Hermes Discounting??

FrenchNewbie

Aug 14, 2021
Hello all,

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I wanted to get some people's input and real (proven) experience on this topic.
Does Hermes offer discounts to clients?

Last year, I bought something pre-loved from a seller and she provided a copy the receipt (that also had a long list of items she purchased).
As I was scrolling the receipt to find my item, much to my amazement :wtf: I noticed that a few of the big ticket items on the receipt had been discounted DIRECTLY FROM THE STORE. Were my eyes deceiving me?

Does Hermes do this--at all? Is this something they offer to special customers they like, at the discretion of the SA? Do multiple discounts be given to VVIPs?
Has anyone had their items discounted, or witnessed something similar with their own two eyes? I thought the French luxury NEVER discounted.

Sorry, respectfully I am afraid you misunderstood my point and/or original post.
I wasn't asking you to verify what I saw on the receipt...rather, if you read my original post, you'll ascertain that I am asking "Does Hermes do this--at all? Is this something they offer to special customers they like, perhaps at the discretion of the SA? Are discounts allowed to be given to VVIPs? Has anyone had their items discounted, or witnessed something similar with their own two eyes?"

If you personally have no knowledge of this, that is totally fine and please don't feel obligated to comment. :biggrin: That's why I was asking for input from people who have direct knowledge of this.

No, they don’t randomly discount. However, they do every so often hold sales (maybe one or two per continent per year) and sometimes, but rarely, these are held inside store locations. These sales are typically RTW, shoes, scarves, and sometimes fashion jewelry and home items from the prior year’s overstock. It’s probably been at least a decade since leather items have been included in these sales. That being said, from your original description, all I’m seeing is red flags iykwim.

No, they don’t randomly discount. However, they do every so often hold sales (maybe one or two per continent per year) and sometimes, but rarely, these are held inside store locations. These sales are typically RTW, shoes, scarves, and sometimes fashion jewelry and home items from the prior year’s overstock. It’s probably been at least a decade since leather items have been included in these sales. That being said, from your original description, all I’m seeing is red flags iykwim.

No, there's no discount for VIPs.

Staff get staff discounts but are limited as to what they can buy.
Thank you both so much for your respectful, non-presumptive reply/insight.

I've only seen a "discount" in store once : in Paris, when a SA hold a bag for a client right before a price increase, and somehow the client cannot make it to the store in time before the price increase kicks in, the SA can force the "old" price for a limited time (like a week or two maximum, subject to department and/or store manager approval), so the client can still pay the price of the bag as it was when it was reserved.... so it is a kind of "discount", but that's very specific circumstances...

Many years ago I did get a discount on a H bag. It was not from a Hermes free standing store but rather from the Hermes store in Saks. My receipt very faded shows the price I paid. Not full price showing the discount. It was discounted because it didn’t have a dust bag or a box. Which years ago, it was okay and didn’t seem to matter as much as it does now.

Many years ago I did get a discount on a H bag. It was not from a Hermes free standing store but rather from the Hermes store in Saks. My receipt very faded shows the price I paid. Not full price showing the discount. It was discounted because it didn’t have a dust bag or a box. Which years ago, it was okay and didn’t seem to matter as much as it does now.
Thanks so much for your insight; so this IS possible then!

• Haha
Reactions: Angelian

Wow, now you've reminded me. In France, you used to be able to buy all sorts of sale goods from the previous season(s) from a boutique. The first time I was with my mother who was a reg. (Nice) and after I bought a couple of things, was simply asked if I was interested in footwear and RTW in my size and the SA bought it up for me to try. No signs, and all kept in the back/basement. All at the SA's discretion. Certainly not VIP though.

That was also years and years ago. Makes more sense than sending stuff back and forth across the country.

That has never, ever happened in any other store though. UK sales are/have always been separate/separated from the stores.