Space for Guys & their Hermès

So excited to share my Sac a Depeche 34 in Fauve Barenia

The patina and warm amber glow of Barenia is irresistible. The 34 is a single gusset version of the Sac a Depeche (a likely predecessor to the Sac a Depeche Light).

View attachment 5684302
View attachment 5684303
CONGRATS!
These bags are hard to come by, I have the same one. I know that because it took me 2 years to find mine. I am not a fan of the double gusset SAD or Kelly's briefcase. Hence why I wanted this one. The size is perfect for my MacBook pro 13" + charger, Ulysse note pad, and a small pouch. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
May be a silly question but are these bags still found in store or are they vintage. Im speaking of the SAD in 34
No question is silly at all. Mine is E Square that's 2001, 22 years so they're vintage these SADs are no longer made in 34 in a single gusset. Perhaps there might be an option to SO one?
H is producing now a Kelly 36 single gusset briefcase:

1672972047002.png

No question is silly at all. Mine is E Square that's 2001, 22 years so they're vintage these SADs are no longer made in 34 in a single gusset. Perhaps there might be an option to SO one?
H is producing now a Kelly 36 single gusset briefcase:

View attachment 5684448
Our SAD 34’s must be siblings @fonnas ! Mine is also an E Square 2001.

@oshinex Besides the KD36, you should also check out the Sac a Depeches Light 37 that is also a single gusset briefcase and is in current production.

Barenia is my most favorite leather, so I routinely (religiously? lol) research Barenia bags and stumbled upon this.

7FE3C738-4972-48C2-8520-BA3CE1146658.jpeg

Reactions: ThumbsUp
I have a TPM that I use in rotation with other similar sized bags. I honestly don't carry much with me on a daily basis (wallet, keys, phone, lip balm, sunglasses), and it's the perfect size for it. I technically don't really *need* to carry a bag, since all the above fits in my pockets, but I prefer my pockets empty, so this bag works for that purpose. I'm in NYC if that matters.

I'll add that I've had a custom made strap that's significantly wider that makes it look less feminine (though I didn't do it for that purpose), but as I said, I'm in NYC so it doesn't really matter here.
hi Qubed, might I ask where did you get the custom-made strap? I have been trying to get myself an evelyne tpm, but I need an adjustable strap for sure! :smile:

Hi, new member here. Have been contemplating a Sac a Depeches 21 this year. I don't seem to see a lot of guys rocking this bag online. Does anyone here own one and willing to share pictures? Also, what do you all think of this bag? I like the practicality and the simplicity of this bag, similar to an Evelyne tpm. :smile:

Reactions: hermesafficionado