Does anyone use Poshmark?

In the meantime, deep breath. You did nothing wrong and just figure this buyer is going through something or lives a really sad life to act like this over a handbag.
Yeah, I figure either she has personal issues which are improper for me to address, or a really sad existence (although that doesn't excuse the racial bias which, if allowed by Posh, were my primary complaint for their integrity as a platform)

Just to put a happy ending to this travesty.....
I received this email:
Thanks for your email. I am the Community Manager here at Poshmark. We are sorry to hear that you have encountered this matter. I can assure you that the appropriate action was taken in regards to the user's behavior. We take these types of reports seriously and we do not condone activity such as this on our platform. Acts of racism, hate speech, and discrimination of any kind are not tolerated on Poshmark and are a violation of our Community Guidelines.
If you encounter any additional harassment, please do not hesitate to reach out.
{name omitted}

so at least management have got their head screwed on correctly
AND denied the user their refund which I could've taken if it had any basis -- but not the allowance of such an abysmal manner of community conduct. Again, as noted in the Poshmark policy, someone read between the lines... 'hate speech and discrimination'
It's easy not to be gross like that???

I want to warmly thank everyone who offered advice and support, and understood what was my real concern here. You were all so kind, giving, and helpful. I wish you all the best and perhaps I can buy from you someday - I bet you have fabulous closets! x

Last edited:
Yeah, I figure either she has personal issues which are improper for me to address, or a really sad existence (although that doesn't excuse the racial bias which, if allowed by Posh, were my primary complaint for their integrity as a platform)

I received this email:
Thanks for your email. I am the Community Manager here at Poshmark. We are sorry to hear that you have encountered this matter. I can assure you that the appropriate action was taken in regards to the user's behavior. We take these types of reports seriously and we do not condone activity such as this on our platform. Acts of racism, hate speech, and discrimination of any kind are not tolerated on Poshmark and are a violation of our Community Guidelines.
If you encounter any additional harassment, please do not hesitate to reach out.
{name omitted}

AND denied the user their refund which I could've taken if it had any basis -- but not the allowance of such an abysmal manner of community conduct. Again, as noted in the Poshmark policy, someone read between the lines... 'hate speech and discrimination'

I want to warmly thank everyone who offered advice and support, and understood what was my real concern here. You were all so kind, giving, and helpful. I wish you all the best and perhaps I can buy from you someday - I bet you have fabulous closets! x

I am super glad to read this. Thank you for posting the resolution..
The system worked YAY and more importantly; moral goodness also prevailed..
I'm very happy for you.. :love:

I received this email:
{name omitted}

It's gratifying to know that Poshmark validated what you saw in those messages and didn't tolerate it. I wonder if the buyer's account will be suspended.

I received this email:
{name omitted}

Yay! I am happy to hear of the positive outcome. I hope your future interactions on Poshmark are more positive. In nearly a decade selling on that platform I’ve only had a few negative situations. Oh and this one buyer who used to pester me for things, but she eventually got banned! Lol.

Did anyone get a forced cancellation via Poshmark?
Now I got this. Got 2 offers, accepted, prepared packages with pics and video taken like I always do and handed them to mailman, then marked as shipped. After that I got a message from the buyer - I thought it was a thank you note for accepting the offer and fast shipping - nope, she was asking to cancel her order. I told her I can't as it's shipped, and that's why I marked it as shipped. Packages started tracking a bit later, because USPS first scaned it at sorting facility at 9pm (obviously I didn't hand it over at 9pm). now I see she "escalated to support". Can they force a return on me?
She said it's accidental. Accidental offer? It takes several steps actually and PM doesn't allow cancellations via offers.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm having issue with my recent purchase on Poshmark. I have purchased a designer bracelet described as "like new" but it came severely damaged. It was clearly broken before and glued back together but very poorly.

The package was delivered to my building a week ago (as usps shows), but it got misplaced in the package room under wrong unit number and I just got it yesterday. I tried opening claim on Poshmark, but the button was disabled so I have opened a case on Paypal. Poshmark is claiming that I have no protection as 3-day report policy has expired (they sent me the message in Paypal case).

Do I have any chance of getting my money back? I have uploaded all the photos showing the damage on Paypal. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I'm having issue with my recent purchase on Poshmark. I have purchased a designer bracelet described as "like new" but it came severely damaged. It was clearly broken before and glued back together but very poorly.

