Does anyone use Poshmark?

Glad that went well @youngster.
I had the most RIDICULOUS experience with Poshmark last week. I’ve had nothing but good experiences purchasing designer items from sellers there (I always check their feedback, ask for extra measurements or photos if needed, & only deal with people who are honest and respectful. I’ve had no issues with their authentication dept either, personally, knock on wood.)
I began selling a few items: luxury bags, luxury lingerie, luxury name-brand jewelry. Mostly NWT or NWOT. Some went through authentication where Poshmark verified to the seller that eg yes, this was indeed NWT genuine (name-brand) diamond jewelry of x carats in genuine 14k white gold exactly as depicted and described, and the buyer was thrilled! Similarly with luxury or mid-range shoes. I also listed a few cheaper items just to boost my feedback notes
and reputation, since buyers don’t always leave public comments on luxury NWT lingerie lol (not racy—I think it’s just a personal thing). I had this mid-level purse that was originally $200ish I’d bought for my cousin for school during the pandemic, but she ended up growing out of it (couldn’t go out to school anyway) & I didn’t know anyone who could use it, so I listed it NWOT for less than $100 just to get some more feedback since I was new at selling. The usual procedure as I would with a far more expensive authenticated item: photos from all angles and lighting, inside compartments, bottom, all measurements etc.
No one’s buying it, I’m moving, and it’s more of a teenager’s purse. I ought to have donated it but…This buyer offers me $50 for it. I should’ve known this was a warning sign but it was the holiday spirit, I was sending out gifts anyway so why not, maybe she had a kid? I say $60 & send it out the next day neatly wrapped. The buyer contacts me and demands a refund from my personal bank account (??) (against policy!! FFS) on the sole reason that ‘This purse did not fit’.

The purse. With measurements and photos given. Did not fit.

Zero complaints that it was not BNWOT, not as advertised, not as depicted, full of pet hair or smoke or perfume, (I advertise as selling from a pet-free smoke-free perfume-free home as that’s my current living situation), dirty, etc.
No. The purse doesn’t fit. Specifically the shoulder strap is too short. The measurements of the strap are given in inches right there in the listing, and there are photos of the strap.

What? Also, Poshmark doesn’t allow returns based on ‘does not fit’! I explain politely and respectfully that I have no control over returns, or is against rules (and bizarre) to ask me to refund her personally, the measurements were in the listing, please read return guidelines, kindly take it up with Poshmark through their system.

Here is the issue: it is clear from the images that I am half East-Asian (Korean/Francophone country) & petite. What I suspect is the buyer ignored the measurement in inches and might be taller, so the bag strap could be shorter under their arm than they imagined. Otherwise how a bag ‘doesn’t fit’ is beyond me. Still. You can’t return items on poshmark if correctly labelled simply because they don’t fit your physique! It’s against policy.
Then she (I am assuming this is their gender identity from the name) gets nasty. Like…stopping this short of accusing me of cheating her out of $60 because that’s what you people do. But she’s careful with the language…stops just short of saying it. If you’ve ever been discriminated against on any basis (race, gender, religion, creed, orientation, size, disability, anything etc, but I’m talking race especially here IME) when you know, you know. Wow, I didn’t know Belgians had such a stereotype for being despicable, inscrutable counterfeit cheats. A $60 bag, Madame? Not a $600 or $6000 one?? Why would I waste money pulling a con when everyone who’s bought luxury Poshmark-authenticated jewelry, bags, watches & lingerie have been really happy, commented publicly that they arrived ‘pristine’ ‘without even a speck of dust’ ‘perfectly packed’ and/or gave 5 stars—why is this woman wasting her life; I realise $60 is a lot for some people in this economy so I can sympathise. I’ve been a struggling skint student where $60 would’ve been too much. But there is ZERO need to make this offensive and disrespectful and personal—plus the lying? And did I mention the veiled racism?
I page Poshmark Support to step in, & ignore her.
While I’m waiting, she informs me her daughter has arrived and agrees the ‘bag does not fit!!’ ‘the strap’s too short’, and that I have lied and misled her (in cruder language) The measurements were listed right there in inches. As an experiment, I give them my (verifiable—former model) height in centimeters in case this is some Imperial to Metric issue (even then this is no excuse) & show how a Chanel bag w/ a 2 inch longer strap hits on my height & explain politely and respectfully, might you not have considered how this strap length would wear on you? (Again, she’s violated 3 Poshmark rules & counting in this return harassment.)
Poshmark support arrives. The customer is always right! Immediately they urge the disrespectful (understatement…) buyer to submit photos of the issue. I guarantee she’s going to cake it in mud or rip it to pieces or something horrid before sending snaps. Later I get an email from Poshmark saying they do not tolerate harassment and will take action, whatever that means, but I’ve still not been paid. It’s not the $48 (minus commission) –it’s the principle that they’re prioritising this buyer and harassment over their own rules, regulations, and simple human decency.

We all have to start somewhere, but if selling on Poshmark, I’d highly recommend buying something first so you have good feedback, and only selling to people who have good buyer feedback and don’t try to haggle ridiculously. Warning signs. Ugh. I hope she isn’t pulling this on anyone else.

Glad that went well @youngster.
I had the most RIDICULOUS experience with Poshmark last week. I’ve had nothing but good experiences purchasing designer items from sellers there (I always check their feedback, ask for extra measurements or photos if needed, & only deal with people who are honest and respectful. I’ve had no issues with their authentication dept either, personally, knock on wood.)
I began selling a few items: luxury bags, luxury lingerie, luxury name-brand jewelry. Mostly NWT or NWOT. Some went through authentication where Poshmark verified to the seller that eg yes, this was indeed NWT genuine (name-brand) diamond jewelry of x carats in genuine 14k white gold exactly as depicted and described, and the buyer was thrilled! Similarly with luxury or mid-range shoes. I also listed a few cheaper items just to boost my feedback notes
and reputation, since buyers don’t always leave public comments on luxury NWT lingerie lol (not racy—I think it’s just a personal thing). I had this mid-level purse that was originally $200ish I’d bought for my cousin for school during the pandemic, but she ended up growing out of it (couldn’t go out to school anyway) & I didn’t know anyone who could use it, so I listed it NWOT for less than $100 just to get some more feedback since I was new at selling. The usual procedure as I would with a far more expensive authenticated item: photos from all angles and lighting, inside compartments, bottom, all measurements etc.
No one’s buying it, I’m moving, and it’s more of a teenager’s purse. I ought to have donated it but…This buyer offers me $50 for it. I should’ve known this was a warning sign but it was the holiday spirit, I was sending out gifts anyway so why not, maybe she had a kid? I say $60 & send it out the next day neatly wrapped. The buyer contacts me and demands a refund from my personal bank account (??) (against policy!! FFS) on the sole reason that ‘This purse did not fit’.

The purse. With measurements and photos given. Did not fit.

Zero complaints that it was not BNWOT, not as advertised, not as depicted, full of pet hair or smoke or perfume, (I advertise as selling from a pet-free smoke-free perfume-free home as that’s my current living situation), dirty, etc.
No. The purse doesn’t fit. Specifically the shoulder strap is too short. The measurements of the strap are given in inches right there in the listing, and there are photos of the strap.

What? Also, Poshmark doesn’t allow returns based on ‘does not fit’! I explain politely and respectfully that I have no control over returns, or is against rules (and bizarre) to ask me to refund her personally, the measurements were in the listing, please read return guidelines, kindly take it up with Poshmark through their system.

Here is the issue: it is clear from the images that I am half East-Asian (Korean/Francophone country) & petite. What I suspect is the buyer ignored the measurement in inches and might be taller, so the bag strap could be shorter under their arm than they imagined. Otherwise how a bag ‘doesn’t fit’ is beyond me. Still. You can’t return items on poshmark if correctly labelled simply because they don’t fit your physique! It’s against policy.
Then she (I am assuming this is their gender identity from the name) gets nasty. Like…stopping this short of accusing me of cheating her out of $60 because that’s what you people do. But she’s careful with the language…stops just short of saying it. If you’ve ever been discriminated against on any basis (race, gender, religion, creed, orientation, size, disability, anything etc, but I’m talking race especially here IME) when you know, you know. Wow, I didn’t know Belgians had such a stereotype for being despicable, inscrutable counterfeit cheats. A $60 bag, Madame? Not a $600 or $6000 one?? Why would I waste money pulling a con when everyone who’s bought luxury Poshmark-authenticated jewelry, bags, watches & lingerie have been really happy, commented publicly that they arrived ‘pristine’ ‘without even a speck of dust’ ‘perfectly packed’ and/or gave 5 stars—why is this woman wasting her life; I realise $60 is a lot for some people in this economy so I can sympathise. I’ve been a struggling skint student where $60 would’ve been too much. But there is ZERO need to make this offensive and disrespectful and personal—plus the lying? And did I mention the veiled racism?
I page Poshmark Support to step in, & ignore her.
While I’m waiting, she informs me her daughter has arrived and agrees the ‘bag does not fit!!’ ‘the strap’s too short’, and that I have lied and misled her (in cruder language) The measurements were listed right there in inches. As an experiment, I give them my (verifiable—former model) height in centimeters in case this is some Imperial to Metric issue (even then this is no excuse) & show how a Chanel bag w/ a 2 inch longer strap hits on my height & explain politely and respectfully, might you not have considered how this strap length would wear on you? (Again, she’s violated 3 Poshmark rules & counting in this return harassment.)
Poshmark support arrives. The customer is always right! Immediately they urge the disrespectful (understatement…) buyer to submit photos of the issue. I guarantee she’s going to cake it in mud or rip it to pieces or something horrid before sending snaps. Later I get an email from Poshmark saying they do not tolerate harassment and will take action, whatever that means, but I’ve still not been paid. It’s not the $48 (minus commission) –it’s the principle that they’re prioritising this buyer and harassment over their own rules, regulations, and simple human decency.

We all have to start somewhere, but if selling on Poshmark, I’d highly recommend buying something first so you have good feedback, and only selling to people who have good buyer feedback and don’t try to haggle ridiculously. Warning signs. Ugh. I hope she isn’t pulling this on anyone else.
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Are you sure they aren't going to decide in your favor? I had one return from Posh. They told me what the buyer said and I had a chance to respond. They decided in the buyer's favor, which surprised me because I thought it was obvious she was lying, but it still went easy. I got my item back and it didn't cost me anything. I relisted it and the new buyer loved it. In future, I would avoid engaging with the buyer after the sale other than to tell them to take it up with Poshmark. I did have one other buyer contact me after the sale to explain why I didn't get a perfect 5 star review. It turned out it was an oversight on my part when I listed to specifically explain that something that normally comes with the item wasn't included. I had mentioned in the listing that nothing was included that wasn't pictured, but both the buyer and myself forgot that there should have been something else, and I regret that I didn't specifically mention it. I really didn't remember it should have been there and I couldn't apologize enough to the buyer. If it had been on ebay or another site, I would have taken a return or given a partial refund, but that wasn't possible on Poshmark.

The purse doesn’t fit. Specifically the shoulder strap is too short. The measurements of the strap are given in inches right there in the listing, and there are photos of the strap.

Here is the issue: it is clear from the images that I am half East-Asian (Korean/Francophone country) & petite.
Sorry to hear you're going through this. 1-2 out 100 buyers will be horrible, it's part of selling.
I had a couple of such buyers too, both went ballistic about BNWT designer bags. One claimed "it's a different bag" (all images, measurements, designer color name on tag and VIDEO provided). She was travelling and received the bag 5 days later, probably didn't want it any more. Second one opened the case for unknown to me reason (I blocked her bec she became really nasty "what are you pulling?"). She had a buyer remorse since I shipped the bag on 6th day (which I informed her right away, sellers have 7 days to ship). Also I'm petite (5'5 117 lbs) and mod picture, requested by another buyer probably confused her (the bag probably looked way smaller on her).
Both cases were closed in my favor because everything matches description on my side and bags were authenticated and verified by Posh. As for items with direct shipping, like yours, PM needs to see pics from the buyer. She needs to send pics with measuring tape.
They should side with you because it would match. Also they can remove her account for her hateful comments. It is not allowed. I agree with @whateve don't respond and ask her to deal directly with PM and not contact you again.

@whateve & @GemsBerry thanks so much for your input and understanding, sincerely I blocked the buyer after Poshmark Support stepped in, but while I was waiting for a rep to enter the conversation, she just kept on ranting—& I KNOW I shouldn’t have responded further, but I was so shocked that it had veered into veiled hateful/discriminatory comments apropos of nothing that I did reply, thinking this could count in my favour if the transcripts were reviewed (one side being polite ; the other, unreasonable & beyond that), making a point of asking her if we could keep this civil and respectful until Support arrived.
I hadn’t dealt with a return before (or selling items which fell under the $500 authentication policy). I did note in my response to PM themselves to please read my side of the conversation (until Support showed up & I blocked her) in that I was respectful, calm, and polite throughout in comparison to her…being ballistic.
It’s good to know she’ll have to prove I allegedly misrepresented the item with photographic evidence of measurements. Again, I’m concerned that she’ll dirty it up first before sending photos so I won’t be able to resell or even give it away, but she didn’t complain a whit about anything before Poshmark finally stepped in (must’ve been a busy day) except ‘it doesn’t fit’.

I sold on eBay before which is notorious for buyer fraud & scams, & miraculously escaped nasty buyers, but I kept hearing horror stories about buyers trashing items under the authentication limit or claiming they were fake & eBay siding with the buyer…& then there were some Cinq à Sept & Moncler that were sold out everywhere in my size but Poshmark had them, & I thought hey, this is pretty great because you can start a group dialogue vs eBay private messages (eg if one person posts asking for clarification, extra photos/description of any damage, everyone who views the listing can see the exchange and response).

@GemsBerry I’m so sorry that happened to you & you had to go through that hassle. What awful people!! I’m glad Posh sided with you in both cases, as they should; it reassures me as to the process. The nerve of that forst buyer—claiming she got the wrong bag when you provided all documentations, photos, even video (!) AND had it pass through Posh authentication so I don’t know how she thought she was going to get away with it. In the second case as well. I’m 163cm/46kg (5’3.75/102.5 lb), so clearly look of petite stature but do not give out stats, and while I can see why a bag could look smaller on a taller person, you HAD provided correct measurements, photographs, authentication so the buyer should’ve figured it out. There was absolutely no need for them to be rude and accusatory to you. I don’t get these people.
(& yeah—I didn’t have any modeling photos for that teenage-style purse (think cutesy designer, I figured it wasn’t worth it whereas if someone were to buy a Chanel or Saint Laurent off me I would do), but tbh she should have figured out where the purse drop would be situated based on her height (which I didn’t enquire). One of my other amateur mistake was not photographing a measuring tape to the shoulder strap only the bag L/W/D itself (since it was kind of tricky to photograph a measuring tape to a leather shoulder strap; easy to measure but the tape kept falling over).
But there were lots of lovely helpful people on the whole too. I don’t model clothes, I know some people do, but for clothes I’m usually selling for a relative who’s a different size (also I don’t like having random photos of me wearing clothes that don’t fit out there lol). I was new at selling anything that didn’t pass thru posh authentication first except some wellies & a couple coats & those buyers all had great feedback.
I’m experienced with what to measure for denim & can usually look up the rise/inseam/etc on the designer’s website, but one of the first clothing items I sold was a vintage coat, no standardized measurements. I wasn’t sure what to measure & admitted ‘I’m happy to help you so you can decide whether this will fit you or the recipient—just kindly let me know which measurements you need!’ Then a bunch of commentators helped me out & were awfully nice about it—where to place the measuring tape, whether to lay the coat flat or hang it up, could they see more of the lining, etc. So on the whole my experience has been pretty positive. I was on the lookout for fraud and rudeness but hateful insinuations of that nature, I was entirely unprepared.

@whateve : “I did have one other buyer contact me after the sale to explain why I didn't get a perfect 5 star review. It turned out it was an oversight on my part when I listed to specifically explain that something that normally comes with the item wasn't included. I had mentioned in the listing that nothing was included that wasn't pictured, but both the buyer and myself forgot that there should have been something else, and I regret that I didn't specifically mention it. I really didn't remember it should have been there and I couldn't apologize enough to the buyer. If it had been on ebay or another site, I would have taken a return or given a partial refund, but that wasn't possible on Poshmark”
That sounds like you’re a commendably honest, courteous and polite seller and human being, frankly. Most people wouldn’t even go that far! I’m glad it resolved well enough as could be hoped; unfortunately these things happen. An incident like that— an honest mistake where your description was truthful—& both you and the buyer were respectful and in agreement about the fact that you had described the items correctly…your exemplary conduct there wouldn’t stop me from ever purchasing from you, for instance! Also I’m happy the other return went well (weird that Posh sided with them…these decisions are so random depending on who’s handling the case I guess?) in that you received your item back in perfect condition. I’m sure your new buyer was elated, especially dealing with someone so helpful and courteous!
I’m waiting for Posh to get back to me considering the buyer conduct. Looking back at the disparity between the messages before Support showed & I blocked, it’s almost a comedy if it wasn’t so upsetting & horrid (& worrying if the buyer is/has pulled this before) The only thing is she did not use any racial slurs so I hope whoever looks at the email can read between the lines of what the buyer is hatefully insinuating.

Last edited:
@whateve & @GemsBerry thanks so much for your input and understanding, sincerely I blocked the buyer after Poshmark Support stepped in, but while I was waiting for a rep to enter the conversation, she just kept on ranting—& I KNOW I shouldn’t have responded further, but I was so shocked that it had veered into veiled hateful/discriminatory comments apropos of nothing that I did reply, thinking this could count in my favour if the transcripts were reviewed (one side being polite ; the other, unreasonable & beyond that), making a point of asking her if we could keep this civil and respectful until Support arrived.
I hadn’t dealt with a return before (or selling items which fell under the $500 authentication policy). I did note in my response to PM themselves to please read my side of the conversation (until Support showed up & I blocked her) in that I was respectful, calm, and polite throughout in comparison to her…being ballistic.
It’s good to know she’ll have to prove I allegedly misrepresented the item with photographic evidence of measurements. Again, I’m concerned that she’ll dirty it up first before sending photos so I won’t be able to resell or even give it away, but she didn’t complain a whit about anything before Poshmark finally stepped in (must’ve been a busy day) except ‘it doesn’t fit’.

I sold on eBay before which is notorious for buyer fraud & scams, & miraculously escaped nasty buyers, but I kept hearing horror stories about buyers trashing items under the authentication limit or claiming they were fake & eBay siding with the buyer…& then there were some Cinq à Sept & Moncler that were sold out everywhere in my size but Poshmark had them, & I thought hey, this is pretty great because you can start a group dialogue vs eBay private messages (eg if one person posts asking for clarification, extra photos/description of any damage, everyone who views the listing can see the exchange and response).

