What do you guys think about a C de Cartier necklace? Is it worth the money for a 0.25 carat diamond?

@WingNut

I went to my favorite place, lol. The setting is stunning and from the side you can see the whole stone, culet and all! I adore this solitaire. Nothing compares imo!
This one is .61 H colored stone vvs1

I will be getting .33 H and vs2
I love this piece!!
I also tried on 100k Cd Cartier diamond studs. WOW is all I can say. View attachment 5635828

View attachment 5635832View attachment 5635833
Do you mind sharing the price? Also, is this YG or RG? Thank you.

I just purchased mine right before the new year and am still having mixed feelings. I love the YG but it only comes in .5 or larger. I feel like its slightly too large of a diamond, if there's such a thing... Does it look too large?

My studs are also half a carat and I feel like this looks larger thus over powers them. I've been wanting this necklace for awhile and initially went for the WG but returned it. It was a huge price difference btw.

tempImageRSXQQq.png

C962193B-FE54-4294-BCA4-769DC073DD89_1_201_a.jpeg

I just purchased mine right before the new year and am still having mixed feelings. I love the YG but it only comes in .5 or larger. I feel like its slightly too large of a diamond, if there's such a thing... Does it look too large?

My studs are also half a carat and I feel like this looks larger thus over powers them. I've been wanting this necklace for awhile and initially went for the WG but returned it. It was a huge price difference btw.

View attachment 5682747

View attachment 5682748

It's because of the setting. This particular setting makes the diamond appear larger. I felt the same way when I tried them on in .30 and .50. I felt the .50 was just too big and bold for me.

Although it generally is ideal to have a larger diamond, in this particular design, I preferred the .30 because it didn't look as big and bold but rather more dainty and elegant, which I thought was more stunning. Also, with the C de Cartier design, the larger the carat weight of the diamond, the bigger the setting. Therefore, it not only looks more square, but it also looks too bold in my opinion.

I only prefer the 1895 design for bigger diamonds like .50.

If you go back in this thread, I have some pics of both designs. (Actually it may be in the "Cartier necklaces" thread.)

Last edited:

I think it looks great! I feel like .5ct is the best size for a dainty diamond necklace. I think something smaller wouldn’t do the diamond justice

It's because of the setting. This particular setting makes the diamond appear larger. I felt the same way when I tried them on in .30 and .50. I felt the .50 was just too big and bold for me.

Although it generally is ideal to have a larger diamond, in this particular design, I preferred the .30 because it didn't look as big and bold but rather more dainty and elegant, which I thought was more stunning. Also, with the C de Cartier design, the larger the carat weight of the diamond, the bigger the setting. Therefore, it not only looks more square, but it also looks too bold in my opinion.

I only prefer the 1895 design for bigger diamonds like .50.

If you go back in this thread, I have some pics of both designs. (Actually it may be in the "Cartier necklaces" thread.)
Thank you, I'll take another look at the posts.

Reactions: Chaton

View attachment 5682747

View attachment 5682748
no, i don't find it too big at all, looks stunning to me! :smile: I'm sure it will go well with everything!! although i might be biased as i just ordered the same necklace (in wg haha).

I have a C de Cartier diamond pendant. Considering a smaller size to add. (.24)
I also like the 1895 pendant (.2)
wondering if either are too small
would it not make sense to add another CdC?
I have the lg legere And realize a bezel setting is not my favorite
as a side note Cartier diamonds are brilliant cut and to me they sparkle beautifully

I have a shopping appt at Cartier on Monday AM and will be trying some different sizes on. I actually requested a .6+ct CdC necklace to try on and if I can get pics I'll post them. My xl Legere is very small and dainty and perfect for the times when I don't think about wearing jewelry (ergo, I rarely take it off), but intend for the CdC to be a more impactful yet still dainty piece that I would wear as a standalone nice piece (and not when digging in the garden or on the racetrack!!)

• Insightful
Reactions: Roarxx and 880
I have a shopping appt at Cartier on Monday AM and will be trying some different sizes on. I actually requested a .6+ct CdC necklace to try on and if I can get pics I'll post them. My xl Legere is very small and dainty and perfect for the times when I don't think about wearing jewelry (ergo, I rarely take it off), but intend for the CdC to be a more impactful yet still dainty piece that I would wear as a standalone nice piece (and not when digging in the garden or on the racetrack!!)
please do if you have the extra time! i have the largest size for the legers bracelet, but time from time debating if i should get the cdc and what size is another factor. thank you!

Reactions: WingNut
please do if you have the extra time! i have the largest size for the legers bracelet, but time from time debating if i should get the cdc and what size is another factor. thank you!
I recently added the CdC in YG size .50ct. I initially thought this size was too big, but after wearing for a week straight. I can honestly say, im glad I did not go any smaller. For reference, YG only come with .50ct or larger. if you want something smaller you have to go with WG or RG.

Yes show us :smile: I own the xl Legere too, and have tried on a few CdC necklace between 0.7 and 1.2ct. The 1-1.2ct was too much and kept tilting over—too heavy? But thought the 0.7 was impactful yet dainty. I’m quite petite (5’ 2” only) haha.

• Thanks
Reactions: WingNut