2023 Resolution: Shopping my Own Bags and SLG Collection

A long standing tradition in this thread is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

• New theme weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show old pictures from previous years to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

So what are the showcases? In the Fall, we group our bags by makers! Feel free to show bags, small leather goods, or however it is easiest to organize!

August 13 - Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta

August 20 - Burberry, Celine

August 27 - Coach, Chanel

September 3 - Chloe, Dior

September 10 - Dooney & Bourke, Fendi

September 17 - Ferragamo, Givenchy

September 24 - Goyard, Gucci

October 1 - Hermes, Kate Spade

October 8 - Loewe, Longchamp

October 15 - Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs

October 22 - Michael Kors, Miu Miu

October 29 - Mulberry, Prada

November 5 - Proenza Schouler, Rebecca Minkoff

November 12 - Saint Laurent, Tods

November 19 - Tory Burch, Valentino

November 26 - Bags by Jewelers: Bulgari, Cartier, Tiffany Co, Van Cleef & Arpels. Alternatively, the pillboxes, compacts and other lovelies made by jewelers that fit in your bag.

December 3 - independent artisans and custom bags.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vintage Leather

Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
Welcome to 2023!

Welcome to the Resolution threads, where we support each other with differing goals and objectives, but with a foundation of loving the closet that we have. We encourage all of our members to look into the dark recesses of our wardrobes, lofts, attics and take the time editing, curating, refining, redefining or updating our bag wardrobes.

This is not a minimalism or ban thread! There are other threads that focus around bans and minimalist bag collections, so if those objectives for 2023 are far closer to your resolution(s) please look downstream, or create your own thread.

Please feel free to share your goals for 2023! We love supporting each other in goals.

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (8 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them my color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration extra fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2022) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 12: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 19: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 26: Purple & Pink

Mar. 5: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 12: Green

Mar. 19: Black

Mar. 26: Gray

Apr. 2: White & Cream

Apr. 9: Brown & Tan

Apr. 16: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 23: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 30: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation.

I’ll drop my own goals in later, but welcome! This is a great year to have your best and most wearable wardrobe!

So, first thing I should probably say is a thank you to all the people who have started this thread before. It is pure coincidence that I’m starting off this year. The community here makes the Resolution threads great places to hang out.

My goals and a little about me.

I am a teacher, librarian, former advertising executive and entrepreneur. I am the parent to a teenager, and caretaker for my aging mother. My bag collection and wardrobe do reflect the life I used to lead, more effectively than what I currently am doing. Likewise, my home looks like two or three households have been smashed together without a lot that fits together. I’ve curated a lot - but I have a lot more to go.

So, goals:

1) I’m doing another purge. Eliminating 2023 items in 2023. Special focus on Books, Art, and tools, but I do have 5 handbags that I want to put on the chopping block.

2) fund purchases with sales. No new jewelry unless it’s on The List

3) Make 23 new recipes. Play more with cooking.

4) Finish knitting my shawl I started in 2018. Ditto for completing sketch books and photo albums.

I am thinking of moving. The Knight (mon petit model) is going to be graduating from high school in a year. My mother calls my home “the house of death” because my father passed away after we moved here, but she’s also scared of change. So I don’t have any solid plans. But it is something I’m considering this year or next.

Thanks to @Vintage Leather for starting this thread. Please make sure this one is stickied and this one is unstuck.

I made a big jump 2.5 years ago to a different but related field, I got a promotion last Summer and have really been really enjoying my job although it's a lot more work/hours. I want to continue to move closer to my longterm goals at work but our (UK) economy isn't good atm, so it's going to take a lot of determination.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the year brings for luxury and fashion, particularly at Gucci ( new CD - or no CD at all
:shrugs:
?) and at Burberry too with Daniel Lee. I feel there's a whole new vibe coming. If I buy anything from anywhere, I want it to be totally stunning and totally wearable/usable. I am still searching for the perfect dinner/tuxedo jacket and I don't care how much it will cost (so long as I can afford it of course). I am pretty happy with my wardrobe.

Since posting in these threads I've normally bought 0-1 bag a year, but in 2022 I bought 3 so this year I want to stick at 0. I don't do bans though.

When out for the day, I normally carry 2 bags. A cross-body and a handheld. My bag goals are to wear them (and everything) I already own. I don't know is I can say goodbye to some older bags, but I will try.

More money is going on my health, fitness and good food.

Goals for me this year.
1. Make complete outfits including bags and shoes.
2. Continue to stay in the allotted amount of space for my collection. No bags can be squashed together.
3. Stay within my budget.
4. Continue to try to do the 1 in 1 out.
5. Use all my bags.
6. Keep Bag list and photos updated. Check them before purchasing something new
7. Have fun and find new adventures. Finally got to go to London in December. After having to cancel the trip twice, I didn't want to say anything till after I finally got to go.

So, first thing I should probably say is a thank you to all the people who have started this thread before. It is pure coincidence that I’m starting off this year. The community here makes the Resolution threads great places to hang out.

My goals and a little about me.

I am a teacher, librarian, former advertising executive and entrepreneur. I am the parent to a teenager, and caretaker for my aging mother. My bag collection and wardrobe do reflect the life I used to lead, more effectively than what I currently am doing. Likewise, my home looks like two or three households have been smashed together without a lot that fits together. I’ve curated a lot - but I have a lot more to go.

So, goals:

1) I’m doing another purge. Eliminating 2023 items in 2023. Special focus on Books, Art, and tools, but I do have 5 handbags that I want to put on the chopping block.

2) fund purchases with sales. No new jewelry unless it’s on The List

3) Make 23 new recipes. Play more with cooking.

4) Finish knitting my shawl I started in 2018. Ditto for completing sketch books and photo albums.

I am thinking of moving. The Knight (mon petit model) is going to be graduating from high school in a year. My mother calls my home “the house of death” because my father passed away after we moved here, but she’s also scared of change. So I don’t have any solid plans. But it is something I’m considering this year or next.

Thank you VL for starting the thread! Great goals, I am especially impressed with the goal of purging 2023 items.

Thanks to @Vintage Leather for starting this thread. Please make sure this one is stickied and this one is unstuck.

I made a big jump 2.5 years ago to a different but related field, I got a promotion last Summer and have really been really enjoying my job although it's a lot more work/hours. I want to continue to move closer to my longterm goals at work but our (UK) economy isn't good atm, so it's going to take a lot of determination.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the year brings for luxury and fashion, particularly at Gucci ( new CD - or no CD at all
:shrugs:
?) and at Burberry too with Daniel Lee. I feel there's a whole new vibe coming. If I buy anything from anywhere, I want it to be totally stunning and totally wearable/usable. I am still searching for the perfect dinner/tuxedo jacket and I don't care how much it will cost (so long as I can afford it of course). I am pretty happy with my wardrobe.

Since posting in these threads I've normally bought 0-1 bag a year, but in 2022 I bought 3 so this year I want to stick at 0. I don't do bans though.

When out for the day, I normally carry 2 bags. A cross-body and a handheld. My bag goals are to wear them (and everything) I already own. I don't know is I can say goodbye to some older bags, but I will try.

More money is going on my health, fitness and good food.

Love your goals! Good point / idea on trying to focus money on health and fitness.

Goals for me this year.
1. Make complete outfits including bags and shoes.
2. Continue to stay in the allotted amount of space for my collection. No bags can be squashed together.
3. Stay within my budget.
4. Continue to try to do the 1 in 1 out.
5. Use all my bags.
6. Keep Bag list and photos updated. Check them before purchasing something new
7. Have fun and find new adventures. Finally got to go to London in December. After having to cancel the trip twice, I didn't want to say anything till after I finally got to go.

Love the ‘complete outfits’ thing, but I’m biased because I also do that and have great fun crafting looks in that app I use, even if I don’t always wear them. Fingers crossed for you regarding your trip to London!

Thank you VL for starting the thread! Great goals, I am especially impressed with the goal of purging 2023 items.

Love your goals! Good point / idea on trying to focus money on health and fitness.

Love the ‘complete outfits’ thing, but I’m biased because I also do that and have great fun crafting looks in that app I use, even if I don’t always wear them. Fingers crossed for you regarding your trip to London!
Thanks! I went in mid December. I took a picture of Louis Vuitton bags on a Lego Trunk at Selfridges. I got lots of photos for reference for my paintings.

