Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Sunday's SOTD - Les Bles - worn in celebration of the Year of The Rabbit. I love owning a piece from Hugo Grygkar and this design is so personal to me. I have long owned Watership Down yet never read it, so I've added it to my reading list for this year. The language of the rabbits in it is Lapine... le lapin being the French word for rabbit. Once upon a time I had a little white pet rabbit with black nose and black tipped ears.

View attachment 5699321

View attachment 5699322
Perfect with the sweater!

You’re right! No bunnies, or cats, that I can find on Animapolis. That is a surprise, given the menagerie of mischief contained there. There are dogs though. 18 of them, to be precise. Can you find them all?

I have dogs on my mind, as my dear old boy is in for surgery today, which is always a worry, especially at his age. Wish us luck.

Animapolis then, is the scarf I choose for today. On theme, and a favourite for my very favourite boy while he’s at the Veterinary hospital. Excuse the hoodie; I am dressed for practicality today.
View attachment 5699084

Jan Bajtlik included an homage to Kluska, his dog, who is a central character and who appears repeatedly through the design. There are 18 Kluskas in Animapolis, including a dear one with Jan himself. Kluska makes an appearance in many of Jan’s designs.
View attachment 5699089

For anyone who wants to join the hunt, archive web pic below. It’s the charity SE edition (I don’t own it, but I wish I did: it’s a grail of mine!). Including this for anyone who wants to play, as I think it’s the clearest CW for finding Kluska!
View attachment 5699085
I will post the answers later today, so as not spoil the fun for anyone who wants to join in. Can you find them all?
I hope all went well today. Your scarf is beautiful in these colors.

Oh, thank you for posting these, ‘Nola. A welcome diversion!

Here‘s Kluska in Cosmographia. Web pic, as I don’t own this. Perhaps someone will show us one tomorrow?
E7290028-5978-4747-93FB-D5E43329B53A.jpeg

B2AE2296-52AF-427B-9ED5-0EF269585C65.jpegI actually really like this pink colourway. I don’t recall seeing it, but it’s really pretty. Edited to add: that’s probably because this was a CSGM.

I couldn’t find one on Voitures exquises.

Your new costumes is beautiful on you @LKBNOLA. The soft colour palette is so pretty, and the design is so versatile in your different ties.

Last edited:
And now I’m off on a tangent of killer rabbits, with Monty Python’s lethal lagomorph
View attachment 5698839

This would of course be less humorous had they featured a panther. A lot of times I feel like the personal meaning of a scarf is the wearer’s private secret. I hope your Pardus doesn’t feel slighted this week!
Now I am cracking up remembering this @Snausages!
Contributing some Chats. I have a weakness for kitties and BIN this design whenever I find it at a reasonable price point.
View attachment 5698848
A pic of Table - overhead view showing her rectangular figure :giggle: Also, there are entire websites devoted to the loaf form of dogs and cats. I just discovered them today! And fell off my chair when I saw this photo of an extremely loaflike corgi!
View attachment 5698847
I still want to know how the cat was named Table @xincinsin and that corgi is too much! The cat scarves are fabulous, too...
Happy Lunar Year of the Rabbit (or Cat) silkies! Lots of fUn furry deets and regretfully I released my Zodiac Rabbit scarf because I hoped to collect all the zodiac pochettes and H stopped producing my zodiac year (Ram) and DD’s (Year of the Monkey). But, the lovely winter to spring design Ballade de Heian makes up for the loss!

one of my fav furry creatures silks of the north: la Vie du grand Nord. Honore captured huskies, Polar bears and creatures with such sweet faces.

View attachment 5698849

View attachment 5698851

View attachment 5698852

View attachment 5698853
Lovely little bunnies on Balade de Heian-- would love to find one someday @lanit. The polar bear and husky faces on LVdGN are the sweetest...
Here are some rabbits on Petit Venerie, or small game hunting, designed by Charles-Jean Hallo in 1971.

View attachment 5698671View attachment 5698670

My teal version is sisters with the red version shown by @Croisette7 yesterday. Petit Venerie is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5698870

And, my apologies to the sweet kitty on Sur Mon Nuage for missing her yesterday.

