Cartier Earrings Thread

REALLY?!! I was playing with them yesterday and noticed that if I pulled the backings off a bit while wearing they felt much better. They snap on and my reaction to start was OW! My ears turned red. If Cartier can loosen the backs they will feel better.

After seeing the disappointment in my husband's eyes when I suggested exchanging them, I decided to keep them because they make him happy. I asked if I could get the huggie version for daily wear for my birthday this year - and he said yes! :smile:

Thanks for letting me know! I'll totally follow up with my SA!

PS. They look gorgeous on you! Such a stunning and classic set of earrings!
Did you end up getting them adjusted? I just finally got them too, they were ok back order for a while. I’m having similar issue. It’s not as painful as you described but not exactly comfortable either. Curious how you find them after the adjustment, thanks

Thank you for the help @oceanz22 ! My love hoops were sent to NY where they lengthened the posts. So much better! No more pinching.
This answers my question ignore my other comment thanks

Reactions: Seaglasshunter
Does anyone have the Trinity earrings, the small model ? I was interested in these but can't really find a lot of pictures of them. I was wondering if they were angled (meaning if there is a right and left earring, as the small Love hoops are) ? I love that about the Love earrings, I think angled earrings look so much better on my ears. Does anyone else know please ?
Thank you in advance !
Are these the little hoops? I am hoping to see and buy them in Paris in two weeks. I hadn’t thought about the handedness of the earrings

It's not clear which are small but I am guessing I don't have the 10mm because my 13.2mm go all the way round.

They both have a L and R but only to preference. Everyone's ears are slightly different and some prefer the main colour hoops curving in and others out. In the case of the 13.2mm, there is a slight angle to the hoops' posts.

Great to hear! Did they know right away how much to adjust them by? Is it standard or based on the ear lobe?
No, they didn't know what to do at first in the store. I went in and showed them where I wanted them to be based on my diamond stud earrings. They measured and brought in their service tech to look. It took them awhile to complete the service form. They wrote down some measurements and sent them off. I think in NY they just put another a larger size post on and then loosened the back to fit. So, I think it must be a standard adjustment and not custom. They are *almost* too big. I have some room behind the backing but they don't droop which I was worried about. Trust me, the bigger feels so much better than the way they came even if they are a little loose!! Very much worth it.
60F00526-EB4A-4511-9ED5-34D0597DDCD8.jpeg

No, they didn't know what to do at first in the store. I went in and showed them where I wanted them to be based on my diamond stud earrings. They measured and brought in their service tech to look. It took them awhile to complete the service form. They wrote down some measurements and sent them off. I think in NY they just put another a larger size post on and then loosened the back to fit. So, I think it must be a standard adjustment and not custom. They are *almost* too big. I have some room behind the backing but they don't droop which I was worried about. Trust me, the bigger feels so much better than the way they came even if they are a little loose!! Very much worth it.
Thank you! I’m also worried that they will ‘Fall out’ so to say if there’s more room. I do love the edgy look they create and they’re matching with my bracelet. I have another pair of Trinity earrings, same exact issue with pinching. I will bring at least one of the them for service next week. Hopefully they’ll be able to figure it out. I’m in NY so hoping it won’t take forever

The screw-ball post is truly a nightmare! I like the idea in theory, but my issue was that the ball didn’t screw all the way to the back of the ear…so mine fell forward a little bit, too. However, for me and my ears/piercings, the 7.2mm were too big, and I preferred the 6mm singles.

Instead of exchanging or returning, I had my earrings sent off to have the backs changed. It is complimentary service, as listed on the website. I had mine changed to a butterfly/push-back, and I’ve never been happier! (https://www.cartier.com/en-ca/jewelry-adjust-repair.html)

The 7.2mm look awesome on you! If my piercings weren’t so close together, I likely would have gone with the 7.2mm - especially because I would have preferred the rose gold.

Enjoy!

View attachment 5644495
Thanks for the info. I called Customer Service today and they told they can't do it bc they're not supposed to change the "design of the original earrings" So now I'm confused. Anyone had the same experience? Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I called Customer Service today and they told they can't do it bc they're not supposed to change the "design of the original earrings" So now I'm confused. Anyone had the same experience? Thanks.
Ugh. I’m sorry that you ran into this issue. Did you call a 1-800 customer service number? I would call the store nearest you and try to speak to an SA or a manager…and then tell them about the policy listed on the website if they give you any trouble.

Ugh. I’m sorry that you ran into this issue. Did you call a 1-800 customer service number? I would call the store nearest you and try to speak to an SA or a manager…and then tell them about the policy listed on the website if they give you any trouble.
Yes, will do. I called the Beverly Hills one and they said they would call me back but nothing yet. I'll follow-up with them tomorrow. Thanks again :smile: