Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

I highly recommend Meenda inserts on Etsy. I’ve tried 7rp, MaiTai and whitefox, and replaced all with Meenda inserts. Quality and fit is top notch, reasonable price and seller is wonderful to work with. She can also make custom inserts if the one you need isn’t listed on her storefront.

Thanks for the recommendation do you use the suede or satin fabric?

I just got my first Birkin 30 in Togo leather. Typically, I’m a Kelly girl because of the strap, but my wonderful SA offered a Birkin!… Anyway, I’ve gone back and read all the past comments from this year. I was originally looking at 7rp, but Mai Tai seems to be a fan favorite and they’re so fun and pretty…

No one really mentioned weight, though. People have mentioned “lightweight,” but that’s rather subjective. And added weight from an insert is what I’m most concerned about (especially this is my first top handle only bag since the early 2000s).

My question is: does the Mai Tai insert make the bag noticeably heavier? Does anyone have the weight of a B30 insert handy?

I’m also going to message the seller about weight, but I’d love anyone’s actual input regarding the insert.

TIA

Reactions: mew1023
I just got my first Birkin 30 in Togo leather. Typically, I’m a Kelly girl because of the strap, but my wonderful SA offered a Birkin!… Anyway, I’ve gone back and read all the past comments from this year. I was originally looking at 7rp, but Mai Tai seems to be a fan favorite and they’re so fun and pretty…

No one really mentioned weight, though. People have mentioned “lightweight,” but that’s rather subjective. And added weight from an insert is what I’m most concerned about (especially this is my first top handle only bag since the early 2000s).

My question is: does the Mai Tai insert make the bag noticeably heavier? Does anyone have the weight of a B30 insert handy?

I’m also going to message the seller about weight, but I’d love anyone’s actual input regarding the insert.

TIA
I had this question as well. MaiTai replied back saying their linen (edit: as u can see its liberty of London) inserts were the lightest and the JPG the heaviest. I have the email response somewhere, lemme search for it.

Hi,

The B30 inserts weights are:

Bagatelle: 129g/4.55oz
Linen: 123g/4.33oz
Linen with hot pink interior in cotton: 131g/4.62oz

The lightest inserts are the Liberty of London, they weigh 90g/3.17oz. The heaviest are the Jean-Paul Gaultier, they weigh 162g/5.71oz

Hope this helps, if you have any other question please let me know!

Kind regards,

I had this question as well. MaiTai replied back saying their linen (edit: as u can see its liberty of London) inserts were the lightest and the JPG the heaviest. I have the email response somewhere, lemme search for it.

Hi,

The B30 inserts weights are:

Bagatelle: 129g/4.55oz
Linen: 123g/4.33oz
Linen with hot pink interior in cotton: 131g/4.62oz

The lightest inserts are the Liberty of London, they weigh 90g/3.17oz. The heaviest are the Jean-Paul Gaultier, they weigh 162g/5.71oz

Hope this helps, if you have any other question please let me know!

Kind regards,
Thank you for this!
Did you get one? If so, which one and can you feel any different with the insert in vs without the insert?

Reactions: Book Worm
Thank you for this!
Did you get one? If so, which one and can you feel any different with the insert in vs without the insert?
I have a B30 Togo, and I have the JPG fabric insert as well as the Christian LaCroix fabric insert from MaiTai. They add only a tiny bit of weight, and I don’t notice a difference between them. I love her inserts, it’s like a party inside my B (if it’s one of the brightly colored ones). I don’t prefer 7rp based on looks alone and a friend of mine said her 7rp was very heavy in her Kelly.

I try not to overload my K or B as they can get heavy quickly, but the insert doesn’t add much weight. I don’t notice it’s measurably heavier in my bag than without it. HTH.

• Love
Reactions: Pivoine66 and Bambs

TIA
No! Not att all. Her older ones were a little bit heavier than her new ons. I have only MaiTai inserts and love them.

Thank you for this!
If you just want a linen bag liner, you should check out whitefox (please refer back to the thread for her contact information). My girlfriend prefers liner in her Birkin so she got a few from Julia.

I don’t think you need a bag pillow for your K25 especially if yours a Kelly sellier. My recommendation is to buy a bag insert from MaiTai it comes with a little ”pillow” warped in paper.
Thank you! Mine is a retourne in swift but I think I will just use some clothes or paper as the bag pillow as I am also worried a real bag pillow would stretch the leather too much. Thanks!!

Reactions: tonkamama
HELLO!

I wish to share some beginner's feedbacks on Samorga and Mai Tai inserts in case someone would find it useful.

Order Process : I found that Samorga and Mai Tai are both very pleasant and easy to communicate with.

Delivery Time : Both were impressive. It took about 1 week from Korea to France (Samorga) and 2 days within France (Mai Tai).

Packaging : Both were packaged quite meticulously.
: Added note that Mai Tai's packaging is a little more upscale since her products are as well.

Quality : Both are worth their respective prices. I also love that both brands use materials that are 100% local to their country of origin.

Some details to consider on Samorga :
~Their 2mm felt seems to be too thick for Birkins. I have a hard time cinching the bag close when I place the insert.
~I did order inserts for non-iconic Hermes bags, such as the Double Sens, and it fits perfectly.
~I customized a zippered pocket to conceal my wallet. The gold zipper tab is elegant (none of those generic plastic ones) but the teeth are quite sharp. It scratches on my fingers (and the wallet) when accessing the pocket.

So far just one detail to consider on Mai Tai :
~The inserts are not customized. Therefore, even if it fits my bag better ( I can now cinch it close), I don't have a concealed pocket for my wallet.

That's all for now!