What do y'all think about the Balenciaga SS23 & Adidas collab "teddy" controversy?

What's your take in the Balenciaga teddy bear controversay?

• It's harmless

Votes: 23 3.2%
  • It's disgusting

Votes: 553 76.7%
  • It's just to garner attention - Balenciaga being Balenciaga

Votes: 94 13.0%
  • I don't know what to think

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • What controversay? (links in post)

Votes: 5 0.7%

• Total voters
Bears repeating!
We'd like to leave this thread open, but political conspiracy theories, among other comments need to stop. Discuss the topic only please, let's keep the discussion open and all responses to others need to remain respectful.

Also, let’s stick closely to topic, it really helps preventing tangents and drama.

Last edited:
Balenciaga is blaming the photographer and the photographer is claiming she was doing what she was told.

(I'm ranting aloud - not toward you!) The photographer was DEFINITELY doing what she was told. No one would take liberties like that and no high fashion house is likely to allow that. And anywhere from 6-12 Bal employees had to approve this campaign before it hit the streets - including Demna. Balenciaga needs to hire a crisis PR team, STAT. Kering as well. It's such a bad look to blame others and not take direct responsibility.
Just a quick note, the photographer is a male.

Children in bondage gear are not art. Children's sexualization IS NOT ART. That is why this country is going down morally. People are completely numb and desensitized to child sexual abuse. As a psychologist, I can say THIS IS NOT ART. The message was loud and clear. People should start spending time in psychiatric hospitals and volunteer at shelters to see the ramifications and consequences of child abuse. The victims are loud and clear about what they experienced. If you think what they did is normal, you need therapy

I'd like to see verification on this other than NY Post, a tabloid. Has any credible media confirmed this?
what is "credible?" CNN, Fox news, MSN? Mainstream media is a propaganda machine for the elites. Look at the paperwork and do research for yourself. The court paperwork is Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition (which is a trade association for the adult-entertainment industry) People keep waiting for the mainstream media to deliver information on a silver platter so they can form opinions. If you rely on MSM to think for you, you will be deceived for the rest of your life.

They didn't even remotely take accountabilty. They filed a lawsuit against the set designer and production company and blamed others for the content. There's ZERO chance all images weren't approved by Demna and at least 2-10 other executives. I'd put all I have on there being Balenciaga employees at the photo shoots when these photos were taken. This is deflection 101.
Exactly!!!!! How would people feel if someone is sexualizing their children? Lawsuits are not an expression of accountability. They are playing their narcissistic games and projecting onto others what they did themselves. They are anti-social (read the meaning of Anti-social personality disorder in the DSM5). Being anti-social is not being shy. Someone with an anti-social personality disorder doesn't have any morals or ethics. They victimize themselves. They are sociopaths. It's everyone else's fault, but theirs.

I'd like to see verification on this other than NY Post, a tabloid. Has any credible media confirmed this?
Fact-checking shows that the image with the Supreme Court document is from an entirely separate campaign, photo shoot, and photographer than the "bear bags" campaign - so we definitely do need continued examination of the issue, because the initial story was that this was all one campaign.

Fact-checking shows that the image with the Supreme Court document is from an entirely separate campaign, photo shoot, and photographer than the "bear bags" campaign - so we definitely do need continued examination of the issue, because the initial story was that this was all one campaign.
Thank you for an actual answer and substantive comment.

Last edited:
Yeah, the "do your own research" crowd...well. Go ahead and point me to your source on this. It can't be NY Post, which is itself devoid of a citation on it.
LOL :smartass: are your neurons working? So get them to join hands and work for you. Nobody here is your admin. The paperwork is clear and the court papers are on the web for anyone to see.

I don't even know how to start this post. Maybe we should all ask, "Why isn't the celebrities talking about this?" They have an opinion about everything. Isn't child pedophilia big enough to be spoken against? If you have a child, and someone commits a crime against your child, either sexual abuse or anything pedophilia related, are you going to be quiet about it, waiting for the perpetrator to issue an apology? These celebrities are not speaking up because we know who owns them. Kim Kardashian has been quiet about this and she has children. She is one of Balenciaga's biggest supporters. There are large groups of elites who have been running child trafficking and child sexual abuse rings for years. Why now?? They have been able to get away with their symbolism for many years, but they got too comfortable knowing that people were blind to it. They are being bold about their symbols and were expecting people to get on the pedophilia bandwagon. But this time, it didn't work. People are waking up and what do they do? "Oops ... we apologize if this was offensive to you." OMG ... these companies have a lot of resources to work on their brands, from analysts to psychologists, to anything you can imagine that will work on specific themes to brainwash people and make them hooked on their products. We do not know because we are not in the know. All we know is that we are addicted to these brands and we sit here waiting for them to release a statement so they can redeem themselves and we go on with our "tea room" lives as if nothing happened. We need to wake up and stop allowing these elites to take advantage of young women, children or anyone that they can use to profit from. Balenciaga has been in this pdophilia business for many years. Who ever heard of Rachel Chandler?? She was a big attendee at Epstein Island. She has a model agency that would "recruit" children and under age girls to shoot for Balenciaga and other brands. Where did Rachel get these girls from? She had pictures of Epstein house cameras. If you go to ther agency IG, you can't comment on anything. They are trying to shut us down. We need to stop being complacent and stop giving these people our hard earned money. This is not about teddy bears and bondage clothing. Look at how the theme of child sexualization was perfectly aligned throughout the pictures. Open your eyes and stand for what is right
I can here to say exactly this and you summed it up perfectly

Which just shows they were on this p*do bandwagon for a long time, and saw how much they got away with it until it blew in their faces with this teddy photoshoot because they kept getting bolder. This was planned to the most finest detail, mark my words.

Which just shows they were on this p*do bandwagon for a long time, and saw how much they got away with it until it blew in their faces with this teddy photoshoot because they kept getting bolder. This was planned to the most finest detail, mark my words.
Nailed it! It was and it has been. Because people haven't been following their footsteps for a while, can't believe it. They think it was one photoshoot. They think it is one instance. "Oh, we will wait for a statement and we will forgive them." This has been happening for a long time. Research Rachel Chandler. People have been asleep. Some come with this excuse "show me proof." Oh come on ... this is as old as the 1500's. They canceled Kanye for a tweet. But nobody is canceling them or the main company who owns Balenciaga. Why? Why did Balenciaga cancel their Twitter account? Why did they remove all their IG posts? Why is Kim Kardashian quiet? Why is Hollywood quiet? They throw stones at everyone for any little thing but they don't want to talk about this. They are all involved and their ties are very very deep.