The package was delivered to my building a week ago (as usps shows), but it got misplaced in the package room under wrong unit number and I just got it yesterday. I tried opening claim on Poshmark, but the button was disabled so I have opened a case on Paypal. Poshmark is claiming that I have no protection as 3-day report policy has expired (they sent me the message in Paypal case).

Do I have any chance of getting my money back? I have uploaded all the photos showing the damage on Paypal. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!!

Paypal has some protections of their own. They often side with eBay buyers when eBay has refused to help so maybe it's the same with PM.
I would wait for the resolution at Paypal, be sure to explain the circumstances in your case there, if you haven't.
If PP doesn't resolve the issue, you can file a dispute with your credit card company. That's the last bite of the apple..

I ALWAYS pay via PP with a CC if it's an option as it offers 3 layers of protection for problems..
Good luck!!

Did anyone get a forced cancellation via Poshmark?
Now I got this. Got 2 offers, accepted, prepared packages with pics and video taken like I always do and handed them to mailman, then marked as shipped. After that I got a message from the buyer - I thought it was a thank you note for accepting the offer and fast shipping - nope, she was asking to cancel her order. I told her I can't as it's shipped, and that's why I marked it as shipped. Packages started tracking a bit later, because USPS first scaned it at sorting facility at 9pm (obviously I didn't hand it over at 9pm). now I see she "escalated to support". Can they force a return on me?
She said it's accidental. Accidental offer? It takes several steps actually and PM doesn't allow cancellations via offers.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. It isn't your fault the buyer tried to cancel after they were shipped. Buyers are only supposed to be able to cancel items they bought for full price, not items they made an offer for. When you make an offer, there are enough steps that it would be difficult to say it happened by accident, like you said.

It would be very hard for you to retrieve those packages. I don't think they would expect you to.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. It isn't your fault the buyer tried to cancel after they were shipped. Buyers are only supposed to be able to cancel items they bought for full price, not items they made an offer for. When you make an offer, there are enough steps that it would be difficult to say it happened by accident, like you said.

It would be very hard for you to retrieve those packages. I don't think they would expect you to.
Thank you for re-assuring, that's what I thought. I can see the buyer went ballistic and contacted support via different channels. PM support hasn't reached me directly (a good sign) and responded to her only in conversation that they had addressed her issue already.
I'm really amazed how people have guts to demand cancellation after shipping? I cancel accidental orders all the time, some people don't lock their phones, no problem, but through the offer? and it's a well-thought out price, nothing looks erroneous there.
I can still retrieve the package if I dropped it to local PO during working hours, I can come back and ask for it with id. I can't do it at central PO, because they process everything right away. When it's been picked up from the residence at the end of the day, I can't chase after their track at night.

Hi all,

Thanks!!
I’ve never opened a case on PayPal on Poshmark, but considering people can get refunds from ebay after the 30 day period, I think you should be okay. You will probably have to ship it back at your own cost.

In the future (or FYI for anyone else), if that ever happens where the package shows it’s been delivered but you haven’t received it, contact posh support within thr 3 day period and let them know you need more time because the package has been misplaced. They’ve always been good about extending the time. I’ve been selling and buying with them since 2016 and apart from a few frustrating experiences, it’s been positive

Thank you for re-assuring, that's what I thought. I can see the buyer went ballistic and contacted support via different channels. PM support hasn't reached me directly (a good sign) and responded to her only in conversation that they had addressed her issue already.
I'm really amazed how people have guts to demand cancellation after shipping? I cancel accidental orders all the time, some people don't lock their phones, no problem, but through the offer? and it's a well-thought out price, nothing looks erroneous there.
I can still retrieve the package if I dropped it to local PO during working hours, I can come back and ask for it with id. I can't do it at central PO, because they process everything right away. When it's been picked up from the residence at the end of the day, I can't chase after their track at night.
Though PM told that *canceller* it's impossible to do after shipping, now she opened the case. I knew it would be this or rejected package, which she probably couldn't do so she went to open a SNAD case. On the 3rd day of wearing the item she claims clasp is loose. I had it in description, it was explicitly mentioned and for her lowball offer that was beyond fair price. Now case is in review and my payment is on hold. I knew she was fishy. False claim about accidental offer, multiple emails to PM to cancel after shipping, now case on the 3rd day of wearing the item. Also she removed all her items for sale after her first cancellation attempt failed. = red flag. So annoying.