Please identify this Gucci

As a newcomer, I’m surprised there’s no “archive” of bags and when they came out, not even for the 2000’s or later. Googling showed me when the Hysteria line came out, from an old purseblog post (2008).
But when were the Abbey D ring hobos released? Just nabbed a couple and interested in their history.View attachment 5669692
Agree. I would love an archive of when bags and scarves came out and their original prices. Many of us keep lists. I bet we could have a very successful and fun group effort.

Agree. I would love an archive of when bags and scarves came out and their original prices. Many of us keep lists. I bet we could have a very successful and fun group effort.

As a newcomer, I’m surprised there’s no “archive” of bags and when they came out, not even for the 2000’s or later. Googling showed me when the Hysteria line came out, from an old purseblog post (2008).
But when were the Abbey D ring hobos released? Just nabbed a couple and interested in their history.
The ref section shows the date of when bags were posted.

There is also the Gucci Vintage Info thread

I apologize by advance if I'm not on the right thread.
Do you know the name of this bamboo handle doctor bag style ?
My research will be more efficient with the true name, and I have no clue in spite being a Gucci follower for like 15 years.
I'm on Ban Island but cannot forget about it. It seems to be pretty rare and dumbly I didn't buy several ones, waiting too long for the price to go down.
Thank you !

Last edited:

I apologize by advance if I'm not on the right thread.
Do you know the name of this bamboo handle doctor bag style ?
My research will be more efficient with the true name, and I have no clue in spite being a Gucci follower for like 15 years.
I'm on Ban Island but cannot forget about it. It seems to be pretty rare and dumbly I didn't buy several ones, waiting too long for the price to go down.
Thank you !

It's a Black Bold Bamboo Top-handle

They were only made for one season (SS15) so they are pretty rare but not impossible to find. They are popular though and seem to be holding their prices. They came in only a few neutral colours black, tan and light beige, and in 3 styles, the one you posted, a large day-clutch, and the rounder BTH style.

It's a Black Bold Bamboo Top-handle

They were only made for one season (SS15) so they are pretty rare but not impossible to find. They are popular though and seem to be holding their prices. They came in only a few neutral colours black, tan and light beige, and in 3 styles, the one you posted, a large day-clutch, and the rounder BTH style.

Thank you !
The quest is already easier now with the style name.

Reactions: papertiger
Hi! I just bought this vintage Gucci purse on Poshmark. Based on the square G logo, I think it’s from the Tom Ford era. Can anyone help me identify the style or year. The serial number is 001-3033 001998. Thanks! 057488A2-B27E-4853-BBB9-67A27E7ACB46.jpeg

Edited: No authenticity questions

Last edited by a moderator: