Buying Kate Spade from Zappos. Legit?

susan49

Dec 18, 2020
Hello everyone. Just wondered if anyone here has purchased Kate Spade from Zappos? Just based on google results for “Does Zappos sell knockoffs?”, it would appear that they are legit. I’m only concerned because the bag I’m looking at, the Spade Flowered Jacquard Medium Market Tote, is 30% less at Zappos than at every other site including KS.com. Also the dimensions provided by Zappos differ from the dimensions I’m finding at every other site.
So does Zappos sell the same bags as katespade.com, or are they a discount version more like an outlet bag?
Anybody have any experience with this? Any info is appreciated.
C177EC5F-7BE0-458B-AA04-BF6BD325BA79.png577E62B1-BFAE-4A1F-AD6D-18CEFC662496.png

My understanding is yes they are legit. Zappos buys a limited number of styles in bulk and has no brick & mortor retail spaces which allows them to offer lower prices. Zappos is owned by Amazon and also sells goods on Amazon, so if you have Amazon credit to use, you may get further savings. They have a good return policy too.

My understanding is yes they are legit. Zappos buys a limited number of styles in bulk and has no brick & mortor retail spaces which allows them to offer lower prices. Zappos is owned by Amazon and also sells goods on Amazon, so if you have Amazon credit to use, you may get further savings. They have a good return policy too.
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid this was a “too good to be true“ deal. The Zappos price has gone down even further since I posted this question, even though the bag is still full price at every other retailer. I think I’ll jump on this asap!

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid this was a “too good to be true“ deal. The Zappos price has gone down even further since I posted this question, even though the bag is still full price at every other retailer. I think I’ll jump on this asap!
I recently ordered a Kate Spade Sutton tote from Amazon that was sold by Zappos, because I missed the extra discount promo Kate Spade had and the bag was a little cheaper than that price I missed out on. The bag I got was pristine: fully wrapped and stuffed with the dust bag in an actual box (because it was Amazon I was worried it would come unstuffed in an envelope). It looked just like it had shipped new direct from Kate Spade.

I recently ordered a Kate Spade Sutton tote from Amazon that was sold by Zappos, because I missed the extra discount promo Kate Spade had and the bag was a little cheaper than that price I missed out on. The bag I got was pristine: fully wrapped and stuffed with the dust bag in an actual box (because it was Amazon I was worried it would come unstuffed in an envelope). It looked just like it had shipped new direct from Kate Spade.
Thanks for replying. I’m glad to hear the bag you got was authentic and well packaged. I’ve placed my order and I’m waiting for shipment now. It’s a relief to hear your transaction went well. Enjoy!

Haven't bought a KS bag, but I did buy sandals which were 100% authentic, as I tried on in the store beforehand. Sometimes this site keeps original prices of items which have already gone on sale at the brick and mortar stores, so it's best to comparison shop. BTW, the website 6pm.com I believe is Zappo's "sale " site, but usually by then stuff is leftover from other seasons.

Reactions: susan49