First chanel bag help - Chanel mini square?

Soumy

Aug 15, 2022
Hi guys!
I am looking at my first Chanel bag, the small double flap has been on my wishlist for a long time, and was the one I was planning on buying first, however, I have now discovered the mini square flap and I am in love with it ! It's just more appealing to my eye, my only reservation is that the strap does not double up to wear as a short shoulder bag.. so wanted some opinions from you guys - also, does it also work as an evening bag? Please share your pros/cons and practicality of the bag and any other recommendations! Thanks a lot !!!

Reactions: BrightStar57
Hi guys!
I am looking at my first Chanel bag, the small double flap has been on my wishlist for a long time, and was the one I was planning on buying first, however, I have now discovered the mini square flap and I am in love with it ! It's just more appealing to my eye, my only reservation is that the strap does not double up to wear as a short shoulder bag.. so wanted some opinions from you guys - also, does it also work as an evening bag? Please share your pros/cons and practicality of the bag and any other recommendations! Thanks a lot !!!
I love mini square, I think it fits almost the same amount as rectangular mini, the chain length fits better for cross body. And it’s so cute! You can double up the chain to wear on shoulders, but I don’t recommend since the chain touching the leather can damage the leather on the outer edges. It’s small enough as evening bag as well.

I love mini square, I think it fits almost the same amount as rectangular mini, the chain length fits better for cross body. And it’s so cute! You can double up the chain to wear on shoulders, but I don’t recommend since the chain touching the leather can damage the leather on the outer edges. It’s small enough as evening bag as well.
Thank you so much for your reply! I was also looking at the 21K my perfect one as well (because of the adjustable chain) but couldn't find it on the website so not sure if it was discontinued ?
I think I will go to the boutique and try whatever they have in terms of minis - hopefully they will have the square one :hbeat:

i have jumbo, medium, small, and mini. Mini is my most worn bag! It is small and doesn’t fit a lot but perfect for just a card colder, phone, keys, and lipstick. I love wearing it crossbody to be hands free. I find that I don’t wear a lot of shoulder bags these days. You won’t regret it!
Thank you so much ! I am definitely in love with how it looks - hopefully will find it in store as I can't find it on the UK website..

Reactions: ehy210
Agree, the chain of the square mini is not meant to be doubled-up, as it will cause damage to the flap. Also, the shape makes it a little awkward to wear crossbody. It’s really meant to be worn length-wise from the shoulder, which is why the strap is about an inch shorter than the rectangular mini. I love it. Gives a different look than the rectangular, though I think it looks better dressed up.

• Love
Reactions: peke<3cc and Soumy
Agree, the chain of the square mini is not meant to be doubled-up, as it will cause damage to the flap. Also, the shape makes it a little awkward to wear crossbody. It’s really meant to be worn length-wise from the shoulder, which is why the strap is about an inch shorter than the rectangular mini. I love it. Gives a different look than the rectangular, though I think it looks better dressed up.
Thank you very much for your input. I am trying to find it in the UK and it is tough! No luck so far! Does anyone know if they restock the Square mini often??

Pros and cons of mini square:

Pros:
1. Small but fits essentials: card holder, lipstick, keys and a couple small things.
2. Chain length is perfect for cross body if you're petite. I am 5ft tall and it sits perfectly on my body. Chain is very very comfortable on the shoulder. It never digs in my skin.
3. Casual look and great for running errands. But you can also dress up or dress down as the chain is not too long, can be worn on shoulder if you want a more elegant look.
4. Looks very cute
5. Easy to open and close because there is only one flap.
6. The price point is very good compared to other bags and the look can't be more classic. Should get it before the next price increase.

Cons:
1. Barely fits an iPhone Pro Max. I can make it fit but it bulges out a little on the sides, so I try not to keep my phone in the bag for too long to keep the shape.
2. No top handle so it's harder to grab and go. You can to hold the chain to pick up the bag.
3. It's thicker than a mini rectangular so it's more boxy. Corners are prone to wears as it's easier to hit the wall, chair, car door...if you're not careful.
4. The chain may be too short for tall people.
5. Since it's boxy, when doubled up to wear on shoulder, the top may be squished and gets pointy overtime.

I think that's all I can think of for now. I hope it helps.

Pros and cons of mini square:

Pros:
1. Small but fits essentials: card holder, lipstick, keys and a couple small things.
2. Chain length is perfect for cross body if you're petite. I am 5ft tall and it sits perfectly on my body. Chain is very very comfortable on the shoulder. It never digs in my skin.
3. Casual look and great for running errands. But you can also dress up or dress down as the chain is not too long, can be worn on shoulder if you want a more elegant look.
4. Looks very cute
5. Easy to open and close because there is only one flap.
6. The price point is very good compared to other bags and the look can't be more classic. Should get it before the next price increase.

Cons:
1. Barely fits an iPhone Pro Max. I can make it fit but it bulges out a little on the sides, so I try not to keep my phone in the bag for too long to keep the shape.
2. No top handle so it's harder to grab and go. You can to hold the chain to pick up the bag.
3. It's thicker than a mini rectangular so it's more boxy. Corners are prone to wears as it's easier to hit the wall, chair, car door...if you're not careful.
4. The chain may be too short for tall people.
5. Since it's boxy, when doubled up to wear on shoulder, the top may be squished and gets pointy overtime.

I think that's all I can think of for now. I hope it helps.
Thank you so much ! So helpful! I read that Chanel usually increases their prices in March is that correct? Any idea how much it retails in the UK - I forgot to ask Chanel yesterday when I spoke to them (only to be told that the bag is not available at the moment in the UK but they are expecting à restock either mid Jan or in March)

Minis, especially in black, are difficult to come by. Takes some patience and a good SA.
Yes it looks like it! A good SA is never easy to find I'm afraid..