@GemsBerry I’m so sorry that happened to you & you had to go through that hassle. What awful people!! I’m glad Posh sided with you in both cases, as they should; it reassures me as to the process. The nerve of that forst buyer—claiming she got the wrong bag when you provided all documentations, photos, even video (!) AND had it pass through Posh authentication so I don’t know how she thought she was going to get away with it. In the second case as well. I’m 163cm/46kg (5’3.75/102.5 lb), so clearly look of petite stature but do not give out stats, and while I can see why a bag could look smaller on a taller person, you HAD provided correct measurements, photographs, authentication so the buyer should’ve figured it out. There was absolutely no need for them to be rude and accusatory to you. I don’t get these people.
(& yeah—I didn’t have any modeling photos for that teenage-style purse (think cutesy designer, I figured it wasn’t worth it whereas if someone were to buy a Chanel or Saint Laurent off me I would do), but tbh she should have figured out where the purse drop would be situated based on her height (which I didn’t enquire). One of my other amateur mistake was not photographing a measuring tape to the shoulder strap only the bag L/W/D itself (since it was kind of tricky to photograph a measuring tape to a leather shoulder strap; easy to measure but the tape kept falling over).
But there were lots of lovely helpful people on the whole too. I don’t model clothes, I know some people do, but for clothes I’m usually selling for a relative who’s a different size (also I don’t like having random photos of me wearing clothes that don’t fit out there lol). I was new at selling anything that didn’t pass thru posh authentication first except some wellies & a couple coats & those buyers all had great feedback.
I’m experienced with what to measure for denim & can usually look up the rise/inseam/etc on the designer’s website, but one of the first clothing items I sold was a vintage coat, no standardized measurements. I wasn’t sure what to measure & admitted ‘I’m happy to help you so you can decide whether this will fit you or the recipient—just kindly let me know which measurements you need!’ Then a bunch of commentators helped me out & were awfully nice about it—where to place the measuring tape, whether to lay the coat flat or hang it up, could they see more of the lining, etc. So on the whole my experience has been pretty positive. I was on the lookout for fraud and rudeness but hateful insinuations of that nature, I was entirely unprepared.

@whateve : “I did have one other buyer contact me after the sale to explain why I didn't get a perfect 5 star review. It turned out it was an oversight on my part when I listed to specifically explain that something that normally comes with the item wasn't included. I had mentioned in the listing that nothing was included that wasn't pictured, but both the buyer and myself forgot that there should have been something else, and I regret that I didn't specifically mention it. I really didn't remember it should have been there and I couldn't apologize enough to the buyer. If it had been on ebay or another site, I would have taken a return or given a partial refund, but that wasn't possible on Poshmark”
That sounds like you’re a commendably honest, courteous and polite seller and human being, frankly. Most people wouldn’t even go that far! I’m glad it resolved well enough as could be hoped; unfortunately these things happen. An incident like that— an honest mistake where your description was truthful—& both you and the buyer were respectful and in agreement about the fact that you had described the items correctly…your exemplary conduct there wouldn’t stop me from ever purchasing from you, for instance! Also I’m happy the other return went well (weird that Posh sided with them…these decisions are so random depending on who’s handling the case I guess?) in that you received your item back in perfect condition. I’m sure your new buyer was elated, especially dealing with someone so helpful and courteous!
I’m waiting for Posh to get back to me considering the buyer conduct. Looking back at the disparity between the messages before Support showed & I blocked, it’s almost a comedy if it wasn’t so upsetting & horrid (& worrying if the buyer is/has pulled this before) The only thing is she did not use any racial slurs so I hope whoever looks at the email can read between the lines of what the buyer is hatefully insinuating.
On ebay, I had at least 3 of those nightmare buyers. 1. A buyer cut a thread purposely to force a return. 2. I sold a planner, complete with inserts. When it was returned, the inserts were missing, and ebay said I could do nothing about it. 3. A buyer loved the purse, posted all about it on her Facebook, then opened a not as described claim. Since ebay always sides with buyers, I accepted the return. She returned her old beat-up purse instead of the one she bought from me. It wasn't a lot of money so ebay let her get her money back but also paid me. Not long after that, she was kicked off ebay. I'm sure she did it to someone else. I have others in which I've either accepted a return or just given a complete refund to get rid of the problem. That's what you have to do on ebay. That's why I'm selling mostly on Poshmark now.

I feel I could have had much worse experiences than I've had. At least I haven't had any huge losses on expensive items.

No update…. Except ever since support got in the chat and I blocked this horrid woman, poshmark paged me but I can’t figure out what’s going on. (Since I blocked the buyer). Again, it’s not money, it’s the principle.

If I bought an LV or Chanel & it had damage that was not indicated (altho authentication should note this) I would be infuriated. This buyer gets a girl’s purse that she apparently intends for herself (no judgement everyone’s got their own style) and decides based on what she thinks is my ethnicity (and is totally wrong), I’m a cheat. The last message I can access (all identification redacted) I wouldn’t usually do this, but hate is not cool. And I feel like the poshmark support person is fed up bc they barged in 4 days later like ‘you have 24h to submit a claim that makes sense’ so I assume the other few days the buyer was talking hate & gross stuff.

Otoh I quit eBay but just had the loveliest transaction, someone bought a sapphire cocktail ring where I supplied measurements using a lab device, & I feel pretty great about it! They have great feedback but haven’t paid up which concerns me since I’m now wary... (I prefer buying IRL to online myself, so I’m always measuring / photographing things like crazy; I only buy online if I know the brand sizing)

251DBC55-F568-4967-A5C7-9F03E9AD8916.jpeg

Last edited:
This is now a farce.
The buyer opened up a case. Fine. They included a photo of how the bag ‘does not fit’. I am going to go matter of fact here. Often I look at really beautiful brassieres in magazines or boutiques, but I’m small-chested & they aren’t made in my size. When I was a teenager I wanted to get implants, but got over that idea & learnt to accept my body. I’ll never get to wear those beautiful bras.
This buyer could wear all those beautiful bras I dreamt of, and if they were a civil person, I would hope they would if they ever wanted to do so. A photo is attached in the case. The shoulder bag ‘does not fit’….because they have put it across their bust.
?
I don’t wish to assume, but they appear to have English as a first language, and used it to say some nasty things to Poshmark themselves which I will not repeat, ending with ‘I will not pay for this bag’. Poshmark asks if I have any comments. I repeat the measurements were there; the buyer complained I did not refund her out my bank account (against policy strike 2), shoulder strap is described and depicted as adjustable (I suspect the buyer is wearing it on the tightest strap for drama), and if the measurements were wrong then of course I am at fault and will graciously accept my error. If the buyer can prove with a reliable tape measure or lab equipment that the measurements were inaccurate, I acknowledge this. I highly doubt this due to their attitude. I would just dismiss this as a time-waster if not for the racism which really…I don’t care where you’re from or how you identify as long as you are polite, kind, honest and decent. I have no idea whom the people I bought clothes from are like, only that they sent them perfectly as described and one even took an extra photo for me when I asked about a part of a jacket. If Posh sides with this buyer who has used hateful innuendo, I’m upset.

Last edited:
This is now a farce.
The buyer opened up a case. Fine. They included a photo of how the bag ‘does not fit’. I am going to go matter of fact here. Often I look at really beautiful brassieres in magazines or boutiques, but I’m small-chested & they aren’t made in my size. When I was a teenager I wanted to get implants, but got over that idea & learnt to accept my body. I’ll never get to wear those beautiful bras.
This buyer could wear all those beautiful bras I dreamt of, and if they were a civil person, I would hope they would if they ever wanted to do so. A photo is attached in the case. The shoulder bag ‘does not fit’….because they have put it across their bust.
?
I don’t wish to assume, but they appear to have English as a first language, and used it to say some nasty things to Poshmark themselves which I will not repeat, ending with ‘I will not pay for this bag’. Poshmark asks if I have any comments. I repeat the measurements were there; the buyer complained I did not refund her out my bank account (against policy strike 2), shoulder strap is described and depicted as adjustable (I suspect the buyer is wearing it on the tightest strap for drama), and if the measurements were wrong then of course I am at fault and will graciously accept my error. If the buyer can prove with a reliable tape measure or lab equipment that the measurements were inaccurate, I acknowledge this. I highly doubt this due to their attitude. I would just dismiss this as a time-waster if not for the racism which really…I don’t care where you’re from or how you identify as long as you are polite, kind, honest and decent. I have no idea whom the people I bought clothes from are like, only that they sent them perfectly as described and one even took an extra photo for me when I asked about a part of a jacket. If Posh sides with this buyer who has used hateful innuendo, I’m upset.
The buyer is a nutjob. It doesn't fit her bust it's her problem. Nobody, none of the brands or re-sellers ever promise something would "fit" someone. Esp it's ridic to hear for bags.
The nastier she becomes against you and against PM the higher the chance her account will be removed for good.

thanks everyone. Like I said I’m fortunate in that losing $48 sucks but I’m in a position in life where it’s not a big deal, I won’t starve, this buyer is a nutjob, whatever.

Everyone I’ve interacted with on Purseforum has been chill and fun and understands being weirdly racist isn’t cool.

It’s the undercurrent of racism in this Poshmark case that bothers me, and I do not say this lightly. If Posh sides with the photo of a Hallmark-holiday-movie mom practically strangling herself with a teenager’s handbag against a polite mixed-race person and her close lawyer friend (Harvard JD and incidentally, Black: we were talking and he was shocked at the language the buyer let slide) and empirical evidence, something isn’t right. It’s not about me. It’s about: do you think this is a viable strategy for your platform? Everyone should be welcomed as long as they don’t break the rules.

oh my God. I would not carry on about this online if I’d bought a damaged/not as depicted LV or Chanel or Givenchy (which should be noted via authentication anyway), I’d seek other courses of action quietly. it’s just gone mad. I shared this privately with a few friends because of the disparity between the messages I can read (sent to poshmark), and the buyer has definitely taken the photo at a slanted perspective such that there is a second messsage visible despite block saying ‘She is uncooperative. I sent the pics you asked for’. Buyer, I can’t see your messages because I blocked you for being horrible. If poshmark allows this I’ll be really sad as I love the stuff I bought from there (except the jeans that didn’t fit but that’s my bad)
Get a hobby.
If my measurements were off, (again I doubt it) I fully accept this as a problem. But the photo and the language… this is not acceptable. I thought this was a safe place to shop and sell as I had great experiences buying, and selling eg diamond jewelry and designer bags. I wanted to assure the buyer that they would get exactly what was measured, validated and depicted.
I shared this conversation with my lawyer pal who’s a professor at a top U.S. university you’ve probably heard of (old classmate). He’s thinking of using it as an example in his next course, all identifying info retracted of course. It is that insane. It could have been resolved easily if Posh had stepped in and said ‘You’ve violated policy, this is not a condition for return, and veiled racism is not condoned here’.

• Sad
Reactions: PikaboICU
oh my God. I would not carry on about this online if I’d bought a damaged/not as depicted LV or Chanel or Givenchy (which should be noted via authentication anyway), I’d seek other courses of action quietly. it’s just gone mad. I shared this privately with a few friends because of the disparity between the messages I can read (sent to poshmark), and the buyer has definitely taken the photo at a slanted perspective such that there is a second messsage visible despite block saying ‘She is uncooperative. I sent the pics you asked for’. Buyer, I can’t see your messages because I blocked you for being horrible. If poshmark allows this I’ll be really sad as I love the stuff I bought from there (except the jeans that didn’t fit but that’s my bad)
Get a hobby.
If my measurements were off, (again I doubt it) I fully accept this as a problem. But the photo and the language… this is not acceptable. I thought this was a safe place to shop and sell as I had great experiences buying, and selling eg diamond jewelry and designer bags. I wanted to assure the buyer that they would get exactly what was measured, validated and depicted.
I shared this conversation with my lawyer pal who’s a professor at a top U.S. university you’ve probably heard of (old classmate). He’s thinking of using it as an example in his next course, all identifying info retracted of course. It is that insane. It could have been resolved easily if Posh had stepped in and said ‘You’ve violated policy, this is not a condition for return, and veiled racism is not condoned here’.

Ok sweetie take a deep breath.. Inhale, exhale slowly..

I've read through this and I completely understand why you're upset.
That person is obnoxious, rude, immoral and dishonest. PERIOD
However, you can't control what other people do, you can only control your reaction to it.
They are WRONG, you are RIGHT, you know this but sadly, sometimes crazy idiots get away with this stuff.

Do NOT allow this person into your head & heart anymore than they have already invaded.
The amount is NOT worth all this stress & emotional pain. Let PM do their thing, hopefully they side with you but if they don't, do NOT implode over this.
There are some really and I mean seriously nutty people out there and some terrible, "entitled" buyers too.
Remember there are far more decent, caring and nice folks out there as well.

I just had somebody hack one of my accounts, on the 10th. They ordered using my credit card but forgot to change the email address on my account so I received a "thank for for your purchase" email immediately. I jumped through all the hoops, closed my CC, changed the password on the merchant account, called them & they cancelled the transaction BUT the tracking continued to update. I called FedEx, they wouldn't let ME cancel or recall the package because I wasn't the shipper. I called the merchant everyday, multiple times, explained they needed to recall the package. They never did. The package delivered to the crook this morning!
Now all that said, I am extremely angry, in fact FURIOUS that the thief has benefited from this fraud. I was refunded but honestly I would rather pay the money and have them NOT get the package. But it's beyond my control. I did what I could, I was honest, I was diligent and they still got the "stolen" items.

Honestly, you have done all you can do as did I. Sometimes the bad guys still win but they win again if we allow them to invade our thoughts and steal our joy. Don't let that awful person have anymore control over you.

I'm still hopeful PM will side with you..:angel: If they do, all your stress and anguish if for naught.
Hang in there!!! It will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end! :love:

Last edited:
Ok sweetie take a deep breath.. Inhale, exhale slowly..

I've read through this and I completely understand why you're upset.
That person is obnoxious, rude, immoral and dishonest. PERIOD
However, you can't control what other people do, you can only control your reaction to it.
They are WRONG, you are RIGHT, you know this but sadly, sometimes crazy idiots get away with this stuff.

Do NOT allow this person into your head & heart anymore than they have already invaded.
The amount is NOT worth all this stress & emotional pain. Let PM do their thing, hopefully they side with you but if they don't, do NOT implode over this.
There are some really and I mean seriously nutty people out there and some terrible, "entitled" buyers too.
Remember there are far more decent, caring and nice folks out there as well.

I just had somebody hack one of my accounts, on the 10th. They ordered using my credit card but forgot to change the email address on my account so I received a "thank for for your purchase" email immediately. I jumped through all the hoops, closed my CC, changed the password on the merchant account, called them & they cancelled the transaction BUT the tracking continued to update. I called FedEx, they wouldn't let ME cancel or recall the package because I wasn't the shipper. I called the merchant everyday, multiple times, explained they needed to recall the package. They never did. The package delivered to the crook this morning!
Now all that said, I am extremely angry, in fact FURIOUS that the thief has benefited from this fraud. I was refunded but honestly I would rather pay the money and have them NOT get the package. But it's beyond my control. I did what I could, I was honest, I was diligent and they still got the "stolen" items.

