How to dress when going into an Hermes store?

I think if you have been invited to an event (where you are celebrating the brand and there will be photos etc), I would avoid any pieces obviously from another fashion house. Because why would they want to promote another brand?

And I wouldn’t pile on the Chanel to go to Hermes but that’s just because to me that would be weird.

Beyond that, I wouldn’t worry about it.

I think if you have been invited to an event (where you are celebrating the brand and there will be photos etc), I would avoid any pieces obviously from another fashion house. Because why would they want to promote another brand?

And I wouldn’t pile on the Chanel to go to Hermes but that’s just because to me that would be weird.

Beyond that, I wouldn’t worry about it.
Haha I didn’t pile on my Chanel to go to Hermes, I just happened to be wearing them that day and happen to be presented to the SM, so was wondering.

Reactions: A1aGypsy
Saw this mentioned randomly at another thread regarding dress code for an event and advised to not wear other big logos like Chanel, is it frowned upon wearing other brand to shop? I wore all of my Chanel to my last boutique appointment and was offered to meet the SM :eek:is that bad? I mean I think they know that I’m relatively new to the brand and have yet to be offered a bag….
I doubt it matters if you wear other brands to shop although if you are invited to an event it would probably be best to wear the brand that is hosting the event. I wear Chanel and other similar brands to shop all the time and my SA often compliments them.

Saw this mentioned randomly at another thread regarding dress code for an event and advised to not wear other big logos like Chanel, is it frowned upon wearing other brand to shop? I wore all of my Chanel to my last boutique appointment and was offered to meet the SM :eek:is that bad? I mean I think they know that I’m relatively new to the brand and have yet to be offered a bag….
Not true in my case! I carried and wear other brands into the store. I think they actually enjoy seeing other brands bc they always comments on them… but i always mix with a piece that my has gotten for me before thou!

I think you refer to my comment in another thread. The comment was specifically for the event, which is hosted by the corporate and Hermes CEO would be there. For regular shopping trip, you could wear whatever you want. I mostly wear jeans/leggings with t-shirt when I come to the store, and never feel judged.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Crapples
I think you refer to my comment in another thread. The comment was specifically for the event, which is hosted by the corporate and Hermes CEO would be there. For regular shopping trip, you could wear whatever you want. I mostly wear jeans/leggings with t-shirt when I come to the store, and never feel judged.
Thank you :P I was just curious as I hear people being judged base on what they are wearing all the time. Enjoy the event and definitely post pictures so we can all have some fun:loveeyes:

• Love
Reactions: RuedeRivoli

Honestly, I don't think it matters too much what brands you wear to your H appt. I have gone in carrying my Chanel bag or mixing my Coco crush jewelry with Hermes jewelry. My old SA and my current SA have complimented either my bag or jewelry. I feel like some SA's also appreciate other fashion houses. That said, I don't go into Hermes branding logos. I am more of a reissue bag girl when carrying Chanel.

Never happened to me at Hermes but it happened at Bvlgari. Is a huge lack of respect for the customer. In my situation I wasn't wearing any visible logo that day, only tiny Chanel earrings and a Mini Kelly.

I wouldn't wear massive logos to a brand event. I liken that more to a fashion show where the expectation is that you are dressed in the brand, or at least not advertising another brand blatantly. That said, even to an event, I would wear unbranded/non-logo'd non-Hermes clothing, particularly if I didn't have a large H RTW collection already. No one would blink an eye. On the other hand, I wear whatever the hell I want to appointments, logos and all.

Thank you :P I was just curious as I hear people being judged base on what they are wearing all the time. Enjoy the event and definitely post pictures so we can all have some fun:loveeyes:
People say this a lot for Hermes, but my husband and I never get judged by anything we wear. From dressing up in all brands on the weekend date, that we got complimented on by my SA. Or weekday after work appointment, we still have our work clothes with our hospital badges we forgot to take out. Instead they actually come to us and have a honest conversation of how crazy work is these days. And everyone becomes so friendly. So just be yourself, wear what you wear, dont overthink.

Having shopped at other fashion houses, my experience is it will depend on the SA. I feel like you should show up as yourself.
I agree! In my experiences SAs can read shoppers' intentions really well, and if you are trying to dress to impress it may backfire. I've heard of stories where people (in an attempt to look "nice") will wear fakes and the SAs will complement the fakes in while knowing full well what they are.