"Gifts" from Cartier SAs

We just started collecting last year so it’s been fast and fun! DH likes to give good gifts, so it’s been a win/win.
Our SA is very good, I wonder if some boutiques are allotted more gifts than others ?
You are a lucky lady!
Maybe you are right and each boutique only gets a certain number of things to present to customers. Still makes me a little bummed lol

Reactions: Swanky
Yeah I have been to the Boston Boutique, that is the only one so far.
It definitely depends on your SA. I've had 2 very good SAs. When I buy Cartier products almost all have been through the Boston Boutique. I've purchased several love bracelets, a JUC bracelet, some sunglasses, a few wristwatches. My last few SAs were great. In the past I got chocolates, perfumes, candles, porcelain limoge trinket holders, Cartier hard cover books, floral bouquets etc. This year my SA left, and I wasn't reassigned a new SA. I dealt with the store manager who I've known for several years (and imagine I'd be working with more in the future), to make a small accessory purchase. I'm waiting for a watch I want, but without any major purchase from the manager and my SA being gone...no gifts this year.

Out of curiosity…if you shop at Cartier in a given year, will they usually send out catalogues by the end of the year for the holidays?

The first time I shopped at Cartier years ago, I wound up getting a holiday catalogue in the mail.

This year we purchased something much more expensive but got no catalogue. Not sure if this is normal? Or are they trying to be more environmentally friendly (which is fine)?

Are you referring to these? I get them sent to my house all the time. I think you just have to be in the system.

I never thought much about them. In fact, I don’t really even look at them.

E459D6B7-85D6-4DFC-B738-772CDEAD05F7.jpeg

Reactions: DaintyDiamonds
Are you referring to these? I get them sent to my house all the time. I think you just have to be in the system.

I never thought much about them. In fact, I don’t really even look at them.

View attachment 5684333
Right, I meant something similar to those (like the white books). My SA confirmed my address is in the system when I last shopped there, so I’m not sure why I didn’t get anything this winter. But it’s okay!

Right, I meant something similar to those (like the white books). My SA confirmed my address is in the system when I last shopped there, so I’m not sure why I didn’t get anything this winter. But it’s okay!

I also have an online account so I'm unsure. I shop online, with an SA, and at various boutiques, and my husband sometimes purchases on a separate account online for gifts for me so I think since we are everywhere, it may be another reason we are never missed on the mailing list.

I honestly thought all customers get it if they have your mailing address. I still get Tiffany catalogs even though I seldom purchase from there.

I also have an online account so I'm unsure. I shop online, with an SA, and at various boutiques, and my husband sometimes purchases on a separate account online for gifts for me so I think since we are everywhere, it may be another reason we are never missed on the mailing list.

I honestly thought all customers get it if they have your mailing address. I still get Tiffany catalogs even though I seldom purchase from there.

We don’t get any mail from Cartier, it’s not automatic. We’ve made 5 purchases in 1.5 years with same SA and I have an online account with my address in it.

Reactions: DaintyDiamonds
Bizarre! No idea! It just sits in a magazine rack at my home. I never valued them before - maybe I should and actually look at them at some point in time - LOL. Strange!
Chaton,

You must be 'on their list'! We get a hard bound catalog from time to time, maybe once a year, but that's it. No other mailings. Our favorite SA gives us little trinkets every once in a while when we're in the store.

Recently when I bought my diamond Trinity ring in an European boutique I was just offered a glass of Champagne and I had to ask for the whole bottle to take home ... not alone being offered any other gifts. I felt this was a bit lousy on a almost 10k purchase. As I reportet in my favourite boutique I got a big bottle just for asking about my custom order not buying anything.

Reactions: TatkaS
I didn’t see a Cartier discussion thread, so I am posting it here… please delete or move it to a different thread if there is one more appropriate.

I recently bought a small (for Cartier standards) purchase, but the SA did not wrap it in the classic white gift wrap with the seal. I realized this after I had left, so I could ask for it to be wrapped. Is that standard? Do you only get it wrapped if you ask for it, or is it no longer the standard practice?
She did get me a travel pouch and a cleaning kit, but now that I think about it, I wish it had come wrapped….

Reactions: minniemax