Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

Hey Gucci fam!
I am recently but by the Gucci bug. I am a makeup person and tried their blush and lipstick and was blown away by the packaging. So I went on their website, just to look. And it blew my mind. Ended up with a grey Marmont. I know some folks think they are out of fashion, but as a newcomer, I can’t get over how beautiful it is. Wearable art.

A month later, I discovered the resale market and now I have 5 Gucci bags total. Plus a pair of heels. I’m slowing my roll for a few months, but absolutely obsessed with the aesthetic.
View attachment 5669690
Absolutely love the bag you chose! Do you have any mod shots? Is it the small size?

I actually need to STOP looking at the Gucci website altogether. The prices of the RTW make me wince. I already bought 3 bags this year - I cannot buy anymore - at least for a while.

Great Idea for the Horse-bit convertible clutch (I have one in black leather) that chain looks perfect. I would have to find a good quality brass chain, or perhaps I could add my studded GUCCI long strap that came with my Blondie :thinking:
3 bags in one year? That's really quite a lot. This year, I bought an LV odeon, then pre-ordered something from the LVxKusama collaboration so I think I'm done for now and possibly a few more years too. Hahaha.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2023!!! :biggrin: :smile: :smile:

• Love
Reactions: papertiger
Absolutely love the bag you chose! Do you have any mod shots? Is it the small size?
It’s the mini. They are basically the same price, but the small felt too large for me. The mini holds plenty for my day to day, keys, phone wallet, a couple lip products and I could probably fit in like a deck of cards/gum.
I love that you can do it as a shoulder bag or cross body. I also love the grey. It feels modern, neutral, but not boring.

4834E536-AE40-49FB-A8A3-969F5750240B.jpeg

9A802C73-CCD9-4B1A-A25D-BB03DA36A8D5.jpeg

It’s the mini. They are basically the same price, but the small felt too large for me. The mini holds plenty for my day to day, keys, phone wallet, a couple lip products and I could probably fit in like a deck of cards/gum.
I love that you can do it as a shoulder bag or cross body. I also love the grey. It feels modern, neutral, but not boring.

View attachment 5676870

View attachment 5676871
Looks perfect on you! Grey is a great neutral & I love the silver hardware

Reactions: Red Bag Girl

View attachment 5676870

View attachment 5676871

Looks great on you!

At the end of November we ordered what I think was the last black/black hardware small marmont shoulder bag. It was shipped to me & we put it straight under the tree (it was a gift from my husband). Unfortunately when I opened it, I noticed scuffs on the running G’s & some scratches on the chain showing the brass underneath. So disappointing!! It was supposed to be my first Gucci bag. We took it back to the store & was told they couldn’t replace it as the bag has sold out across Europe. They did offer to repair it but in the end we opted for a refund & I’ve gone for a non-Gucci bag. Although disappointing, the Gucci customer service was excellent.

Reactions: papertiger
At the end of November we ordered what I think was the last black/black hardware small marmont shoulder bag. It was shipped to me & we put it straight under the tree (it was a gift from my husband). Unfortunately when I opened it, I noticed scuffs on the running G’s & some scratches on the chain showing the brass underneath. So disappointing!! It was supposed to be my first Gucci bag. We took it back to the store & was told they couldn’t replace it as the bag has sold out across Europe. They did offer to repair it but in the end we opted for a refund & I’ve gone for a non-Gucci bag. Although disappointing, the Gucci customer service was excellent.

I'm glad to hear it, but I think that whoever could have checked the bag before it was sent out. It's pretty much a good bet that lots of the items going out this time of the year are going to be for presents.

I want the leather Jordaans but they crease too easily. The velvet ones, which are men’s, look nice. Does anyone know how durable they are. Meaning, can I daily these? Too flashy? My sa said that anyone can wear the velvet (men and women). They used to make the same ones for women as well.

I want the leather Jordaans but they crease too easily. The velvet ones, which are men’s, look nice. Does anyone know how durable they are. Meaning, can I daily these? Too flashy? My sa said that anyone can wear the velvet (men and women). They used to make the same ones for women as well.

The men's are made on a different last (slightly wider at the heel) but if they fit they fit.

Haven’t tried them on. I don’t see them in women’s anymore. Regardless, how is the durability for the velvet ones? Good for daily wear?

I haven't tried the velvet but my Jordaan's are exotic skin so basically I don't wear if I think it's going to pour with rain. Shoes are meant to be worn so I don't mind them not looking pristine (including creases).

Reactions: ro3137