Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Five things we learnt from Harry and Meghan’s Netflix trailer​

Archive link HERE:
“No one sees what’s happening behind closed doors,” says Prince Harry, in forthcoming Netflix series Harry & Meghan. But, thanks to the trailer, now we can. And in the case of the formerly royal couple, it’s this: pose for a lot of pictures and plot the downfall of the Princess of Wales.

WTF! When it's so glaringly obvious even in a documentary about their, uh, story.

2. They love a selfie (and a presidential-style photographer)
Harry and Meghan snapping a blurred selfie on their mobile phone. Harry and Meghan in a photo booth. Harry and Meghan with their dogs. Harry and Meghan dancing on their wedding day. Harry and Meghan doing the jump-in-the-air-starfish-pose beloved of local newspaper photographers on A-level results day. There are many, many pictures of Harry and Meghan in the trailer for Harry & Meghan, all in tasteful black and white. Meghan also gets some of her own, including a beautifully backlit image of her cradling her belly while pregnant.

Wow, we've never seen her do that, can't wait!

It appears that they have also been followed around, US president-style, by a personal photographer. There are intimate moments here which look wonderfully candid, until you reflect on the weirdness of a photographer being there – why is someone snapping them as they relax on the kitchen counter at Frogmore Cottage after a black-tie event?

Because the a*sholes plotted this while still being working royals would be my informed guess.

3. Kate is the villain

Really, really bold.

(by what must be an accident of editing, the frame cuts off the top of Harry’s head, thus giving the impression that he has an impressive thatch of hair).

:lol:

I don’t think it’s racist to ask someone their ethnicity, if it’s obvious they’re dressed up for an occasion, in non-Western clothes. Clothes from different cultures are so interesting and beautiful.

I do think it would be odd to just ask someone their ethnicity without anything to prompt that question.

I’m not sure I believe the transcript of that conversation. It may have started off like that, but I do think it’s strange for LSH to persist. I do wonder if the rest of it was embellished. Because it would look really bad for the palace to deny that’s what really happened. It would be she said, she said.

I just don’t think it’s believable unless someone actually recorded the conversation. Having NF’s friend vouch for its accuracy isn’t convincing to me, given her past comments against the RF.

And for fun… Yoko Markle

View attachment 5662770
That is fun! I didn't realise the parallels in these two couples. Both women stalked out their victim, and rode the coat tails of fame. Both thought they were talented in their own right, and wanted to be as much in the spotlight as their victim, sorry, husbands :lol:

I was going through the TV channels a few nights ago and saw on TMZ that Jay Leno appeared at a comedy club to perform. When he got out of the car, the press were all over him and asking their questions about his recent accident.

His wife was with him, but she stayed well back from all the flashbulbs and if you hadn't seen her get out of the car with Jay, you would never have known she was there. Very classy.

That's the route I would definitely go.....you get the very comfortable lifestyle and privacy to live your life.

I agree...although I can also understand her perspective...I have complained about people (customer service reps, sales staff etc) and then all of a sudden I feel bad and panic and say I don't want this person to lose their job or anything serious and just ask for better training

There should be serious consequences for Racism. Look at the backlash and financial hits Kanye has received because of his racist rants. Imo She deserves to reap the consequences of her actions as well.

A great response to the Harkles, Scoobie, Nefl*x and others. Hear the crowds in Boston and Chelsea!

Here's a thought: The O's have a home on nearby Martha's Vineyard. I know it is highly unlikely, but I would die laughing if one or both turned up as surprise guests at tomorrow's Earthshot ceremony/dinner. The Wales' friendship with the O's is just one of MM's many grievances against them. I imagine her grinding her teeth every time she sees young George in his bathrobe conversing with the Os.