Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

Hi friends! I'm here to check in and mark myself safe from the California bomb cyclone. Lots of damage here in my community - trees down on houses, wires, streets. Our power was just restored after about 26 hours. My neighborhood is hilly and we are fairly free of flooding however, down by the ocean, the waves were crashing over the coastal highway. Time to catch our breath and be thankful for safety and (now) electricity.

Hi friends! I'm here to check in and mark myself safe from the California bomb cyclone. Lots of damage here in my community - trees down on houses, wires, streets. Our power was just restored after about 26 hours. My neighborhood is hilly and we are fairly free of flooding however, down by the ocean, the waves were crashing over the coastal highway. Time to catch our breath and be thankful for safety and (now) electricity.
Glad you are safe!

- your next-door Bay Area neighbor!

Another Northern Californian checking in. In Sacramento we are far enough away from the levees to fear flooding. Lots of of rain though.

In Bodega Bay it’s another story. Last night a branch flew into our cottage and pierced through the siding and cracked the dry wall. That is serious speed. Power is still out.
Glad you are safe and I am sorry about your cottage.

Now that we have power I’ve been able to see photos and videos from the storm and it is truly the most damage I have seen in the time I have lived here. Capitola in Santa County was especially hard hit.

Reactions: jbags07 and grietje
Another Northern Californian checking in. In Sacramento we are far enough away from the levees to fear flooding. Lots of of rain though.

In Bodega Bay it’s another story. Last night a branch flew into our cottage and pierced through the siding and cracked the dry wall. That is serious speed. Power is still out.
Sorry to hear this - such a pretty tidy cottage! Glad you or DH or dogs were not there/hurt

Reactions: jbags07 and grietje
Interesting read:

“Skoda noted that Millennial and Gen Z shoppers, who are the core shoppers of secondhand merchandise, are gravitating to more affordable contemporary brands like Miu Miu, Bottega Veneta and Telfar instead of investment pieces from top-tier luxury brands.”

Interesting that BV is being called “more affordable” and “contemporary”!

Interesting read:

“Skoda noted that Millennial and Gen Z shoppers, who are the core shoppers of secondhand merchandise, are gravitating to more affordable contemporary brands like Miu Miu, Bottega Veneta and Telfar instead of investment pieces from top-tier luxury brands.”

Interesting that BV is being called “more affordable” and “contemporary”!
It sounds like the author may not be very familiar with luxury brands. However, BV is more affordable on the resale market, when compared to its current retail pricing.

Reactions: jbags07 and JenJBS
Happy New Year to all of our Asian friends here!

New Year Asian GIF by Hello All