Cartier Earrings Thread

I don’t think it’s too late at all. As far as my knowledge goes, you are able to take in your pieces whenever you need service. And as long as it’s the first time that you’re having your piece serviced, the alteration should be complimentary.

If anything, call the store that you plan to visit before you go, and see if they would be willing to help you. Hope the process goes smoothly for you!
Anyone can help me out? I called BH store but it directed me the Customer service 1800 #. They told me I won't be able to change the mechanism of the single earrings. They said talk to a boutique but I can't even reach them. This is such bad service. I don't want to go in bc its quite a far drive for me so i want to find out before I go in. Ugh...this is frustrating.

Anyone can help me out? I called BH store but it directed me the Customer service 1800 #. They told me I won't be able to change the mechanism of the single earrings. They said talk to a boutique but I can't even reach them. This is such bad service. I don't want to go in bc its quite a far drive for me so i want to find out before I go in. Ugh...this is frustrating.
I think they will adjust the sizing to fit only. Someone posted they cannot alter the style (eg. types of backings). The style has to stay true to its original design.

I think they will adjust the sizing to fit only. Someone posted they cannot alter the style (eg. types of backings). The style has to stay true to its original design.
Not true. The backings can be changed. This is their policy. It is literally stated on their website. And I had my earrings changed. I purchased two single Love earrings and had the screw-ball backings changed to pushbacks/butterfly backings.

https://www.cartier.com/en-us/jewelry-adjust-repair.html

8EF32E36-B3D8-459A-81A0-E725D4953DA2.png

So sorry that you’re having such a tough time. I had a wee bit of a headache with the service, but honestly, I just showed my SA the policy listed on the website. No trouble after that. Can you leave a message for the store? Someone might call you back if you leave your name and number. And if they continue to give you trouble, direct them to the website. It’s literally their company’s policy. Legally, they have to offer you the service.

Reactions: september1985
So sorry that you’re having such a tough time. I had a wee bit of a headache with the service, but honestly, I just showed my SA the policy listed on the website. No trouble after that. Can you leave a message for the store? Someone might call you back if you leave your name and number. And if they continue to give you trouble, direct them to the website. It’s literally their company’s policy. Legally, they have to offer you the service.
Yes, I did and they told me they cannot change the "mechanism" of the back of the earrings. It's soo frustrating. They customer service isn't that great so far. I'm a little disappointed. i'll keep trying. Thanks. Will keep everyone posted.

Yes, I did and they told me they cannot change the "mechanism" of the back of the earrings. It's soo frustrating. They customer service isn't that great so far. I'm a little disappointed. i'll keep trying. Thanks. Will keep everyone posted.
That is SO frustrating. And fraudulent! It’s customer services‘ job to know their own policies! I wish I could help you more.

Reactions: pwecious_323
Hi, @pwecious_323. Have you had any luck with your earrings? Here is a photo of my worK order (sorry for the weird redaction - that is not my strong suit!). Hope this helps! View attachment 5695997View attachment 5695998

Thanks for sharing. I'm actually going to go in tomorrow to the SCP store. I'll let u know what i find out. I hope they can really do something about it. Wish me luck
;)

Reactions: Chanello_ShopGirl
Not true. The backings can be changed. This is their policy. It is literally stated on their website. And I had my earrings changed. I purchased two single Love earrings and had the screw-ball backings changed to pushbacks/butterfly backings.

https://www.cartier.com/en-us/jewelry-adjust-repair.html

View attachment 5676081
Hi.
Thank you for you posting it.
I have contacted cartier and they sent me the form for repair.
I'm also got love single earrings.
And hope my request for repair screw to push back it go smooth without problem too And with out charge for service.

Reactions: Chanello_ShopGirl
Hi.
Thank you for you posting it.
I have contacted cartier and they sent me the form for repair.
I'm also got love single earrings.
And hope my request for repair screw to push back it go smooth without problem too And with out charge for service.

Good luck! If they try to charge you, direct them to the company’s website and show them the policy. Hope the process goes smoothly for you!

Reactions: Teerakrainbow
Ladies, I'm happy to report back I got my single love earring backs changed. Thanks to @[B]Chanello_ShopGirl[/B] for letting me know. The SA at SCP was really nice and didn't even give me trouble for charging me or anything like that. I wanted the push button backs but ended up with the butterfly, which I'm happy with. Hope this helps :smile:
Thank you for the update. I’m planning to purchase these for my 2nd or 3rd holes sometime this next week, so it’s good to hear it worked out for you.

Hi.
Thank you for the update and posted.
May I asked do it feel secure with back butterfly than screw ball?
My one it on progress.
They try to change me money.

Yes! I am still so happy that I changed mine. Those screw balls are truly awful. I wear mine all the time and feel like the backings are totally secure. I hope you are happy with yours once they are sent back.

Be really firm - do not let them charge you! Good luck!