Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sotd. I’m not sure I like a new realization I made today due to the fact that it now means I could technically buy more csgms because I could wear them more often over all my chunky sweaters. Realization is that I can wear csgms just as accessories thrown over a sweater/coat and don’t have to be “styled” like a 90 or even care so much about colors by my face complimenting my complexion. So…..basically I am TOTALLY screwed now:whiteflag:
View attachment 5699858
Uh, yea-ah! This looks great with the chunky sweater, no styling necessary. And yes you are toast!

A dog chasing a rabbit in Les Danses des Indiens
View attachment 5699861

Dogs, rabbits squirrels and other critters in Central Park
View attachment 5699863
View attachment 5699862

Another beautiful Kermit Oliver rabbit, and other wildlife,
in Faune et Flore du Texas
View attachment 5699868
View attachment 5699869

My favorite dog-themed scarf: En Liberté
View attachment 5699865
View attachment 5699864

The little pup in Promenades de Paris
View attachment 5699866
View attachment 5699867

All manner of delightful critters in Early America, including adorable dogs and kitty cats
View attachment 5699872
View attachment 5699870
View attachment 5699871

And, here is my darling Gentleman Dog… my dear Luke
View attachment 5699891

Here’s another pic with his sister, Heidi, who passed away last September
View attachment 5699892

And, here is my SOTD! A much awaited scarf mail! Quadrige giant triangle
View attachment 5699893
Heidi and Luke :loveeyes: With Ponki and Mimi I’m thinking of Ghostbusters (‘dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!’). Your collection is amazing - so many colors and styles… there is nothing you can’t wear! Love your new-in!

Good afternoon, Pet Lovers! It is Mardi Gras Season in New Orleans and in just under ten days I will be back in town and ready to mask up (in the best way) for parades and parties and king cake galore. Today my SOTD is Colliers de Chiens-- a scarf full of much fancier dog collars than my pets normally wear, but here is a photo of my two beloved Portuguese Water Dogs (of blessed memory) at our last Mardi Gras together in 2020 before the Covid-Apocalypse. They were always the best sports and ready for anything. Pure joy.
View attachment 5699898View attachment 5699899
Your friendship knots are always so perfect (and love the lippie!) and your late great Porties are adorable :heart: Scout and Maisie have big paw pads to fill! Looking forward to seeing them all decked out in Mardi Gras regalia

Reactions: Lellabelle
I was tempted to wear En Liberte today (twins with a lot of you)! Ended up wearing Sous L'Egide de Mars, I forgot it was based on Hercules' Twelve Labours and found Cerberus the three headed dog!

View attachment 5700049
View attachment 5700050

And this is my family's dog...Rushie! She lives with my mom because I can't bring her over to my flat. She's not quite as terrifying as Cerberus.

View attachment 5700059
What a cutie, and definitely not as terrifying! ❤️
Love love love Coco!
:hugs:
Awwwww!
“If I fits, I sits!” :lol:
Squeeeeee Coco! That scallop jacquard is divine. But Coco asked me to tell you she’d like to be more involved in your scarf drawer
View attachment 5700195
ZOMG - it’s beeee-you-tee-full on her!
I’ve been upstaged! :panic: :roflmfao: :panic:

After 10 days toiling over an appeallate brief and further deteriorating my eyesight reading a voluminous record, I was seeing red, and so I wear it. Mediterrane, 90 cm with a red contrast hem. No canines et carré in my collex, and no bunnies or other mammals other than those that Oliver may have stashed in Texas Wildlife.

From I friend, I understand a Welsh Terrier was in the Westminster Dog Show. My boy Ike is perpetually miffed that he never got to play in the big leagues, but the food's better here, and he's got endless venues in which to snooze or survey his domain.

View attachment 5699953

View attachment 5699954

View attachment 5699956
Those are perfect reds @hermesguy ! Ike is almost as stylish as you and I hope he was more tolerant of today’s deluge than mine

Welcome to Day 3 of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we're focusing on dogs*! Puppers. Doggos. Pooches. Hounds. Man’s best friend. The largest registry of dog breeds identifies 300+ internationally-accepted breeds. The AKC breaks these down into seven groupings, organized by the original work that each breed was developed to do: Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding.

If you've known me for longer than a nanosecond, you know I'm crazy about my pups! My mom grew up with a cocker spaniel, so I grew up with a cocker spaniel, and since 1996 I've owned 7 and fostered 15 cocker spaniels. Spaniels don't appear much on Hermes scarves and when they do I'm a fan. I've got two colorways of Carl de Parcevaux's Chiens au Rapport which features four life-like drawings of field spaniels with their masters' hunted fowl (cocker spaniels are so named for specializing in retrieving fallen woodcocks), and two formats of Virginie Jamin's Colliers et Chiens (an evolution of Colliers de Chien, which I also have in two formats). Most recently Dimitri Rybaltchenko's Sur Mon Nuage includes his cocker spaniel Misty playing with a ball - looking an awful lot like my Elsa chasing Maple chasing a ball.

View attachment 5699548View attachment 5699549View attachment 5699547View attachment 5699546
View attachment 5699557
View attachment 5699555View attachment 5699554View attachment 5699553View attachment 5699552View attachment 5699551
View attachment 5699559
View attachment 5699566
And, as so many have noted Jan Bajtlik usually finds some way to work in his Corgi Kluska (Polish for "Noodle", the name of my second cocker!). While Kluska is often easy to spot, sometimes she's integrated so well she's hard to find!

And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your pups! Bonus points for showing your real life doggaroonis!

(*Have no fear – wild canines will be featured later this week! And remember, any SOTD is on-theme!)
Great shots! Your spaniels are adorable! Admire your scarves and twillies! Colliers et Chiens is a treasure! Absolutely love it!

I was tempted to wear En Liberte today (twins with a lot of you)! Ended up wearing Sous L'Egide de Mars, I forgot it was based on Hercules' Twelve Labours and found Cerberus the three headed dog!

View attachment 5700049
View attachment 5700050

And this is my family's dog...Rushie! She lives with my mom because I can't bring her over to my flat. She's not quite as terrifying as Cerberus.

View attachment 5700059
Rushie!!! Pugs are hilarious and after Men in Black I always wonder if they’re aliens. Good eye on finding Cerberus! I didn’t realize SLdM was Herculean #TMYK

Thank you all for the awesome mod shots and closeups and most of all pet pix! Tomorrow we’re broadening our ‘paws’ theme to cover other furbabies and scalebabies and featherbabies (Bobbie, get ready for your star turn!). Dogs and cats and bunnies are not the only four-legged household companions, after all!

It’s true - I love dogs.
I grew up with cats (parakeets, raccoons, Guinea pigs, and hamsters have all been pets), as my father didn’t like dogs, and I love cats too - but dogs? I just love them - but especially my own Coco.
View attachment 5699851
Lots of puppers on today’s scarf - Venerie des Princes - I love the matte blanc on the running border of dogs.
View attachment 5699848
Your Coco is a beautiful-queen! What a delight! Attention, Hermes! New face for H scarf!
Love your scarf and the way you’ve styled it too. Elegant and chic!

Status
Not open for further replies.