View attachment 5698854
The kitty is adorable and so are the rabbits -- until one focuses on the activity which is the subject of the scarf! But it is lovely nonetheless @Redbirdhermes!
So beautiful and elegant paired with white-- I have a hard time resisting a mosaic of any kind @Croisette7!
Cave Felem ... In my dreams...
Seriously
View attachment 5698899View attachment 5698900
Adorable cat in his rubber ducky hat! And sisters on this fabulous scarf @Coco2606 -- now we need a mod shot of you!
I love the kitty on Les Toits and your two are adorable @Pirula. :heart:
Sunday in Les Bles - all the bunnies!
View attachment 5699135
Today celebrating kitty cats - the large growly ones - with GTN, my SOTD
View attachment 5699136
Wow that sweater is the perfect match for the pink in GTN @Cookiefiend-- you really see the luminosity... And of course, your bunnies hiding in that fabulous field...
Power scarf Selle des Steppes gave me power today, but not quite enough to power up the snowy hill I was stuck on! I had to leave my car in a remote location but at least my scarf is safe inside with me.

View attachment 5699145
The color of this sweater is TDF and it looks amazing on you. Congratulate your husband on his blow torch art-- It is great in your window @Teaforparrots! I hope you are able to soon retrieve your car. For many years I lived on a hill between the Catskills and the Berkshires-- getting stranded in snow is no fun at all.
Couldn’t resist posting just a few more awesome bunnies

Just look at the beautiful hare and all the other animals in Les Mythologies des Hommes Rouges
View attachment 5699164
View attachment 5699166

Fleurs d’Hiver features mainly a repeating pattern of reindeer, but one of my favorite details is the border with all the cute critters, which includes bunnies
View attachment 5699165
View attachment 5699163

And, one of the most iconic cats on an Hermès scarf: Cave Felem
View attachment 5699167
View attachment 5699168

Peuple du Vent is full of delightful animals, including two dogs and a kitty cat
View attachment 5699170
View attachment 5699171

La Maison des Carres depicts a cute cat and dog in a couple of its vignettes. In that room, there is a woman with a goldfish and man with his dog
View attachment 5699172
In the scene top right, an airtist paints in the company of her cat
View attachment 5699175
View attachment 5699208
And, here are my two beloved kitty cats…
Ponki
View attachment 5699216

And, Mimi
View attachment 5699215

And, my SOTD last Friday to attend a Seraphic Fire concert… Tapis Persans worn with my new Gerda Lynggaard for Monies necklace
View attachment 5699217
No one highlights the details in scarves in more surprising and pleasurable ways than you @Living.la.vida.fifi -- just wonderful little vignettes that always send me searching through my own silks with delight and anticipation. Amazing scarves and your two kitties are adoranble. Your outfit with the new necklace and Tapis Persans is amazing...
Most hypoallergenic cat ever! I love the little claws and what a beautiful blue. I find this scarf so unique
Thank you @Snausages! I am really enjoying discovering the play of colors on this one-- flat it reads like another blue scarf, but the cat colors and the shading and brushwork are truly magical... I love Manlik's work-- she can do everything from Robe du Soir, to Tresor de Medor to Faunes Lettrees-- a very diverse range of styles.
Here is another rabbit on Le Canada - KO likes rabbits apparently:smile:))

View attachment 5699313

View attachment 5699314
Fabulous colorway @Ashanti_Rose -- you must have quite a stunning collection based on the few we have seen!
Thank you so much @LKBNOLA. He’s a 12 year old mastiff, and is at the VERY large end of the spectrum, at a little over 90 kilos. Any kind of medical intervention at his age is risky, but it was necessary. He’s home, and getting lots of love. He is just the most wonderful boy and we adore him.

Thank you so much for you kind wishes. :hugs:
It is always nerve-wracking but the most important thing is that he is home with his loving family and recovering. They are always so stoic and trusting-- he sounds like a wonderful boy @Lellabelle. :hugs:
From Sunday's SOTD - Les Bles - worn in celebration of the Year of The Rabbit. I love owning a piece from Hugo Grygkar and this design is so personal to me. I have long owned Watership Down yet never read it, so I've added it to my reading list for this year. The language of the rabbits in it is Lapine... le lapin being the French word for rabbit. Once upon a time I had a little white pet rabbit with black nose and black tipped ears.

View attachment 5699321

View attachment 5699322
Beautiful Les Bles @EtsyBoss! Is the border gold? I just adore the wheat fields on this design. -- congratulations on finding such a lovely one. All I can say is you are in for a treat with Watership Down. Multigenerational favorite at my house...

Status
Not open for further replies.