The back of my HH Ana has a one panel of leather that is mismatched....

bagatella

Jul 28, 2007
It is distinctly different in color from the other three sections. I can understand differences in leather texture, but shouldn't the color be matched correctly, or is this common with HH bags? The color is saddle, BTW. Other than that, I love it!

Aw, what a bummer! :sad: FWIW, I had that exact same experience with a saddle Havana that I bought a couple of months ago. I emailed HH and at first I was told that the saddle color was supposed to be uneven. The entire back panel was a shade or two darker than the front...totally noticeable. I asked for opinions here on tpf and a bunch of saddle owners were kind enough to share that their bags were all evenly toned. I emailed HH back and they finally told me I could swap it out for another one. You might want to call them or even email them and tell them what the problem is. I really think the bag I got was a irregular or second item that maybe got sent out by accident. Hopefully they'll just accommodate you right away and *hopefully* they'll be nice about it. Glad to hear you found a color and style that you love though! :smile:

It is distinctly different in color from the other three sections. I can understand differences in leather texture, but shouldn't the color be matched correctly, or is this common with HH bags? The color is saddle, BTW. Other than that, I love it!

bagatella -
I have this bag in Chocolate and all of the leather panels match in color. IMO, this should be the same for the saddle color. My suggestion is to call HH and ask for a replacement. The style of the bag does not lend itself to this type of gradation in color - unlike some of their other "distressed bags".

This happened to me when I bought an Allison Burns bag. Mismatched leather is bothersome to me and I won't accept a bag like that. AB gladly took the bag back. I am sure HH would do the same. Good luck!

:sad: I'm sorry, but I agree with PPs and try to contact HH about a replacement. If they can't replace it, maybe they can credit you toward another bag...

This is the only thing that made me apprehensive about this great sale. I know that sample sales often have items with obvious flaws present, but this seemed to be more of an overstock sale. I know the pricing was terrific, but I'm hoping this doesn't mean that a few of us are going to be disappointed with their bags....