Scarves Just say 'no' to Brides de Gala - what reissues do we really want?

African masks in CSGM and the discontinued plisse
the colorway with white blue and some tawny highlights

coupons indiennes in 140 silk or mousse line GM would be amazing

voiture transform In white, blue and black In 140 silk or CSGM

my fantasy scarf would be ex libris CSGM but in the colorway H only did in a tiny pocket square. Navy, black and a bit of white.

tohu B in ice gray csgm (which I bought in its original boutique form and consigned away twice) don’t know what I was thinking

reissue in CSCM of Gibiers Henri De Linares. The feathers are so beautiful on the one reissue I’ve seen from the 1990s.

thank you for bumping this, @Meta
I wanted to add New Springs (the one that looks like a drawing) in gray, aqua, bittersweet brown (I had this as a 90 silk and as a 140 mouselline and I would have loved it as a CSGM

sous le cedar CSGM

mythique phoenix

and, if only there was an iridescent, metallic ex libris, in a large scale, instead of a puny 70

Last edited:
The first three designs that jumped into my mind were Turandot, in both twill 90 cm and in the c/s shawl format, as well as La Femme aux Semelles de Vent, in twill 90 cm, as well as the c/s shawl format, and specifically the gray/black color way as a c/s shawl. Lastly Urashima Taro in either twill 90 cm, c/s shawl, or mousseline etole.
I saw this thread was active again, and I was fascinated with my response of a year ago. I was thinking of it in the context of scarf prices having gone up in 2021, and what I would consider with that in mind, as what reissued designs I would consider buying. I have not changed my opinion, and would not add any designs to my list.

Wow. This is the first season nothing appeals to me at all. I’m so tired of cartoons and the more graphic scarves are not so interesting to me. Too many pastels and white backgrounds as well. I’ll be sitting this one out.
I fully agree with you on this. Way too many bland pastels. Take the Chevaloscope - as much as I liked it, almost all CW are whitish or pastel-ish, nothing in bright colors.. Same themes are repeating season over season, so it is rather disappointing... I wish they would just reissue Samourais and some other vintage grails - would be more use...:smile:

I fully agree with you on this. Way too many bland pastels. Take the Chevaloscope - as much as I liked it, almost all CW are whitish or pastel-ish, nothing in bright colors.. Same themes are repeating season over season, so it is rather disappointing... I wish they would just reissue Samourais and some other vintage grails - would be more use...:smile:
Lol, we should all get together and make a petition to Hermes to get reissues for: Samourais, Siestes, Animapolis, some Shirleys and Faivres, and yes, some vintage favourites too… scarfies unite!

I did write to Paris appealing for a few reissues - Altinateur was one of them - some years ago and received a very civil response back.
I agree with the apparent excess of pastels but the thing that is driving me mad right now is that the scarves I like are being issued with some colouration that just doesn't suit me. So, to illustrate, all three colourways of the Altinateur feature yellow/orange/caramel which just doesn't suit my complexion at all and there is no escape from it because in some dark room somewhere the current colourists and the decision makers all like that part of the rainbow. And scarves are too expensive to fidget with forever - I will be able to show to the world the all-blue side of Altinateur with a flash of the cyclamen and I will have to hide that shameful, bilious shade of yellow. Still, it's a first-world problem!

There is always the ubiquitous Brides de Gala reissue every season.

There is always the ubiquitous Brides de Gala reissue every season.
I know. I don't understand what is the rationale for this reissue - the market is already saturated with zillion of variations (rainbow, shadow, valentine, etc - a great lesson on how to milk that cow - and it never ends....:smile: I almost fell of my chair when I saw this reissued this season again!!! :smile:)))

I know. I don't understand what is the rationale for this reissue - the market is already saturated with zillion of variations (rainbow, shadow, valentine, etc - a great lesson on how to milk that cow - and it never ends....:smile: I almost fell of my chair when I saw this reissued this season again!!! :smile:)))
Brides de Gala is a signature scarf print for Hermes. It’s the most reissued design in scarves. It was designed in 1957.