Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just please indulge me for a minute as I share my scarf mail! I have been looking for this pretty cw of La Vie du Grand Nord since I saw it on @momasaurus. I finally found it-- quite well loved, but a bath and a little spot treatment later, here she is. Not on theme except that how would I get to the Great North? Perhaps a boat would get me there... Tied to show the sweet husky face :smile:
View attachment 5662401
Lovely!

• Thanks
Reactions: LKBNOLA
I like to collect place scarves-- like many of you-- either souvenirs of travel or scarves that have emotional resonance with a place I have lived. Happily two such scarves also feature boats! Here is a design I love so much that I collected two: one for the red hibiscus at the center and the other for the strong border and the butterflies :heart: : Varangues (with a hat tip to my sister @HScarfCollector and cousin @paula24jen). The minute I saw it I felt transported back to the islands and homes of my childhood.
View attachment 5662756View attachment 5662757
And here is the second scarf which celebrates the city I lived in for over forty years as an adult-- the second home to all the world. One of my board members was a founding director of the Battery Park Conservancy who shared details of the "vision" during the early days of development. In a relatively short time (for urban projects!) the Conservancy's dream has become an amazing reality-- a workspace, a playground, a sports and cultural venue, a place of memory and renewal. And kayaks and paddleboards and recreational boats, too!
View attachment 5662761View attachment 5662762
You have the perfect sweater for Battery Park. Beautiful Knot.
I could not find the right blue top/sweater and sold mine long ago. :noworry:

• Thanks
Reactions: LKBNOLA
SOTD, attended a funeral for an Irish friend’s parent today. Several of us wore a bit of green, i grabbed a neutral scarf but as I checked my appearance in the car mirror I was tickled to notice this lovely green detail in Les Biches (1957).

My first time wearing it since the acquisition almost two years ago, look at those cute heads peaking out.

View attachment 5662421View attachment 5662422View attachment 5662423
So sorry to hear of your friend's loss, but you look lovely in this beauty. :hugs:
Yes it most certainly is. The contrast hem is outstanding, and the tie you have chosen highlights is perfectly!

Those are some dizzying knots! They remind me of Celtic knotwork designs.
beautiful both ways.

Yes, you can! And I agree, it almost functions as a neutral. Plus… birds ;)

Lovely!

I marvel at the breadth of your collection, @xincinsin. And hopefully the motion sickness does not prevent you from enjoying these lovelies.

boots and scarf are great, and work so well together. The colour combo is very polished, and you’ve wrangled the silk with an expert hand. Now.. to find a coordinating hat… ;)

Wow. This is surprisingly festive and structured in this CW. Very elegant. And the black hem is :ps:

Lovely with the MOP chain d’ancre. bonus points for theme crossover :tup:

:panic: I would be in a swivet of excitement, too @LKBNOLA. Just look at that darling puppy face. Congratulations on finding your Grand Nord!

Condolences, @Iflola. I haven’t seen this before. What tender details. Vintage silk is lovely.
Thank you sweetheart!

SOTD Objets de curiosité - there could be something nautical on it or all the toys were traded and transported by boat.View attachment 5662573
Beautiful colors!
Nice poem sister ! Nice match with your earings too View attachment 5662582
Thank you sista! This is a beautiful colorway!
I thought for sure when I pulled out Les Triples, to help soften my look w my black top, that those three rascals surely would be playing w boats in a fountain. But alas, no boats. Just falling into a fountain haha. Maybe they were pulling out the boat and fell in :graucho:
View attachment 5662612
View attachment 5662613
So cute!
SOTD, L'art du temari ( not on thème, sorry)View attachment 5662615
ooooo - I love this green colorway!
I quite forgot I had Varangues as it’s in the rehoming pile, but it is on theme.

View attachment 5662668View attachment 5662669
What a beauty and a moussie! :faint:
Such a pretty cw, Cookue, and it really pops with your spring green sweater. Lovely.
Thanks cutie!! :hugs:
Sur Mon Nuage Bleu Ciel/Parme/Jaune c/w 13. With it's beautiful candy stripe hems, reminiscent of thin ropes!!!
View attachment 5662705
oh myyyyyy :faint:
Mega quote warning

This is my favorite cw. It is so beautiful

This looks great in whatever fold. The hem is poppin

Such A perfect scarf for a beach/ocean lover. The artwork on the shells is so beautiful

Wow a really cool design! I had to look it up. And that green :heart:

Wow wow wow. The eye candy in this variety of boat interpretations. So fun to see them all lined up. But your heian color is gorgeous!!

awe so happy to be Twins with you. Amazing against that colored top! Remind me again what your other two colorways were?

:faint: Thisssss is perfection!! Mulberry will be on everyone’s closet wishlist after seeing you in it. It just doesn’t get any better than this.

I am absolutely smitten with your colorway. it is gorgeous w that pale pink inside and snappy border. Wow

What a great corner in the design. This is so fun and whimsical

Haha clever expansion of theme. Stunning!! And your cobalt blue top equally looks stunning. The detail in it :hbeat:

I had totally forgotten about the hem on this. What a perfect nautical colorway for this Design. And your first tie…wowza!

This doesn’t even look like the same scarf. I love it when that happens w a design.

