Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

Hi! Does anyone have the marmont mini camera bag and has converted it from a long crossbody to a Fanny pack? I feel like this bag has gone out of style but it would be cute with a thicker strap that could be worn as a crossbody Fanny pack, but not sure how to go about it (or if my vision will be horrible!)

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
Love Alessandro Michele and what he did for Gucci but he was losing steam, for me anyway since I stopped buying Gucci for several years. Exciting to see which CD is taking over and how Gucci evolves.

:yes: Can't wait to hear.

I think I spent more money with Gucci this year than any, but on less items.

Reactions: loves
Did the Lady Lock (Gucci Kelly) ever come with leather lining or was it always suede? I am referring to model with a single top handle and the additional shoulder strap. Most of what I have seen in my research here seems to be suede but I'm wondering if that was the only configuration.

Hey Gucci fam!
I am recently but by the Gucci bug. I am a makeup person and tried their blush and lipstick and was blown away by the packaging. So I went on their website, just to look. And it blew my mind. Ended up with a grey Marmont. I know some folks think they are out of fashion, but as a newcomer, I can’t get over how beautiful it is. Wearable art.

A month later, I discovered the resale market and now I have 5 Gucci bags total. Plus a pair of heels. I’m slowing my roll for a few months, but absolutely obsessed with the aesthetic.
1355870C-2972-4269-BEC1-3B0EF4C0D18E.jpeg

Did the Lady Lock (Gucci Kelly) ever come with leather lining or was it always suede? I am referring to model with a single top handle and the additional shoulder strap. Most of what I have seen in my research here seems to be suede but I'm wondering if that was the only configuration.

Do you mean this one (Padlock) https://www.gucci.com/uk/en_gb/pr/w...ock-small-gg-top-handle-bag-p-453188KLQJG9785

The only bag that was called the Lady Lock was with a bamboo top-handle and it had suede lining

The bag(s) that had a leather top-handle and a lock were usually called the Gucci 'Kelly' and were created over a long range on and off decade after decade (1950s, 80s, 90s). They were lined in leather. I have a 29cm (taller than a K28) and lined in leather. It had an additional shoulder strap and a mirror. I don't know why they've 'suddenly' been called the Lady Lock on resale - that's never been their official name.

Hey Gucci fam!
I am recently but by the Gucci bug. I am a makeup person and tried their blush and lipstick and was blown away by the packaging. So I went on their website, just to look. And it blew my mind. Ended up with a grey Marmont. I know some folks think they are out of fashion, but as a newcomer, I can’t get over how beautiful it is. Wearable art.

A month later, I discovered the resale market and now I have 5 Gucci bags total. Plus a pair of heels. I’m slowing my roll for a few months, but absolutely obsessed with the aesthetic.
View attachment 5669690

I think the Marmonts look fresh and new in tweed or with the newer silver 'Running GG'

Do you mean this one (Padlock) https://www.gucci.com/uk/en_gb/pr/w...ock-small-gg-top-handle-bag-p-453188KLQJG9785

The only bag that was called the Lady Lock was with a bamboo top-handle and it had suede lining

The bag(s) that had a leather top-handle and a lock were usually called the Gucci 'Kelly' and were created over a long range on and off decade after decade (1950s, 80s, 90s). They were lined in leather. I have a 29cm (taller than a K28) and lined in leather. It had an additional shoulder strap and a mirror. I don't know why they've 'suddenly' been called the Lady Lock on resale - that's never been their official name.
papertiger, thank you for your reply. I was/am referring to the Gucci 'Kelly' as you have noted. My apologies for the brevity of my previous post. If I had taken the time to introduce myself properly and explained why I was asking my questions, it would have been helpful to those attempting to answer.

I know next to nothing about purses. I was looking for a replacement for one of my wife's old Prada purses that needs some love and attention from the repair department. In my browsing I saw the Gucci 'Kelly' and thought that it was an attractive purse. I then came here to do a little bit of research on it. Admittedly, I assumed that the site labeling it as a Lady Lock was accurate, so when I came here to search I found mixed information.

I happened upon TPF via the Styleforum/TPF Hermes crossover years ago, and I have found it useful when researching gift ideas for my wife. This interaction is a perfect example of that. @papertiger , your informative post gives me a great place to start researching what options are available.

• Thanks
Reactions: papertiger
OK. I just recently started to browse the Gucci website again. Geez, the prices are outrageous. I know other luxury brands are the same way too, but remember 15 years ago, you could get Gucci on sale at Nordstrom handbag clearance aisles? I swear this little clutch I got was around $250?

I mean no disrespect, but I just pulled out this mini Gucci I got ages ago. And it looks better imo than some of the offerings on mini options right now. The current minis are very androgynous looking. Come on!

So I went ahead and added a 26 and 46in brass chains so I can change up the looks.

Really my horsebit is super big and the clutch has studs and it's so Gucci and feminine!

PS: I get the Aphrodite line and the quality leather, but I can't agree with other pieces.

IMG_3700.jpeg

OK. I just recently started to browse the Gucci website again. Geez, the prices are outrageous. I know other luxury brands are the same way too, but remember 15 years ago, you could get Gucci on sale at Nordstrom handbag clearance aisles? I swear this little clutch I got was around $250?

I mean no disrespect, but I just pulled out this mini Gucci I got ages ago. And it looks better imo than some of the offerings on mini options right now. The current minis are very androgynous looking. Come on!

So I went ahead and added a 26 and 46in brass chains so I can change up the looks.

Really my horsebit is super big and the clutch has studs and it's so Gucci and feminine!

PS: I get the Aphrodite line and the quality leather, but I can't agree with other pieces.

View attachment 5675237

I actually need to STOP looking at the Gucci website altogether. The prices of the RTW make me wince. I already bought 3 bags this year - I cannot buy anymore - at least for a while.

Great Idea for the Horse-bit convertible clutch (I have one in black leather) that chain looks perfect. I would have to find a good quality brass chain, or perhaps I could add my studded GUCCI long strap that came with my Blondie :thinking: