Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My knot today is one I recently learned. It could "knot" be easier and for those of you who like the look of the Friendship knot or the Camellia knot, this is a super easy variation with just a simple scarf ring. I learned it from @primrosecolorbyakiko on Instagram in her tutorial dated 11/03. You can make the knot tighter or looser, higher or lower, tie the tails a second time below the ring or not-- it is very easy and versatile! I believe @Cookiefiend also recently showed this knot with her beautiful Ivresse de l'Infini. Here it is with Flaneries a Versailles:
View attachment 5659709
Lovely. This knot is elegant and neat! I have never seen Flaneries a Versailles in this ‘pen and ink’ kind of cw. It’s so pretty.

Today I will try to replicate this knot from Agrume, which I admire greatly. My scarf of the day is Panthera Pardus.

It is a modified basic bias fold (fold the scarf in a triangle, then the point back to the base, and then halve it) and in the first 2 pictures a knot I learned from Magjes I think: wrap the scarf twice round the neck, do a half knot, and then the second half right around the whole scarf. for the third 90 photo, I just did a normal knot.

the variation of the bias fold allows to show the hem and border better than the usual fold, where you hide much of thsee elements.

20221126_102048.jpg

Thank you, @xincinsin, for hosting Knots for Dummies week. These sorts of knots were right down my alley.

My knot today is one I recently learned. It could "knot" be easier and for those of you who like the look of the Friendship knot or the Camellia knot, this is a super easy variation with just a simple scarf ring. I learned it from @primrosecolorbyakiko on Instagram in her tutorial dated 11/03. You can make the knot tighter or looser, higher or lower, tie the tails a second time below the ring or not-- it is very easy and versatile! I believe @Cookiefiend also recently showed this knot with her beautiful Ivresse de l'Infini. Here it is with Flaneries a Versailles:
View attachment 5659709
Oh, I have to learn this!
These are all so wonderful, Xincinsin, and a great idea for traveling. For air travel, I tend to rely on smaller formats, too, because I don’t take a lot of luggage. I would love to find a small format Awooo! And I love how you style your gavs tying two to create one look.
Sometimes I cheer myself up by telling little stories to myself :lol: when I select my small formats. This combo was inspired by a previous scarf mistress: death and the maiden.
PicsArt_09-03-10.57.04.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 5659709
Gorgeous with navy! Very elegant and polished.

Thanksgiving’s scarf knot was an “okay I don’t like that, so just tie it!”
View attachment 5659915
And today’s knot is one we all LOVE - the “OMG look what came in the mail!!” knot :panic:
View attachment 5659914
OMG, that scarf is a wonder. Lucky moussie queen, @Cookiefiend! You have a knack for discovering gems. Woud you please share the location of your moussie gold mine so that I can run there:graucho:? I have never seen this design. It is sooooo beautiful :panic: ! And as always, it is worn with just the right top :flowers:

OMG, that scarf is a wonder. Lucky moussie queen, @Cookiefiend! You have a knack for discovering gems. Woud you please share the location of your moussie gold mine so that I can run there:graucho:? I have never seen this design. It is sooooo beautiful :panic: ! And as always, it is worn with just the right top :flowers:
Thank you dear!! :hugs:
It is Cheval Fleuri - a lovely vintage design!

• Thanks
Reactions: Marie-the-Mary
Thank you @CedarWaxWing. It’s the darker one. I have both, and they wear very similarly, particularly in any tie that highlights the middle sections. I prefer the pale gold flat, as it’s luminous, but the deeper earth tones in the darker one suit me slightly better I think. I find myself reaching for it more. You can’t go wrong with either, though.
Thank you @Lellabelle! I have Lazy Leopardesses with the pink border, but often find I wish I had a neutral border, and was never able to decide between the two you have without seeing them IRL. Now I would go for the olive border based on what you have written here. I love those leopard eyes on this scarf.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody celebrating the day; hopefully with family and friends!

Thanksgiving does not exist as a holiday in my country - yet Black Friday has become very important for shopping venues in the past few years.

I‘m not out shopping today because it‘s cold and rainy which made me reach for my warmest Hermès scarf; an oversized cashmere stole hand woven in Nepal. There is no knot at all because it‘s too large and bulky for it. But I love being draped in a mass of cashmere - even though I feel a bit like drowning in it.

View attachment 5658892

I love this stole. Such great craftsmanship.

I have the habit of purchasing designs that I find really, really super wearable with my wardrobe in two cws-- a dark and a light. This design ties just so fabulously and it goes with everything! So as soon as I received the aubergine En Liberte, I knew I wanted the cream one as well. You can see the blues are so similar but to me the overall mood is different...For @Nomad:
CW 02
View attachment 5659550
CW 04
View attachment 5659547

This is pretty darn great.

My cheat code for travelling, now that we are travelling again, is to bring small formats to mix and match. In warm countries, gavs and 70s provide a pop of colour. In colder climates, silk is warm, and if worn close round the neck, can keep out the chill quite well. A simple knot or scarf ring can change up the look.
View attachment 5659687
View attachment 5659688
H used to produce cashmere-silk scarves in smaller sizes too, and you can find them sometimes on the resale market.
A special edition of Awooooo and a vintage small cashmere MikadoView attachment 5659689
View attachment 5659690

Wow. Not an impressive collection at all! :smile:

View attachment 5659709

I really like this knot!

Yes, Bunnycat, although I would describe the yellow as bright. It definitely pops! Here are a couple of flat pics which show the colors better.
View attachment 5659719
View attachment 5659721

Beautiful

Today I will try to replicate this knot from Agrume, which I admire greatly. My scarf of the day is Panthera Pardus.

View attachment 5659841

Thank you, @xincinsin, for hosting Knots for Dummies week. These sorts of knots were right down my alley.

Love this!

View attachment 5659915
And today’s knot is one we all LOVE - the “OMG look what came in the mail!!” knot :panic:
View attachment 5659914

Um that mousseline — gorgeous

I love this stole. Such great craftsmanship.

This is pretty darn great.

Wow. Not an impressive collection at all! :smile:

I really like this knot!

Beautiful

Love this!

Um that mousseline — gorgeous
thanks cutie!
No knots for me today, but I got this Jamdani stole in the mail, so I wanted to share. I need to work on it so it doesn’t look like a prayer shawl.

View attachment 5660119
Ohmigoodness!
we need more pics of this beauty… and your happy face!

View attachment 5659915
View attachment 5659914
This joins the "Meeting starts in 5 mins, just get it on!" knot :lol:

Just for laughs, I use a toile scarf as my Zoom backdrop. The first time I used it, I had a meeting with 4 colleagues from Finance and they were very interested in which meeting room had that lovely wallpaper :biggrin: I think I should have a word with building management to create more imaginative decor.

Status
Not open for further replies.