Scarves Help me curate my Hermès scarf collection!

I love this Fleurs de Lotus, with 2 different sweaters:
View attachment 5683206View attachment 5683207

One of my many fetes venitiennes: this could go to a new home, I think.View attachment 5683209View attachment 5683210

My most challenging scarf: Paperolles. I love the colors, but they hate me! LOL. Probably should go on a wall. View attachment 5683211View attachment 5683212
I am sorry to be late to this discussion but I think of these three, which are similar in tone and cw, the Lotus is the absolute keeper. It really truly shines on you-- perhaps it is the green border mitigating the neutrals and pinks but I adore it on you! I had that Fetes and it went to a friend-- too subtle for me to get much wear from, though I loved its silvery beauty.

I am sorry to be late to this discussion but I think of these three, which are similar in tone and cw, the Lotus is the absolute keeper. It really truly shines on you-- perhaps it is the green border mitigating the neutrals and pinks but I adore it on you! I had that Fetes and it went to a friend-- too subtle for me to get much wear from, though I loved its silvery beauty.

100% agree.

This is fantastic on you!
Thank you. I'm so surprised by the Fleurs de Lotus love. It has languished in my scarf drawers for ages! Can't wait to see the. blue FG, to which I succumbed.

Reactions: Teaforparrots
Should I also admit that green is a relatively new color for me? I was so olive (sallow, LOL) growing up that green made me look positively ill, no matter how much blush I used. And that fear/avoidance of green really stayed with me, even now that I'm pinker from age and a lifetime of drinking. I think acid green and hunter green work OK. Anyone's thoughts?

Thanks so much for these considered thoughts. I know the bright bold scarves are no brainers for me, which is why I sometimes resist them. Even though I am loud, I don't always want to have to live up to my scarf - does that make sense? I am attracted to pastels and such, for calmer days, but need to find ways to make them work (or learn which parts of the pastel color wheel are best). And a large collection needs some variety, I think. I love how everyone is making me look closely and think deeply!

And I absolutely loathe the small, squirrelly designs and the cartoons. So @papertiger's comment on wispy ditsy prints is interesting. Also the curves - I had not thought about that element, as I have lots of geometrics, which I adore. Much to contemplate and explore. I appreciate this!

Perfect sense. I'm supposed to look good in brights too but I feel exactly the same, my most worn scarves are in blackened colours.

Not about you, although I'm very attracted by theatrical and mystic themes, personally the more traditional or geo design scarves tend to get more wear from a grab and go standpoint.

Should I also admit that green is a relatively new color for me? I was so olive (sallow, LOL) growing up that green made me look positively ill, no matter how much blush I used. And that fear/avoidance of green really stayed with me, even now that I'm pinker from age and a lifetime of drinking. I think acid green and hunter green work OK. Anyone's thoughts?
But I went out in this (should have been in yesterday’s post
View attachment 5684039

Whatever green that sweater is, it looks good IMO. On my computer it's quite a cool-leaning mid-shade of green. I wouldn't say you're pinky, more peachy. Peachy is good!

I avoid cool beige < mushroom and all tints/shades thereof plus shades of Pepto-bismol blue-pink and greyed-lavender at all costs. It really hurts there's some lovely scarves with lots of Cyclamen this season (SS23). I'm not going to play around hiding bits of scarves.

Perfect sense. I'm supposed to look good in brights too but I feel exactly the same, my most worn scarves are in blackened colours.

Not about you, although I'm very attracted by theatrical and mystic themes, personally the more traditional or geo design scarves tend to get more wear from a grab and go standpoint.
Very curious what you mean by blackened colours - pix? or links?
As for themes - we often have this discussion on SoTD - do you choose by color or theme? I definitely do BOTH, and it's great when they mesh.

Whatever green that sweater is, it looks good IMO. On my computer it's quite a cool-leaning mid-shade of green. I wouldn't say you're pinky, more peachy. Peachy is good!

I avoid cool beige < mushroom and all tints/shades thereof plus shades of Pepto-bismol blue-pink and greyed-lavender at all costs. I really hurts there's some lovely scarves with lots of Cyclamen this season (SS23). I'm not going to play around hiding bits of scarves.
The cyclamen this season looks terrifying, but I have not yet seen it IRL.

But I went out in this (should have been in yesterday’s post
View attachment 5684039
Really liking all these paler scarves on you which proves that you’re lucky enough to be able to wear them as well as high contrast brights . Especially love no2 , the tangy citrus pastels are so yummy and add to the wearability and it’s a gorgeous silk tied .And the last one is terrific too.
Time was I may have been able to ID ,them but being out of practice could you help ?
As for wearing green , yes definitely great on you I love green and like you am finding it looks better and better as I go down the path of life !

Very curious what you mean by blackened colours - pix? or links?
As for themes - we often have this discussion on SoTD - do you choose by color or theme? I definitely do BOTH, and it's great when they mesh.

This is your thread and it's not really about my choices but it has made me think wear v love (if it's not necessarily the same)

Colour:
Examples would be Tatersale (in the late Duke of Eds driving colours) Zenobie RdP in dark reds or the inky cw of Tyger Tyger. But I can bring a balance with other things I'm wearing (obviously). I'm not a high contrast person, so usually things are tonal.

DSC_0152_zpsfchh8fb2.jpgDSC_0253_zpsbboekavf.jpgDSC_0826_zps9pnqehco.jpg

I am supposed to light/bright (whatever) but I have to be in good mood for JA in green and bright reds. I'm noticing how here I've paired this with a rich YSL rust silk jacquard blouse which tones the scarf down. I have reddish hair and green eyes so this example is not the high contrast (colour on colour on scarf) it may first appear to be. I won't buy a scarf where there's a bit I need to hide or don't like the design but the colours great.

JACarre_zps5uek6lqt.jpg

Perfect balance would be something like Minuit 70 (SS14) I know I look and feel good in this scarf. Probably Chartreuse is one of my best colours and even though it's bright, I never feel I have to live up to it.

5be27b6b-517f-4a1a-8e23-8a57845f4e86_zpsnj1wzcqz.jpggeoprint_zpsqwvkjgtu.jpg

Themes:
I have a very wide range of scarves regarding themes but then if I look closely at what isn't there it's clearer. I may do cute (Amis Pour la Vie 45s or J'Aime on Carré 70) and smaller formats, but not something LOL funny and not usually on a larger scarves - exceptions are vintage JL Dumas' Les Amazones, and what I'm wearing today, black/turquose/dark red Jean de Paléologue's Cirque de Mollier. I seem to have a lot of feathers, wings and flying things. Horses (of course) but not much classic tack or saddlery by themselves apart from Tattersall/Tatersale. No bags on scarves but that could change this season. Quite a bit of of music and theatre/theatrical themes. If there's no great colour for me, I don't buy just because of a theme.

Really liking all these paler scarves on you which proves that you’re lucky enough to be able to wear them as well as high contrast brights . Especially love no2 , the tangy citrus pastels are so yummy and add to the wearability and it’s a gorgeous silk tied .And the last one is terrific too.
Time was I may have been able to ID ,them but being out of practice could you help ?
As for wearing green , yes definitely great on you I love green and like you am finding it looks better and better as I go down the path of life !
Sorry:
the tangerine scarves were
La Rosee 140 moussie
Les triplets
Carnaval/Fetes
Petit Duc

Yesterday:
Traite des armes (2 CWs)
Flora Graeca
Fleurs de Lotus
another Carnaval/Fetes
Paperolles