Home & Garden Post pictures of your newest home decor items!

Thank you for your kind words! I know how fortunate I am to have these things. I look at the portraits every day on my wall and I wonder what their lives were like. Such a fascinating topic!
Sorry I missed your reply!
I think there's something so very special about portraits, in your case especially, with them being family. They are these moments in time of lives long gone. It's a privilege of sorts to be their 'caretaker' and storekeeper.
There was a fantastic exhibition at The Met for portraits, I wish I could have gone.

It works really well! I got one for me and gifted another.. feels weird to stand on at first but pleased with how it’s holding up.

This arrived:
030EA5A3-DAE7-4B86-AE23-22459CF59F67.jpeg
I loveeeee. 1) it’s handmade by a small business and 2) it is (almost) perfect for what I had in mind. Size wise the bench it’s on it’s a bit longer and unfortunately this is the largest size but there’s only a bit of bench exposed on the sides width wise.

I thought between white and champagne and while I love white and the contrast would have been more with white, against oak, ultimately went with the champagne because I know myself, I’m pretty clumsy…

it was time to update my nightstand - i went to my favorite store's "scratch and dent" sale and found this one for $100 and change and the regular price is $400+. not sure why because there is neither a scratch or dent on it! loved it so much i then went back to get the matching dresser.

View attachment 5725455
so your bargain made you spend more :smile:
but you have what you like and will have them for years

• Haha
Reactions: bag-princess