Fendi Fellas

Finally got my Porter nylon Baguette! Thanks for your help with my decision, @Prada Prince . Wish I got it when it was over $1200 CAD less in 2019, but oh well. I do prefer the silver hardware on this black version, though.

My SA said that there is a price increase coming on Jan 10, but if it's like my luck at Dior, the pieces I buy are usually the ones that don't get the price increase. Still, better to be safe than sorry, which is why I got it now.

View attachment 5686593

View attachment 5686594

View attachment 5686595

View attachment 5686596
Gorgeous bag!! Looks like such an easy bag to use and style ❤️ ❤️

• Love
Reactions: averagejoe
Congratulations! We’re Bag Buddies again! Haha! ;)

Gorgeous bag!! Looks like such an easy bag to use and style ❤️ ❤️
Thanks!

I wanted to add that as my luck would have it, this Baguette did NOT increase in price. I'm still glad I got it because there is only one left in Canada now (had to get it transferred from Vancouver to Toronto). Just that this happens almost all the time when I buy items that are about to increase. At Dior, I was told a massive price increase was happening in January 2021. So I got another pair of B23s that I have been eyeing. To this day, the price hasn't gone up on those.

The Peekaboo Iseeu went up from $5800 to $6200 CAD. I thought the price was already pretty high!

Reactions: Prada Prince
Thanks!

I wanted to add that as my luck would have it, this Baguette did NOT increase in price. I'm still glad I got it because there is only one left in Canada now (had to get it transferred from Vancouver to Toronto). Just that this happens almost all the time when I buy items that are about to increase. At Dior, I was told a massive price increase was happening in January 2021. So I got another pair of B23s that I have been eyeing. To this day, the price hasn't gone up on those.

The Peekaboo Iseeu went up from $5800 to $6200 CAD. I thought the price was already pretty high!
The price increases are ridiculous at the best of times - I'm so glad I got mine back in 2019 when it was a limited production as the prices now are insane! I got mine for £1,590, and it is now £2,450! Given my penchant for gold hardware, I'm glad I didn't miss the boat on the first iteration.

Reactions: averagejoe
The price increases are ridiculous at the best of times - I'm so glad I got mine back in 2019 when it was a limited production as the prices now are insane! I got mine for £1,590, and it is now £2,450! Given my penchant for gold hardware, I'm glad I didn't miss the boat on the first iteration.
All my Fendi items have silver hardware so I only want silver hardware from Fendi to match my other Fendi items. I definitely see you with a lot more gold hardware!

When I saw how much this newer iteration of the Porter Baguette was going for (42% price increase from the original!), I thought no one would buy a small nylon bag at this price. I was wrong. It first sold out on 24s where I was tempted to buy it as it was slightly cheaper than buying in Canada. Then it started selling out at Fendi locations in Canada. Now I have one too, with no discount.

Fendi has been able to significantly increase its brand positioning and perceived brand value since 2019, which is why they're getting away with these higher prices.

I guess this bag didn't have a price increase on Jan 10 because the price was already ridiculous.

Reactions: Prada Prince