Strap Cracks - Beginning of the End?

I still can’t get in touch with their customer service after emailing from their web form twice about my cracking straps. Wth!?

Such a downer.
Have you tried going back to the store?
I noticed recently that the straps of my St Louis (bought in 2016) were leaking colour off on my clothes, and I emailed their customer services. They told me to bring it to the store, which is what I did. They found the purchase on their system, and sent it off to Paris for an estimate. I got an email back from them about 7-10 days later saying that they would replace the straps for free and that the delay would be 8 weeks.
I am based in London.

I still can’t get in touch with their customer service after emailing from their web form twice about my cracking straps. Wth!?

Such a downer.
Ditto @londongal2009 - if you can get to a boutique take it in person. My 2015 Marquises had the same issue with the melting strap sealant/color transfer and I took it in to my nearest store in Bal Harbour. They looked it up, found the original transaction from Paris, and sent it off for evaluation and repair.

Reactions: Swanky

Such a downer.
Ya no kidding- they emailed me back 5 times with the same response asking for pictures and receipt when I sent it every time.. it’s like they’re purposely ignoring having a meaningful exchange. I’m in nyc but didn’t bring the goyard with an issue and now am regretting it.

Ugh

“Thank you for your message to [email protected]. This mailbox is serviced Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Due to the high volume of requests, please allow 1 week for a response. Please note that new messages will shift your message thread to the end of the queue.”

Ugh

“Thank you for your message to [email protected]. This mailbox is serviced Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Due to the high volume of requests, please allow 1 week for a response. Please note that new messages will shift your message thread to the end of the queue.”
I've been going through this since August about a strap color-bleed issue on my Artois. It's pretty much killed my interest in the brand. I've tried calling the boutique I purchased from multiple times, texting the SA who sold me the bag, and finally emailing. After literally 2.5 months, I got as far as a return email from [email protected] asking for my retrieval and shipping address on November 4, and nothing further since then. Have been emailing once a week, but still radio silence...

I own 2 Goyard bags (bleedy Artois MM and an absolutely perfect rose gold Mini Anjou) and a Necessaire insert. The zipper on the Necessaire fell off fairly instantly in 2021 and that repair process still took several months turnaround time, but I was able to get in touch with the actual boutique and ship the item out quickly. I'm in Boston where we don't have a Goyard boutique; I make it to NYC a few times a year but those trips all happened before this issue occurred and I'm not going to make a trip just for this. I'm beginning to think Goyard isn't a great brand to own if one doesn't have a local boutique to expedite any issues.

Sorry you are going through this as well! :sad:

Reactions: Bagaddictmel
I've been going through this since August about a strap color-bleed issue on my Artois. It's pretty much killed my interest in the brand. I've tried calling the boutique I purchased from multiple times, texting the SA who sold me the bag, and finally emailing. After literally 2.5 months, I got as far as a return email from [email protected] asking for my retrieval and shipping address on November 4, and nothing further since then. Have been emailing once a week, but still radio silence...

I own 2 Goyard bags (bleedy Artois MM and an absolutely perfect rose gold Mini Anjou) and a Necessaire insert. The zipper on the Necessaire fell off fairly instantly in 2021 and that repair process still took several months turnaround time, but I was able to get in touch with the actual boutique and ship the item out quickly. I'm in Boston where we don't have a Goyard boutique; I make it to NYC a few times a year but those trips all happened before this issue occurred and I'm not going to make a trip just for this. I'm beginning to think Goyard isn't a great brand to own if one doesn't have a local boutique to expedite any issues.

Sorry you are going through this as well! :sad:
Thank you. Definitely never going to buy a Goyard anything anymore!

The crappy thing is, it’s my first full price luxury bag in years! I spend a lot of time shopping from Fashionphile etc, so it stings to shop full retail and have THIS HAPPEN!

Thank you. Definitely never going to buy a Goyard anything anymore!

The crappy thing is, it’s my first full price luxury bag in years! I spend a lot of time shopping from Fashionphile etc, so it stings to shop full retail and have THIS HAPPEN!

In case it helps...the advice I got from other kind tPFers was to be persistent, and it has helped me! It's actually a bit funny because right after I worked up all my righteous irritation in that comment, I sent a longer email to "[email protected]" than I had in the past, basically laying out my frustrations, the 2.5 months of following up I've done to get no resolution, and detailing the various contact methods I'd tried. I wasn't angry or rude, just tried to convey my very genuine disappointment - that tote was my first-ever premium designer bag so I can relate to the way you're feeling!

Whatever I did must have worked, because I got a response ~2 hours later with the form I was promised 2+ weeks ago. Next step will be a shipping label. So fingers crossed for you - just be polite and persistent! i was initially freaked out that sending any new message would auto-shift my claim down the queue, but clearly didn't happen in my case.

Btw, I don't mean to come here and bash Goyard on the Goyard board...I'm just feeling so acutely disappointed because the Artois (first real designer bag) and rose gold Anjou both have really special places in my heart & collection, so it's been a real bummer to feel jerked around over getting a defect addressed.

Reactions: ehc2010 and missD
So a very delayed update on my bag's situation. After emailing back and forth expressing my concerns about potentially shipping it to be examined to then risk being charged $XXX for repairs, I finally decided to take the risk and send the bag for evaluation. Here is a timeline of everything so others can see how long this process has taken!
  • Oct 17 - Initiated after sales repair process via their online form
  • Oct 21 - Goyard replied and ask for more photos of the bag which I sent a few days after
  • Oct 26 - Dec 9 - Goyard & I exchanged a few emails so I could better understand the repair process. I tried asking for a guarantee on free shipping but their policy is that they need to evaluate the bag first before deciding on whether it is a quality issue or normal wear and tear. If it was normal wear and tear I would be on the hook for Shipping $145 USD (from Toronto, Canada to NYC) and repairs. Sometimes it took me bumping the email after a couple of weeks of not being answered to continue the conversation. Persistence was key here. We exchanged 10 total emails during this time.
  • Dec 13 - I received a Fedex shipping label to ship my bag
  • Dec 17 - Dropped off the bag at Fedex
  • Dec 27 - Bag was received in NYC
  • Feb 10 - I emailed to ask if my bag has been evaluated yet
  • Feb 13 - Got an email back saying that my repair is expected to be completed this month, which was a surprise as I had not been notified that it had finished being examined and that repairs were taking place so I emailed back to clarify
  • Feb 14 - Got confirmation that both handles will be replaced free of charge and my bag will also be shipped back to me free of charge
Hope this gives others a bit more reassurance on repairs! I'll report back when I get the bag back!

Wow…that’s a VERY lengthy process with a lot of back and forth. I would expect better service from a brand like Goyard, frankly. But this is also very good to know and will be extremely helpful for others in similar situations. Thank you so much for sharing your journey so we can learn from it! And here’s hoping your bag is returned quickly and in pristine condition.

thank you for your post!

I’m surprised (and happy for you!) that repair was complementary but mine was going to be $280….for the exact same issue for a bag that’s less than a year old and used so sparingly.

The glazing looks to be thin and well done. Mine was very thick and visibly cracked all around.