Suggestions for odds 'n ends to keep in office?

Couturegrl

Addicted to Tiffany's
O.G.
Apr 24, 2006
So I am getting my new office tomorrow (yes!) and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what little 'luxuries' I should keep in there.:P

I am thinking:

Radio
Blanket
Candle/aromatherapy

Any other suggestions?

TIA!:heart:

I see that you live in Arizona, so this might not be relevant, but when I had an office I always brought in a small space heater. I used it Sept. - April.

I have a card holder in the shape of a large diamond ring (a large diamond ring that stands upright with a clip behind the diamond to hold business cards...and it was only $3.50 at Claire's!), and a Movado desk clock. There's also a pen set with my name monogrammed on it, and a mini waterfall with running water with rocks in it. I don't know if any of that is your style, but I think they're different yet stylish.

I have a beautiful very real-looking Bird of Paradise in a tall vase in a corner (You can put a gorgeous one together at hobby lobby or michaels for thirty bucks or less!) and a gorgeous Van Gogh painting for inspiration where I can see it when I sit at my computer :yes:

Here's some more:

chap stick or lip gloss
mirror
eye drops
Tums
Tylenol or other pain relievers
nail file
contact lens solution (if you wear contacts, of course!)
Tide stain pen
Static Guard
Hand lotion

I know, I'm all about practicality! LOL

flashlight
handheld transistor radio
extra batteries
first aid kit
snacks (dried)
sewing kit

I TOTALLY agree with this- I was caught in the blackout of 2003 in NYC and the flashlight saved me. You can get a flashlight for your keychain if you don't want to keep an actual one. My miniature swiss army knife also came in handy.

Make sure you have enough snacks to tide you over and make up for a meal in case you don't have your wallet or the time to go and get lunch.

I keep a real plate and silverware for when I eat lunch at my desk. I also have my own supply of teas, and plastic cutlery and paper plates. Also, some personal stationery might be nice if you want to write a note to someone as a thank-you or whatever.

Also-keep a spare pair of socks and sneakers in your desk. I also have shout wipes and a mini lint roller and safety pins.
Congrats on the new office!

I TOTALLY agree with this- I was caught in the blackout of 2003 in NYC and the flashlight saved me.

word. I live in LA and have always been afraid I'd be trapped in a building after an earthquake or just unable to get home.
I just thought of another one....salt and pepper shakers....could never find one when I needed one!