Honestly, you have done all you can do as did I. Sometimes the bad guys still win but they win again if we allow them to invade our thoughts and steal our joy. Don't let that awful person have anymore control over you.

I'm still hopeful PM will side with you..:angel: If they do, all your stress and anguish if for naught.
Hang in there!!! It will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end! :love:
@PikaboICU
*takes a deep breath*
Thank you. :heart:
I needed to hear your wisdom.
I'm not going to let this buyer into my head.
I knew I was being hyperdramatic and I didn't want to come off as a drama queen... if this was just some scammer I'd be annoyed & not put it on a forum. I work in an intersection of fashion, video and tech (without divulging -- being vague).
for Poshmark these are the worst possible optics in terms of entrepreneurship but I digress.
Obviously I think everyone can tell what got to me is not money, but the racist undertones here, the harassment, and if PM sides with the buyer it is tacit endorsement of this behaviour. Which means I am not special, I am one of many being dismissed.
I got a really weird email saying that since I blocked the buyer, I can't see what they are saying (Probably it's unrepeatable or unreasonable or, worse) but that PM will factor the buyer's testimony into account.
I have enough ethics not to show the things the buyer wrote. If that's legitimate accountability per posh... this is so stupid
They're also using visual trickery/angles.

That whole debacle with identity theft, your credit card, the scammer and Fedex, I am so sorry! Yeah you got your money refunded but again - it's the principle that someone is sitting pretty with an item they bought using your CC and smirking.

Like you said : '

Thank
you sincerely for your support, kindness and honesty!!! and the reality check. I wish you well and all the joy in the world. let's not let them steal our sunshine :smile:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PikaboICU
@PikaboICU
*takes a deep breath*
Thank you. :heart:
I needed to hear your wisdom.
I'm not going to let this buyer into my head.
I knew I was being hyperdramatic and I didn't want to come off as a drama queen... if this was just some scammer I'd be annoyed & not put it on a forum. I work in an intersection of fashion, video and tech (without divulging -- being vague). These are the worst possible optics in terms of entrepreneurship but I digress.
Obviously I think everyone can tell what got to me is not money, but the racist undertones here, the harassment, and if PM sides with the buyer it is tacit endorsement of this behaviour. Which means I am not special, I am one of many being dismissed.
I got a really weird email saying that since I blocked the buyer, I can't see what they are saying (Probably it's unrepeatable or unreasonable or, worse) but that PM will factor the buyer's testimony into account.
I have enough ethics not to show the things the buyer wrote. If that's legitimate accountability per posh... this is so stupid
They're also using visual trickery/angles.

That whole debacle with identity theft, your credit card, the scammer and Fedex, I am so sorry! Yeah you got your money refunded but again - it's the principle that someone is sitting pretty with an item they bought using your CC and smirking.

Like you said : '

Thank
you sincerely for your support, kindness and honesty!!! and the reality check. I wish you well and all the joy in the world. let's not let them steal our sunshine :smile:

Thank you so much. :hugs:

I feel your pain.. I think the pain from her biased attitude is what really upset you.
I get it, my son's GF is biracial and she moved in with us at the start of covid (they are both adults in their mid 20's). She was afraid of racism because we're in a very small, rural town. Anyway, I assured her people around here do NOT care about that and if anyone did say anything untoward or treat her badly that they would regret it.
She has had nothing but kindness from the folks around here and I am glad.

I often remind people that; flowers are beautiful but if all flowers were roses, roses would be weeds.
Humans are a wonderful field of flowers, all colors, shapes & sizes, this is the BEAUTY of people.
I think we can all imagine how boring & lacking in beauty people would be if we all looked the same.

You have yourself a grand weekend full of joy and love.. :love:
Big HUGS from me..

They're also using visual trickery/angles

Oh my goodness, this sounds like a nightmare! I’ve sold on Poshmark for years (since 2014 I think?) and I’ve had some interesting interactions with buyers. I have learned the ones who offer half your listing price? Are usually trouble (unless you have it listed high…which I sometimes do….it’s an interesting platform to sell on). I get demands for me to gift/sell cheap items for 1/10th of what it’s listed for too! I don’t have my Poshmark tied to my Instagram anymore, and I shut my blog down, so that helps some of it. But wow.

I hope in your case Poshmark sides with you. I had a buyer demand a refund and open a case for an item that was “too small”. But I sold on eBay for years, I know the drill, I post so many photos and ALL measurements possible! Heck I have a disclaimer on shoes “here’s the measurements, please measure your own foot”. And I still get messages “I’m a size 9.5, will these fit?” That’s such a loaded question, as what brand are you a 9.5 in?! I wear anywhere from a 7.5-9.5 depending on the brand, the shoe and the material. LOL

In the meantime, deep breath. You did nothing wrong and just figure this buyer is going through something or lives a really sad life to act like this over a handbag.

❤️❤️❤️