_091422.jpg

We have also have kept tropical fish, here represented by the King of Spades, spades being various sea creatures on this scarf.

20230125_093128.jpg

Of course, there was also our dear pet parakeet, here represented by the Jack of Clubs, clubs being various birds.

20230125_091457.jpg
10694 (1).jpeg

Finally, we had small mammals, such as gerbils and mice. Hearts are the mammals and I found this rabbit hiding between the heart cards.

20230125_093848.jpg

My scarf of the day is Dame de Coeur a Vous L'Honneur. The small white flakes are more snow this morning.

20230125_093343.jpg

Last edited:
It rained every day before and during the Lunar New Year. So today, I'm bundled up for warmth in Bajtlik's Les As du Volant. Kluska is somewhere in this demolition derby melee.
View attachment 5700215
My fave doggy scarf: Poiret's Pekinois. IRL I have never had a small dog. DH was partial to huskies.
View attachment 5700209
And the tale of Table. She appeared a few years ago, meowing every evening for food at the Opposite Neighbour's gate. One night, ON was out and she meowed at me when I happened to step out for my evening walk. I gave her a handful of kibble. After that, she would come to our gate for a 2nd round of dinner every night. I never let her through the gate because Neighbour's Cat was in residence and very territorial. They hissed at each other through the fence.

After my evening walk, I would deliberately pause outside the gate to cool down. We would pretend not to notice each other. I'd drop some kibble near my foot and she would suspiciously creep over. After some weeks, she would rub herself against my calf in greeting, but hiss if I tried to touch her. I would look down at her and she would be this rectangular block of fur on 4 stubby legs. Hence the name Table :biggrin: After Neighbour's Cat went over the rainbow bridge, Table moved in and is now best friends with DS1. Here she is, doing the glamcat pose.
View attachment 5700226
Oh I love the Tale of Table! You are indeed a Cat Whisperer! The puddles of Pekes are fabulous and so rarely seen. There is a stylized Kluskamobile in the center of Les As (car #8) though I seem to recall a less mechanical version somewhere

Okay, monster quote ahead as there is an absolute abundance of furry, fluffy, loveliness today and yesterday! I think I’ve got everyone, but if I have missed any of the fur or feather babies, I apologize in advance. They are all adorable and it’s such a sweet treat to ‘meet’ them all here :heart::heart::heart:

Table is a very appropriate moniker!

That expression is priceless :lol: Beautiful, and so patient!

beautiful scarves, @Pirula and the real deal is even more precious!

Ponki and Mimi are looking very regal, as are you, @Living.la.vida.fifi! That necklace is incredible! :faint:

Thank you @EtsyBoss. He’s a giant teddy bear. Who has been bigger than me since he was six months old! He still thinks he’s a baby and is very generous with his kisses :lol:

most welcome @Naessi . The first time I tried to find them all it took forever! I've gotten quicker, and am happy to share. it was a welcome distraction yesterday.

thank you so much @Snausages , Elsa and Maple! Ours to you too. Yes, I've been overwhelmed with worry for the last few days, but he’s eaten a little bit of roast chicken today, which is good. He’s obviously very sore, but bearing it well. He’s such a sweet boy xxx

And, now I love JB even more!

oh my goodness, Elsa and Maple are just gorgeous, @Snausages ! Such beautiful happy faces :smile:. So glad you found each other xoxoxo

Ask, and you shall receive. I’ll post a pic of my sweetie at the end ;)

Thank you so much, @Cookiefiend and Coco! Smooches received with thanks. Right back at you ;)

Grail alert! Scotties are sweet, quirky little dogs and always full of character. Your cross stitch is a perfect match with the scarf!

beautiful shawl, but your Newfie girl completely steals the show! I love Newfs; they have the sweetest temperaments and do look like playful black bears! She’s a beauty indeed. Those eyes! :loveeyes:

Thank you so much, dear @Living.la.vida.fifi . I really appreciate your kind comments. We adore him and I'm so relieved he’s home. He’s just a wonderful boy and we’re so lucky to have him in our lives.

me too! I‘ve had all kinds of pets. furred, feathered and scaled! Coco is so beautiful. Please send her our love too!