I'm so excited I made it early to this thread!! I wanted to join last year, but it kind of got away from me, and I kept falling behind.

I need to work on using what I already have, but a big part of that is first having everything organized and easily accessible. Right now everything is so scattered in various closets, shelves and corners, it's not only a hassle to retrieve, but I forget about bags I own too.

As far as acquisitions go, I'm only focusing on mid range designers, and only in colors I absolutely know I will use, even if it means having a lot of duplicate colors. Below is my current 2023 wishlist:

1. Leo et Violette Grand Nova in burgundy

2. Strawberry East West tote bag (black or burgundy)

I am completely done with Coach and will be unloading mostly everything aside from my black Rogue and my Cassies.

I'm so excited I made it early to this thread!! I wanted to join last year, but it kind of got away from me, and I kept falling behind.

I need to work on using what I already have, but a big part of that is first having everything organized and easily accessible. Right now everything is so scattered in various closets, shelves and corners, it's not only a hassle to retrieve, but I forget about bags I own too.

As far as acquisitions go, I'm only focusing on mid range designers, and only in colors I absolutely know I will use, even if it means having a lot of duplicate colors. Below is my current 2023 wishlist:

1. Leo et Violette Grand Nova in burgundy

2. Strawberry East West tote bag (black or burgundy)

I am completely done with Coach and will be unloading mostly everything aside from my black Rogue and my Cassies.
Welcome to the group.

Happy new year to all! I’m excited to join this thread at the start of the year. I have a lot more personal goals than bag goals, which I can get into while I share about myself:

I am a single mom (divorce forthcoming) to an amazing toddler. I work from home as a student success manager at an education technology company. After spending the first three quarters of 2022 getting everything in order to be able to leave my ex, I moved myself and my toddler back home to my mom’s house in September. It’s been so nice to be around supportive family while handling matters with my ex in family court.

I shared in the previous thread that I acquired a lot of new bags, SLGs and charms last year to help distract from the emotional turmoil I was experiencing. I am now at a better place and ready to enjoy what I have this year rather than continue to grow my collection. Bag goals include:

1. Use at least 3 different bags a month - In December I used just 2 bags so I’d like to do better this year and really use my bags.
2. Improve my storage organization - Right now I have most of my bags on the top shelf of my closet but there’s a lot of empty space between that shelf and the ceiling, so I’m thinking about having a second shelf added so I can spread out my bags more.

Personal goals include:
1. Joining a gym or dance studio and working out or taking classes at least 2x per week.
2. Taking advantage of my job’s professional and personal learning budgets. I can use the personal learning budget for joining a dance studio or even on supplies to learn something new. I’m thinking about getting a Cricut, for example. And I would like to figure out my next career move because I’ll need to increase my earning potential as a single mom. So once I know which direction I’d like to move in, I can use that professional learning money to help get there.
3. Setting my mom up on Poshmark and FB Marketplace to help her sell some things that she needs to get rid of.

I think that’s plenty for now!

Welcome to 2023!

Welcome to the Resolution threads, where we support each other with differing goals and objectives, but with a foundation of loving the closet that we have. We encourage all of our members to look into the dark recesses of our wardrobes, lofts, attics and take the time editing, curating, refining, redefining or updating our bag wardrobes.

This is not a minimalism or ban thread! There are other threads that focus around bans and minimalist bag collections, so if those objectives for 2023 are far closer to your resolution(s) please look downstream, or create your own thread.

Please feel free to share your goals for 2023! We love supporting each other in goals.

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (8 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them my color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration extra fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2022) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 12: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 19: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 26: Purple & Pink

Mar. 5: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 12: Green

Mar. 19: Black

Mar. 26: Gray

Apr. 2: White & Cream

Apr. 9: Brown & Tan

Apr. 16: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 23: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 30: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation.

I’ll drop my own goals in later, but welcome! This is a great year to have your best and most wearable wardrobe!
Thank you for starting this @Vintage Leather

Happy New Year, Purse Pals! :hugs: