Which Dooney Are You Carrying Today?

The Tobi tote in black. I was pretty underwhelmed when I got this last year. It was so stiff! I used it a few times, then conditioned it and put it in storage. I got it out 2 weeks ago, and lo and behold, it got squishy soft over the 9 month timeout! I wonder if that’s normal for a Dooney?
Anyway, I’ve come to love this little workhorse of a tote!

View attachment 5688816
Glad you are finally enjoying your handbag. Pebbled leather does soften over time,
generally with use and handling. The conditioning may have helped, but I don't normally condition pebbled leather, so I don't know for sure.

Also, I find that many handbags are very stiff when they arrive but soften up
quickly once I take the out of the box and plastic and they relax in indoor temperatures. Something about the bags being wrapped up and spending time
in colder temps or being bounced around in transit.... I don't know.... but they seem to
relax when they get 'home and undressed'.

Glad you are finally enjoying your handbag. Pebbled leather does soften over time,
generally with use and handling. The conditioning may have helped, but I don't normally condition pebbled leather, so I don't know for sure.

Also, I find that many handbags are very stiff when they arrive but soften up
quickly once I take the out of the box and plastic and they relax in indoor temperatures. Something about the bags being wrapped up and spending time
in colder temps or being bounced around in transit.... I don't know.... but they seem to
relax when they get 'home and undressed'.
I usually wouldn’t condition Dooney Pebble leather, but I was so unhappy with it, I figured I had nothing to lose. I’ve recently read some reviews of the Sorrento satchel that describe that leather the same as I would have described the Tobi, stiff and papery. This turned me off buying a Sorrento, but now I’m wondering if they get better in time as well. Sadly, I missed the sale on Sorrento, but I’m sure it will come around again.

Love your domed satchels ladies.... they are one of my favorite styles.
Right now I'm in the Dooney Florentine Toscana domed satchel ... in RED.
But I'm getting ready to change out.... I want to 'use' at least 2 different
handbags every week, so that my collection gets some love, and I can
convince myself I needed to own all these handbags.

Love your domed satchels ladies.... they are one of my favorite styles.
Right now I'm in the Dooney Florentine Toscana domed satchel ... in RED.
But I'm getting ready to change out.... I want to 'use' at least 2 different
handbags every week, so that my collection gets some love, and I can
convince myself I needed to own all these handbags.
Hi LJ!
Thanks! I'm enjoying carrying it again.
I was just watching someone's YouTube video about her red Florentine Toscana domed satchel and it made me miss carrying mine. Even if I hadn't said I was going to try to carry my suede satchel the rest of the winter, I can't carry my Toscana satchel now because it's at my DD's house. And it's a heavy carry when I'm walking around the city. (Which is why I left it at my DD's where I can use it when I'm driving/riding.)

Good idea showing your collection some love by changing handbags twice a week. I was doing that recently but it was only between a few small bags I have. My other bags were still being ignored.

Reactions: JenJBS and swags
I just started carrying this small Lexi in Bordeaux. Can’t wait to break her in.. she is quite stiff right now

View attachment 5730374
Enjoy your Dooney Lexington. It's a very popular style. I like your color choice and the contrast between the Bordeaux and the caramel (?) trim.
I have 2 Lexington style handbags. I find it a medium size bag because the base is
not very deep. I've learned to put my things in vertically to maximize the space.
Guess it depends upon how much you need to carry.
It's a well organized handbag and an easy carry and easy access bag.
Pebbled leather will soften with use and it holds up well.