Luke is such a sweetie, and what a lovely picture with his sister Heidi. Sorry to hear of your loss. They bring so much joy in the time we share with them and leave a hole in our hearts and lives when they pass. Sending our love to you all and ear rubs and belly cuddles for your little gentleman, too xx

‘pure joy’ sums up this picture perfectly, dear @LKBNOLA. What a wonderful photo and precious memories indeed. Their Mardi Gras collars are so much fun and they look ready to party with mum! Sending much love and puppy kisses to you and the newest furry family member. They really are a blessing. Xoxoxo

Ike is a lovely boy and looks like he’s enjoying the sunshine a whole lot more than he would get to in his native Wales ;). You don’t see many Welsh terriers around; is he a rarity where you are? Thanks for sharing, he looks like a thoughtful little chap, and I’m sure he is most definitely lord of his domain.

oh, Rushie is adorable though, which trumps terrifying anytime ;). And the snoring is hilarious (I am assuming she does, as every pug I have ever met does!). Our boy is a EPIC snorer. You can hear him from the other side of the house…

Lovely. And in an Hermes box too? Clearly a kittie of taste and distinction ;)

haha, yes. The bigger the better! We only have the one now as his brother passed a few years ago, but we used to have two. When you are greeted by a combined 350lbs of love, you KNOW you are loved! :heart:

Thank you so much @Stylehound ! The kind thoughts and wishes from all here have been such a comfort. Sending love and snuggles to your dear pup, too! Please post a pic if you like. Xoxo

and, Coco is a terrific scarf model too! You have been upstaged, Cookie, and from that sweet smile I think she knows it ;)

I hope I haven’t missed anyone, but wanted to thank everyone again for your kind thoughts and wishes. It has meant so much to me. My gentle giant is home, and recovering with lots of love and many (gentle) cuddles. Not exactly a glamour pic, as he is still loopy from the meds, but here’s our sweet bear wearing one of his daddy’s hoodies, to keep him warm and keep him away from his stitches
View attachment 5700329
Squeeeeee! He looks like a happy drunk and who can resist a good frosty face. I'm assuming his hoodie is in lieu of the dreaded Cone of Shame but even if so he's quite stylish. And do I spy a pillow on his bed in addition to his stuffy?! All pooches should be so pampered!

Phew! Think I am all caught up, though it took me three posts! I am on the road today so apologies for posting two mod shots from last summer. Les Bassets (twins and sisters with many of you!) and Rendez-vous Chez Hermes, also by Carine Brancowitz of En Liberte! fame and featuring her Dalmatian (love his long-suffering look)! Twins with our Guest Scarfmistress, too.
View attachment 5700435
View attachment 5700436
View attachment 5700437
I love/hate that we have similar tastes in scarves because your mod shots are quite the enablement @LKBNOLA

A day late with the dog theme but wanted to share some of the dogs I have.

Les Bassets. This one was notorously difficult to get a hold off where I live. Probably would have bought more cws if I had found them. I hope they reissue "Monarch" and/or I find one in the pre-loved market. That one is a holy grail I'm still hunting for!
1674663937913.png
1674663724733.png

Exposition Universelle (again!). Had to feature Kluska in the corner.
1674664182739.png

One of many Kluskas on Animapolis. If you want to find them all, please look at @Lellabelle s wonderful posts about the Kluskas in Animapolis (thank you @Lellabelle for the posts! I hope your boy is doing better! :heart:):

You’re right! No bunnies, or cats, that I can find on Animapolis. That is a surprise, given the menagerie of mischief contained there. There are dogs though. 18 of them, to be precise. Can you find them all?

I have dogs on my mind, as my dear old boy is in for surgery today, which is always a worry, especially at his age. Wish us luck.

Animapolis then, is the scarf I choose for today. On theme, and a favourite for my very favourite boy while he’s at the Veterinary hospital. Excuse the hoodie; I am dressed for practicality today.
View attachment 5699084

Jan Bajtlik included an homage to Kluska, his dog, who is a central character and who appears repeatedly through the design. There are 18 Kluskas in Animapolis, including a dear one with Jan himself. Kluska makes an appearance in many of Jan’s designs.
View attachment 5699089

For anyone who wants to join the hunt, archive web pic below. It’s the charity SE edition (I don’t own it, but I wish I did: it’s a grail of mine!). Including this for anyone who wants to play, as I think it’s the clearest CW for finding Kluska!
View attachment 5699085
I will post the answers later today, so as not spoil the fun for anyone who wants to join in. Can you find them all?
And, it works, so here’s where to find cheeky little Kluska… (click to reveal)

View attachment 5699290

Hope you had fun in Animapolis!
1674663833053.png

And "my" Kluska wearing Animapolis (he is my parents' dog, but both he and I think he is actually my dog :lol::heart: )
1674663336088.png

Among the critters our family has had over the years was a pet garter snake, represented here by the Ace of Diamonds on Dame de Coeur. Reptiles are diamonds on this scarf.

View attachment 5700555

We have also have kept tropical fish, here represented by the King of Spades, spades being various sea creatures on this scarf.

View attachment 5700553

Of course, there was also our dear pet parakeet, here represented by the Jack of Clubs, clubs being various birds.

View attachment 5700554
View attachment 5700561

Finally, we had small mammals, such as gerbils and mice. Hearts are the mammals and I found this rabbit hiding between the heart cards.

View attachment 5700551

My scarf of the day is Dame de Coeur a Vous L'Honneur. The small white flakes are more snow this morning.

View attachment 5700552
Love!!!

Les Bassets. This one was notorously difficult to get a hold off where I live. Probably would have bought more cws if I had found them. I hope they reissue "Monarch" and/or I find one in the pre-loved market. That one is a holy grail I'm still hunting for!
View attachment 5700571
View attachment 5700568

View attachment 5700574

One of many Kluskas on Animapolis. If you want to find them all, please look at @Lellabelle s wonderful posts about the Kluskas in Animapolis (thank you @Lellabelle for the posts! I hope your boy is doing better! :heart:):

View attachment 5700570

And "my" Kluska wearing Animapolis (the photo is a few years old).
View attachment 5700565
Love your Bassets, and Kluska is adorable... however.
Your 'Kluska' is ADORABLE!!! What a sweet picture! :love:

View attachment 5700555

View attachment 5700553

View attachment 5700554
View attachment 5700561

View attachment 5700551

View attachment 5700552
You are making me want this design @Redbirdhermes - you always spot the most interesting details! I have the pointelle twilly and now MUST take a closer look because I was drawn to it simply because of the cards.

View attachment 5700571
View attachment 5700568

View attachment 5700574

View attachment 5700570

And "my" Kluska wearing Animapolis (he is my parents' dog, but both he and I think he is actually my dog :lol::heart: )
View attachment 5700565
Oh so much to like about this post @Naessi - the hem on Bassets it TDF and I don't recall having seen the pink. Excellent Kluska highlighting and your Kluska is absolutely precious! Is that a maxi twilly (that I now need to hunt for)?

You are making me want this design @Redbirdhermes - you always spot the most interesting details! I have the pointelle twilly and now MUST take a closer look because I was drawn to it simply because of the cards.
Thank you, Snausages. The more time I spend with Dame de Coeur, the more I find. Clearly, Pierre Marie put a great deal of thought into his design. In any case, it is a great scarf for animals week.

Today Jardin Sintra!
Ducks or geese - my mother had a pet duck named Petey, he used to ride in her bicycle basket.
E7810865-A08B-4A8B-A62D-41043B5CD599.jpeg
Turtle - my youngest has a turtle… named Turtle - he even has his own Insta :lol: @turttle.burger
CAB43DF3-BF0F-45C0-8C0F-1B20A4284E70.jpeg
Rat/Rodent (but not a RoUS) - my nephew has a rat, it’s a very smart animal… and the closest thing I could find to a hamster or Guinea pig.
6EF5E62A-568B-47DA-A5D8-ACA534203451.jpeg
Birds - in memory of my parakeets ❤️
0A20302E-5B8F-4198-B88A-F4547E1A5B43.jpeg
SOTD
53092AD7-E990-478B-8314-448E461C3AFA.jpeg
Oh and gratuitous Coco photo - sleeping in ‘her’ chair ❤️
B00BA15C-DCAE-4483-9039-D647E77E3A93.jpeg

Happy Sunday, Scarflandia, and welcome to a new theme week for SOTD. Not only is today the beginning of a new theme week, it’s the beginning of the Lunar New Year!

According to Chinese astrology, today marks the beginning of a Year of the Rabbit. So inspired, this week’s theme is Paws for Thought: Bunnies, kitties, dogs and other furbabies (or featherbabies, or scalebabies – go on and stretch that theme!).​

To start the week (and the year) I’m focusing today on the Rabbit. The bunny. The hare. The lagomorph. There are more than 60 bunny breeds, including several lops (dangly ears), those identified by countries of origin (American rabbit, Netherland dwarf rabbit, Polish rabbit - to name a few), and different variations of cottontail (Eastern cottontail, New England cottontail, Desert cottontail…). The Flemish giant rabbit weighs on average 15 pounds, while the Pygmy rabbit weights less than a pound.

There are many famous rabbits: the Easter Bunny, Bugs Bunny, the Energizer Bunny, the Cadbury Bunny, Peter Cottontail (aka Peter Rabbit), Jessica Rabbit (she’s not bad – she’s just drawn that way!), and Bambi’s friend Thumper.

Bunnies are featured prominently in Hugo Grykgar’s 1950s classic Le Bles (which actually celebrates the wheatfield), Claudia Stuhlhofer-Mayer’s La Magie (watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!), and the rabbit/duck illusion gav. And yes there was a Year of the Rabbit gav!
View attachment 5698186
View attachment 5698187
View attachment 5698189View attachment 5698184
I went searching my scarf drawer for rabbits, and found them in Texas Wildlife, Premier Chants, and DUJA.
View attachment 5698195View attachment 5698193View attachment 5698196View attachment 5698192

View attachment 5698191View attachment 5698194
And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your bunnies!

(No time for rabbit hunting? That’s ok – any SOTD is on-theme!)
Beautiful intro Snausages! Am I running late for this week or what? That's a lot of bunny hunting! Cool find on Premier Chant. Now I can join in the bunny fun, as I feared I had none at all!

Reactions: Snausages
Status
Not open for further replies.