**Hermes Chat**

I can honestly tell you I personally purchased everything I wanted. A Bolide, a wallet, a blanket, boots, shoes, scarves, perfume/cologne. The only jewelry I purchased was a silver bracelet (which I have since lost), and a gold ring. I spent around $20K CDN. Then I was offered the Birkin after 5 months(which was almost 2 years ago). But I don't know if I was just lucky? My first SA was amazing. I'm now on my 3rd SA, and I have already spent quite a bit again since my first offer, and I don't know if I will ever get a second offer?
I hope this helps you in some way :heart:
sorry just edited to say I actually purchased my boots After the purchase of my Birkin. I only purchased the Aloha sandals before the offer. I just looked at my receipts lol. My memory is failing in my old age:confused1:
Thank you...all in all, I have purchased from 4 boutiques and from online...with the majority of my purchases being from 3 of the boutiques and online (one of those 3 is the current boutique I am dealing with most recently, as the SA in the Florida location just stopped responding to me all of a sudden). Do all of my historical purchases count toward the "quota" or just what I have spent in the most current store? I am thinking that in total I am way past $10k (mostly online and at Madison, NY), but maybe only spent 1/4 of that in this location. :sad:

Thank you...all in all, I have purchased from 4 boutiques and from online...with the majority of my purchases being from 3 of the boutiques and online (one of those 3 is the current boutique I am dealing with most recently, as the SA in the Florida location just stopped responding to me all of a sudden). Do all of my historical purchases count toward the "quota" or just what I have spent in the most current store? I am thinking that in total I am way past $10k (mostly online and at Madison, NY), but maybe only spent 1/4 of that in this location. :sad:
Hmm that I'm not 100 percent sure about. I would think it's best to spend at one store? That is what I did.
There are some very knowledgable ladies on here (way more than me lol). Off my head I'm thinking @acrowcounted and @880 may know :heart: the answer to that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Hmm that I'm not 100 percent sure about. I would think it's best to spend at one store? That is what I did.
There are some very knowledgable ladies on here (way more than me lol). Off my head I'm thinking @acrowcounted and @880 may know :heart: the answer to that.
Awwh, thank you! But, @acrowcounted and many others know far more than i do :smile:

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask your advice of color for ostrich leather. Which color is best on ostrich in yr opinion. Thank you.

I have a 35 vintage Kelly in Natural. It does show wear on the handles but I don't mind
& I have the option to use a twilly but I don't..
Also think that certain colors of ostrich might read differently depending on what style of bag
( Constance, Bolide, Kelly, Birkin etc) you might be interested in

They will tell you that you need to purchase exclusively from one location. Madison is particular…
There are so many very wealthy customers there… I have heard that you need to spend 50K to get offered a bag.
I am French too and have spent more than you at the store (but far from the 50K) and a quota bag is easier to get in Paris for me.
It’s very frustrating to hear lots of silly excuses as to why you can’t get a bag when you spend a lot.
I went to the store the other day and bought a few scarves. I had some other ones ordered. I asked to look at the bags in display.
It wasn’t crowded.
I saw an adorable Quelle Idole charm. I told my SA that it was very cute. He told me the price and I said I wasn’t going to pay over $3500 for a charm. But he decided that he would go check if it’s in stock…
He came back saying no. I said fine!
Then I saw the stunning Constance 24 Marble Silk and barely said it was my cup of tea. He told me that he thought he had one in stock!
He went to look for 40 minutes!!!
Then he came back with the Quelle Idole charm. I was so disappointed!
I told him no obviously.
I am sure that he had the Constance in stock and his store manager said no. Then the store manager probably agreed to the limited edition charm. Still I am upset because I had no interest in it. I told him later but It is really frustrating to hope and buy so much and they just except you to buy other things you don’t care for…
I am going to Paris next month and I know that it’s more doable there. I have quite a few gorgeous bags from there…

They will tell you that you need to purchase exclusively from one location. Madison is particular…
There are so many very wealthy customers there… I have heard that you need to spend 50K to get offered a bag.
I am French too and have spent more than you at the store (but far from the 50K) and a quota bag is easier to get in Paris for me.
It’s very frustrating to hear lots of silly excuses as to why you can’t get a bag when you spend a lot.
I went to the store the other day and bought a few scarves. I had some other ones ordered. I asked to look at the bags in display.
It wasn’t crowded.
I saw an adorable Quelle Idole charm. I told my SA that it was very cute. He told me the price and I said I wasn’t going to pay over $3500 for a charm. But he decided that he would go check if it’s in stock…
He came back saying no. I said fine!
Then I saw the stunning Constance 24 Marble Silk and barely said it was my cup of tea. He told me that he thought he had one in stock!
He went to look for 40 minutes!!!
Then he came back with the Quelle Idole charm. I was so disappointed!
I told him no obviously.
I am sure that he had the Constance in stock and his store manager said no. Then the store manager probably agreed to the limited edition charm. Still I am upset because I had no interest in it. I told him later but It is really frustrating to hope and buy so much and they just except you to buy other things you don’t care for…
I am going to Paris next month and I know that it’s more doable there. I have quite a few gorgeous bags from there…
Thank you for the insight...yeah, I really hate the fact they make you "play games" to get something you really want & they say inventory/production is low. Especially since you see literally thousands of these bags popping up on the resale market everyday--oftentimes from the same seller. How is that same seller getting so many new B/K/C? Obviously these bags are coming from somewhere, and someone is getting them!

