What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

More people than ever before are aware of how much these bags cost
This is certainly true and I must say it's kind of a turn off for me. Which might be an unpopular opinion. I don't like the thought that one of the first things a person notices when they see me is how much something costs. I understand many people really like to give that aura of affluence and success. But if someone looks at me and one of their first thoughts is the price tag of an item, that's just...banal and kind of depressing. I'm a human, hello! I want people to see me as a whole, even when they see my style. You know, they might think that that's a stylish person, or a bit of an eccentric type, or someone who has a friendly vibe.

I don't necessarily want to block that overall human vibe with a very recognizable item that reduces me to a person carrying an expensive item.

This is certainly true and I must say it's kind of a turn off for me. Which might be an unpopular opinion. I don't like the thought that one of the first things a person notices when they see me is how much something costs. I understand many people really like to give that aura of affluence and success. But if someone looks at me and one of their first thoughts is the price tag of an item, that's just...banal and kind of depressing. I'm a human, hello! I want people to see me as a whole, even when they see my style. You know, they might think that that's a stylish person, or a bit of an eccentric type, or someone who has a friendly vibe.

I don't necessarily want to block that overall human vibe with a very recognizable item that reduces me to a person carrying an expensive item.
Yes! Yes! Yes! :hugs:I'm sending you a virtual hug because this is my thought entirely.
My unpopular opinion is....
I cannot wait for the day that Birkins and Kellys become less popular and stop being worn by every influencer/pop singer/reality tv personality etc on Social Media.
Unlike many of the posters I definitely see more worn than I ever did pre 2020.
I live and work in London and I probably see at least a dozen K &B a day.
and countless Evelyne, a few Constance
I rarely see Bolide,Jypsiere,Herbag,or Halzan and 24/24 or GP, Geta ,Verou etc...

Completely! And this may be another unpopular opinion but i honestly think there’s so much of a focus on birkins that kellys are actually not as well known and conspicuous. I feel like kellys and the kelly line of bags are more like “iykyk”.

Completely! And this may be another unpopular opinion but i honestly think there’s so much of a focus on birkins that kellys are actually not as well known and conspicuous. I feel like kellys and the kelly line of bags are more like “iykyk”.
I think it depends. I’ll say that I’ve only ever gotten noticed while carrying my Kelly vs my Birkin.

Reactions: kerebear
You are not alone. I can't get into that bag at all!
The first time I saw one IRL was at the boutique, when another customer was looking at one in a bright blue. I asked my SA about it and she was very dismissive...she clearly doesn't like the style: it is too architectural so hangs oddly on the body and the zipper is awkward.
I also don't understand the appeal of the Constance at all...a friend, in describing it recently, asked 'what's that bag with the giant H on it?' Exactly!

The first time I saw one IRL was at the boutique, when another customer was looking at one in a bright blue. I asked my SA about it and she was very dismissive...she clearly doesn't like the style: it is too architectural so hangs oddly on the body and the zipper is awkward.
I also don't understand the appeal of the Constance at all...a friend, in describing it recently, asked 'what's that bag with the giant H on it?' Exactly!
I'm laughing because I know people who say the giant H looks like the Honda symbol:lol: but I don't see it.
And I wonder if the Lindy wasn't an Hermes bag would anyone still lust after that style?

Im one that like the constance but NOT because of the big H which I can actually do without. I honestly don’t even think about the H when I carry it and surprisingly is less known than the b or k, at least where I am. I like it for the reasons that I don’t like the lindy lol - it lays flat against my body (I don’t need ANY help with protruding things in the hip area lol) and I prefer flap style bags (Chanel cf, 19 and ysl envelope rule my collection lol). I personally am ok with people wondering what it is. But the beauty in H is there’s lots of design for all and I can see why people don’t like the constance style(belts included), for sure.

I don't like the Birkin. 1. The locks are visually not my thing at all. Makes it look like it should instead be called a Brinks. 2. Actually accessing the interior of the bag would drive me nuts having to fiddle with that hardware every time, yet walking around with them flapping around would make me even crazier. 3. As others have said, it is TOO popular and sends a message of "look how much I can spend on something non-essential." I also agree with the others who feel that outward obvious messages of wealth and status are ostentatious and a bit tacky.

Thankfully I’m one where the too popular doesn’t apply to me in my area. One of my friends has b’s and k’s but I still mostly see LV where I’m at and a few Evelyn’s. I only see b’s in the boutique or if I travel.
My unpopular opinion is I don’t care what social media is doing/wearing which is why I don’t watch. Seeing what “everyone has online” doesn’t apply to my real life. If a person think I’m trying to show wealth and think I’m tacky that’s their issue, not mine. I will probably never see them again anyway lol, nor will I know their thoughts. I grew up learning to not think what people care and be happy with who I am. It’s more immature to me to judge someone based off of A material item.

I also don’t understand why people watch influencers if they don’t like them or what they do. It’s confusing.

I don't like the Birkin. 1. The locks are visually not my thing at all. Makes it look like it should instead be called a Brinks. 2. Actually accessing the interior of the bag would drive me nuts having to fiddle with that hardware every time, yet walking around with them flapping around would make me even crazier. 3. As others have said, it is TOO popular and sends a message of "look how much I can spend on something non-essential." I also agree with the others who feel that outward obvious messages of wealth and status are ostentatious and a bit tacky.
I am having a great laugh today reading everyone's opinions :lol: on H bags. I am one who loves the Birkin, but I also have a sibling who thinks its ugly lol.

I am having a great laugh today reading everyone's opinions :lol: on H bags. I am one who loves the Birkin, but I also have a sibling who thinks its ugly lol.
My sister thinks birkins are ugly also. BUT she’s also happy for me to have finally gotten one. She wanted play by play of my Paris trip. She definitely remembers me trying to figure out what the bag was that Samatha in SATC had lol

Thankfully I’m one where the too popular doesn’t apply to me in my area. One of my friends has b’s and k’s but I still mostly see LV where I’m at and a few Evelyn’s. I only see b’s in the boutique or if I travel.
My unpopular opinion is I don’t care what social media is doing/wearing which is why I don’t watch. Seeing what “everyone has online” doesn’t apply to my real life. If a person think I’m trying to show wealth and think I’m tacky that’s their issue, not mine. I will probably never see them again anyway lol, nor will I know their thoughts. I grew up learning to not think what people care and be happy with who I am. It’s more immature to me to judge someone based off of A material item.

I also don’t understand why people watch influencers if they don’t like them or what they do. It’s confusing.
Amen! I am one who has NO social media (except this purseforum). Too funny!.Samantha on SATC was my "influencer" 20 years ago on wanting a Birkin.