Chanel Lambskin - how do I clean it/care for it?

Would you recommend the conditioner only? Or conditioner and then a waterproof spray? I have both the Cadillac conditioner and the Collonil waterproof spray but have been to scared to apply either.
I have another question as well. There's a lot of talk about thirsty bags. I am conditioning a Chanel lambskin Trendy with light scuffs and scratches. I started with the Cadillac Select, and it seemed a bit better. This morning I conservatively applied the Collonil 1909 (first using pea-sized amount on microfiber towel, then using the included sponge, and got better results especially on a stubborn small, gouge leading to a horizontal scratch on the back pocket. Sorry to go on and on, my question is how many times should you condition, and should you apply, wait an hour, reapply, etc.?

I have this light grey mini lamb that is just over 1 yr old - I am disappointed that the corners have started to fade as I baby my bags! Any idea how it can be repaired/maintained would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• E56E3F45-F244-4E10-AD88-E974E4C13068.jpeg
    E56E3F45-F244-4E10-AD88-E974E4C13068.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
I just got my vintage lambskin classic flap and I wanted to condition it so I used the cadillac green lotion inside the double flap and now my bag won't stop squeaking when I open up the flap. Has this happened to anyone before? Does this mean that my lambskin is dry? I'm scared that it will crack.

I just got my vintage lambskin classic flap and I wanted to condition it so I used the cadillac green lotion inside the double flap and now my bag won't stop squeaking when I open up the flap. Has this happened to anyone before? Does this mean that my lambskin is dry? I'm scared that it will crack.
I use the Cadillac Select and the Collonil 1909. Wonderful products. No issues whatsoever.

Reactions: Cali2HI
  • Use a damp clean cotton cloth to wipe of any grime or marks. Do not apply water directly or wash the leather as this may leave a watermark.
  • Dab a high quality nourishing conditioner onto a clean cotton cloth and massage into all external and internal areas of the leather.
  • Lambskin leather should be waterproofed prior to wearing, apply a few coats of silicon-free water protector to the external areas of the item.
  • For stains, scratches or discolouration the leather will likely require professional restoration.
  • Store Your Lambskin Leather Properly When you are not using your lambskin leather item, you should always store it in a cool, dry place. This will help to prevent any damage from occurring to the leather. And also, you should avoid storing your lambskin leather in direct sunlight as this can cause the leather to fade.
  • Don’t Overstuff Your Lambskin Leather Item

Hi all! I just bought my first chanel bag ever!! A small double flap bag, a vintage one. But the inside is a bit torn and filthy. I am looking for ways to clean it. Do you guys have any recommendation on how to do restorations on the inside?

binnenkant01.jpeg

Hi all! I just bought my first chanel bag ever!! A small double flap bag, a vintage one. But the inside is a bit torn and filthy. I am looking for ways to clean it. Do you guys have any recommendation on how to do restorations on the inside?

View attachment 5686825
Congrats on your new bag! I purchased a couple vintage classic flaps (both lambskin) at the start of the pandemic and wanted to clean them from a germ perspective. I actually was brave and wiped the bag down with a disinfecting wipe and then after it dried, I used products by this company based in the UK, called the The Handbag Spa. There was a cleaning, conditioning set for lambskin. I did this process on 3 bags and didn't have any issues. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Cali2HI and Kim1990
I was wondering what is the best way to store Chanel lambskin and caviar handbags?

I store mine, including my Hermes Birkins, in their dust bags, with the purse organizer (Maitai ones) in the bag. I then place my bags in their boxes in my cedar closet.

I have not used some Chanel and Hermes bags for years (crazy, I know...). Today, I took them all out of their box and dust bag so that the leather could breathe a bit. I am now wondering if it has been a mistake to store my bags as I did. Should I at least remove the fabric purse organizer from the bags when putting them in their dustbag? and leaving them in their box, could that eventually damage my bags?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what is best to do.

I was wondering what is the best way to store Chanel lambskin and caviar handbags?

I store mine, including my Hermes Birkins, in their dust bags, with the purse organizer (Maitai ones) in the bag. I then place my bags in their boxes in my cedar closet.

I have not used some Chanel and Hermes bags for years (crazy, I know...). Today, I took them all out of their box and dust bag so that the leather could breathe a bit. I am now wondering if it has been a mistake to store my bags as I did. Should I at least remove the fabric purse organizer from the bags when putting them in their dustbag? and leaving them in their box, could that eventually damage my bags?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what is best to do.
I’ve stored mine in their boxes for years and it’s been fine. No issues at all, as long as you store the chains properly so they don’t mark the leather and make sure the bags are stuffed (but not overstuffed!)

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has had creasing on the front of the flap. I know the creasing on the back from opening and closing is inevitable but the front sides? If so, is there anything that can be done to improve the look or prevent further creasing? Any recommendations on improving scratches that can’t be massaged away with fingers or microfiber cloth? Thank you in advance!

31E9E42D-C99C-4C14-83F8-6368A4D55613.jpeg

AA87F13A-8CE7-4468-9CF5-8EB6E66B7D58.jpeg

Hi, I have a lambskin mini that has worn corners, I am super careful with my bags, but my lambskin Chanel’s both have wear marks. I don’t want to paint them, but how do I turn them black again the safest way possible?? Help is appreciated greatly!