SO happy this worked out for you. It is glorious in its design and on you. Definitely add pieces in these colors into your closet. These look amazing on you

What a unique colorway and unique design with the white stencil work. A graphic marvel! I can see what it is a favorite

your posts are always such a joy to read. I love that we all know you so well from your silkie sharing

You have made both stylish pieces work perfectly on you.

What a glorious and shiny look! Perfect for holiday time. The earrings too. :ps:

love being sisters in this design with you.

Awe sorry for their loss. This scarf is a gem, and that green in it is so delicate

wow love how this tie is highlighting this interior design so well. I don’t even recognized the cw when tied like this. Gorgeous!

Doesn’t get more water themed than this! What a pop of color

So jealous you can make this colorway work so well!

Such pretty colors. Glad you got in another wearing

So pretty in pink. So Feminine
Thank you for your kind comments Nomad! :hugs:
I like to collect place scarves-- like many of you-- either souvenirs of travel or scarves that have emotional resonance with a place I have lived. Happily two such scarves also feature boats! Here is a design I love so much that I collected two: one for the red hibiscus at the center and the other for the strong border and the butterflies :heart: : Varangues (with a hat tip to my sister @HScarfCollector and cousin @paula24jen). The minute I saw it I felt transported back to the islands and homes of my childhood.
View attachment 5662756View attachment 5662757
And here is the second scarf which celebrates the city I lived in for over forty years as an adult-- the second home to all the world. One of my board members was a founding director of the Battery Park Conservancy who shared details of the "vision" during the early days of development. In a relatively short time (for urban projects!) the Conservancy's dream has become an amazing reality-- a workspace, a playground, a sports and cultural venue, a place of memory and renewal. And kayaks and paddleboards and recreational boats, too!
View attachment 5662761View attachment 5662762
Wow... wow!!!
I gasp each time I unfold L'Ocean and see that big ship anew. I seem to forget its magnificence each time.

View attachment 5662768View attachment 5662769

I've held it back this week so I could gaze at its glory unfolded for a few days longer.

L'Ocean is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5662777
It is an incredible boat and (to me) even more amazing how H managed to get all that detail on silk!
The seafarers of the past spoke of encounters which grew in the telling. Some sane explanations have been advanced for their amazing tales, but I prefer to believe in mermaids and sea monsters, and dragon palaces under the waves.

A mermaid in J'attends mon prince and the kraken tentacles along the border of Voyage de Pytheas
View attachment 5662765
De la Mer au Ciel which reminds me of Charybdis - the sea monster in Greek myths which is presumed to be a whirlpool.
View attachment 5662764

Dragons in Turandot, Dragon Flash and Tsubas. In Chinese myths, dragons ruled all forms of water: the rivers, the seas, and even rainfall. And they had palaces in the sea.
View attachment 5662763
At night, the seafarers navigated by the constellations. This version of Cosmos issued for Air France depicts the night sky with a hippocampus in the centre, the winged fish-tailed sea horse which draws Poseidon's chariot.
View attachment 5662767
At the corners of Cosmos, Apollo approaches bringing the sun. And perhaps, as the rays of dawn brighten the sky, sea birds which appear dull and monochrome in the half-light suddenly transform in a blaze of colour to dazzle our sleepy sailors.
Mythiques Phoenix in 2 colourways (sotd today).
View attachment 5662766
Another delightful post Xincinsin! You've led us down a fairytale/mythological path ending in your favorite Jungle Chickens... I mean Phoenix!
Looking through archive pics I found a comparison of Cite Cavaliere and Battery Park, which reminded me there are boats in both. They are very similar when tied so almost interchangeable but I won’t part with either of them…

View attachment 5662791View attachment 5662792View attachment 5662793
I would knot have noticed this if you hadn't show us - amazing!
(and I would not rehome either of them!)
One-neck argument :lol:. As for the collecting of these beauties, I couldn’t agree more, dear Xincinsin. I struggle between the “I only have one neck” and the desire to own the many beauties that make my heart go pittypat.

SOTD to visit my beautiful 93-yo aunt, kind of on-theme, Les Secrets de Minos, depicting the frescoes on the Palace of Knossos on Crete. Wedgewood pin depicting a greek muse/angel.
View attachment 5662798
Have a fun day Karenska - you look lovely!
Yes yes yes!!!
(wearing one of mine this week!)
Balloon Ships on Les Folies Du Ciel :smile:
I fell in love with the raspberry border.

View attachment 5662833

View attachment 5662834

View attachment 5662835
So pretty and yes - that raspberry border is irresistible!

Also, a propos of the one neck dilemma-- here is a January post from the wonderful @Ladybaga, who wistfully wondered if there couldn't be a Hydra-Octopus H monster to allow for nine necks and eight arms!
"Thank you, LKBNOLA, for the clarification on the three headed Cerberus. I need to brush up on my mythology. I am laughing at the nine necks for more scarf wearing possibilities! Count me in on that, too! I always said the same about bracelets. I can only stack so many on one arm, so if I could just be an octopus, I would be covered. Hmmm...imagine a Hydra-Octopus combo! That would allow for a lot of Hermes accessory wearability! :lol:"
On, but the coordination dilemma… :shocked::girlshocked:

Stretching the topic today - yesterday I said that the ocean is big and it’s blue…
My scarf today is big and blue, this color reminds me of the tropical seas
Ceinture et Liens
View attachment 5662860
Another gorgeous changeant?! @Cookiefiend, I think you may be single-handedly responsible for the scarcity of these on the market! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.