Thank you for the insight...yeah, I really hate the fact they make you "play games" to get something you really want & they say inventory/production is low. Especially since you see literally thousands of these bags popping up on the resale market everyday--oftentimes from the same seller. How is that same seller getting so many new B/K/C? Obviously these bags are coming from somewhere, and someone is getting them!
I keep wondering if it’s true that once you have one quota bag, it’s easier to get the next? Maybe that’s why. I wonder if that’s true though. Also curious if anyone knows how to be offered the opportunity to design a quota bag? I see that online as well- people designing custom bags. Wonder how you can be invited to do that.

Fakes among the real ones is my guess
I think that situation might exist somewhere in between. But I'm referring to the reputable resellers that repeat Hermes/luxury buyers would trust with their lives: like Prive Porter and Fashionphile and RealReal and even some private sellers. How on earth are they continuously getting new STORE FRESH B/K/C bags just to FLIP and make $$$$ profit; when you have people like us who, honestly want one for our personal collection, have to wait & wait and are made to jump through hoops?

I think that situation might exist somewhere in between. But I'm referring to the reputable resellers that repeat Hermes/luxury buyers would trust with their lives: like Prive Porter and Fashionphile and RealReal and even some private sellers. How on earth are they continuously getting new STORE FRESH B/K/C bags just to FLIP and make $$$$ profit; when you have people like us who, honestly want one for our personal collection, have to wait & wait and are made to jump through hoops?
There were just brouhaha over fakes with two of asian reputable IG private resellers. Both are trusted with equal amounts of fans, including 'reputable', 'established' influencers who voice their supports for each side.
We’ve also read in this forum about TRR and fashionpiles listing fakes. I say buyers beware. Fakes exist even among the most reputable.

Sorry if I sound negative but for me the math just doesn’t add up.

ETA: I found an old example with TRR but admittedly not from fashionpile but if you search either in this or in the general handbag or shopping forum, you might find something. Again, it’s not my intention to discourage you but please be careful.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hall-of-shame-post-the-ebay-fakes-here.67697/post-32695297

Last edited:
There were just brouhaha over fakes with two of asian reputable IG private resellers. Both are trusted with equal amounts of fans, including 'reputable', 'established' influencers who voice their supports for each side.
We’ve also read in this forum about TRR and fashionpiles listing fakes. I say buyers beware. Fakes exist even among the most reputable.

Sorry if I sound negative but for me the math just doesn’t add up.

ETA: I found an old example with TRR but admittedly not from fashionpile but if you search either in this or in the general handbag or shopping forum, you might find something. Again, it’s not my intention to discourage you but please be careful.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hall-of-shame-post-the-ebay-fakes-here.67697/post-32695297

Hi. I’m also aware of the issue. Can you enlighten me how these reputable resellers actually do their authentication? I can’t bring myself to go through the whole Hermes SA game to score a quota bag, but I’m hesitant about purchasing from reputable resellers now because of the current issue. Thanks.

Hi. I’m also aware of the issue. Can you enlighten me how these reputable resellers actually do their authentication? I can’t bring myself to go through the whole Hermes SA game to score a quota bag, but I’m hesitant about purchasing from reputable resellers now because of the current issue. Thanks.
Honestly I can’t bring myself to buy from resellers due to this problem. I will never be 100000% sure and I cannot live with that. And I don’t believe in any kind of authentication process. If we read the fine prints in those documents (including those reputable ones, like Collector’s Square or others), those are expert opinions not the truth. And we know what ppl say about opinions :lol:

I don’t know how the resellers authenticate. From what I read is always 'I have an extensive experience working with luxury bags and I know the marks so here's the certificate'. Obviously no one will divulge their tricks of the trade.

But that’s me. Others might have a different risk appetite. And I do truly relate to the difficulties in getting the bags in store.

Having said all that, I do have some faith in the second hand stores such as Collectors Square because they have physical presence, been in the business for a long time, repotedly the expert is well known in Paris, deal with second hand or vintages instead of new, etc but even this, some posters here question it.

Disclaimer: I bought a DS from CS. I am really pleased wih it. I think it’s authentic but I could never be able to say for certainty. I am OK with it or if I feel like getting something vintage but not for a spanking brand new B or K costing tens of thousands.

Sorry, I wrote a book!